Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

USC's Josh Shaw "I'ma hero...oh wait, I lied."

What a piece of work this guy is.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tory/14708921/

Josh Shaw, the USC senior cornerback who claimed he sprained both of his ankles while rescuing his seven-year-old nephew from a pool Saturday, admitted to making up the entire story Wednesday afternoon.

"We are extremely disappointed in Josh," said USC head football coach Steve Sarkisian. "He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story."

USC said it regrets posting the initial story on Shaw on its athletics web site.

"I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized," Sarkisian said. "Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable.

"Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."

Sarkisian also said Shaw, elected a team captain Saturday, has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities.

Shaw has retained Donald Etra as outside counsel. Etra previously has represented celebrities such as Snoop Dogg and Rihanna. Etra released the following statement on Shaw's behalf:

"On Saturday August 13, I injured myself in a fall. I made up a story about this fall that was untrue. I was wrong to not tell the truth. I apologize to USC for this action on my part. My USC coaches, the USC Athletic Department, and especially coach Sarkisian have all been supportive of me during my college career and for that, I am very grateful."

When reached for comment, Etra said that Shaw fell from a balcony on Saturday night August 3rd in Los Angeles and injured both of his ankles.

He emphasized that there was no need for them to be in contact with police. "There is no criminal aspect to this whatsoever."

When asked if alcohol was a factor, Etra said that there was none involved and that his client does not drink.

Etra does not know who was with Shaw at the time of the fall at this time. The only sanction that Shaw is facing is suspension from team activities.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Re: USC's Josh Shaw "I'ma hero...oh wait, I lied."

The best part is USC went out of there way to make this a story without bothering to verify it.

Go media.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Of course now there is an issue of two unexplained sprained ankles. This should be interesting.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

When I first started following this story a couple of days ago, I thought it was pretty funny. But now, it's just sad. What a doofus.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Of course now there is an issue of two unexplained sprained ankles. This should be interesting.
    Aint hard to splain the dude got durnk said Hold my Beer and watch this sh1t
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Some folks "closer to the situation" are saying the kid jumped off of the balcony to avoid LAPD, whom were called there on a complaint of domestic violence.

I don't know if that's true, or not, but this story (which was kind of a non-starter a few days ago) has certainly gotten a little more interesting.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Some folks "closer to the situation" are saying the kid jumped off of the balcony to avoid LAPD, whom were called there on a complaint of domestic violence.

I don't know if that's true, or not, but this story (which was kind of a non-starter a few days ago) has certainly gotten a little more interesting.
    I've heard that rumor as well.

My first thought was boyfriend/husband came home and the window was the only exit.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Ya can't fix stupid!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sometimes dumb jocks live up to their billing. This is the social media era. You cannot make up girlfriends, major college scholarship offers, or lifesaving heroics and not expect to get questioned on its validity.

If you're gonna make sh!t up, at least shoot for the moon and say you're Superman next time

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

Domestic Violence!? Hasn't he been listening to ESPN or Twitter? If that's the case he might as well have opened a meth lab on the school playground as to be accused of domestic assault these days.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Typical suc.
    posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

What is making this really stink is that he hired a high-profile CRIMINAL defense attorney. If all you did was jump off something messing around and then lie to your coaches, why would you need an attorney, especially a criminal attorney. Something smells bad..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner View Post
    Typical suc.
    I have to respect the USC team for holding him accountable. Players don't want him back because his distraction is hurting the team at a critical time. And it was reported another player confronted him in the locker room and demanded he come clean. A bit of peer pressure to put team first is a healthy thing, IMO.

vCash

it was reported another player confronted him in the locker room and demanded he come clean
    Wish Notre Dame had done the same thing to Manti Teo but nooo can't hurt his Heisman chances

Faith is believing something that you most likely can't see but you believe to be true.
    Last edited by badger; 8/28/2014 at 02:10 PM.

vCash

This sh1t couldn't happen to a nicer program.

"Sark treated me like a slave in his Office...Can't play for a racist MAN!!!!! #Fighton."
    fight on indeed

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Wish Notre Dame had done the same thing to Manti Teo but nooo can't hurt his Heisman chances

Faith is believing something that you most likely can't see but you believe to be true.

I never saw that. Knowing that it is utter bull**** is flabbergasting. How can a mother****er stand there and say that ****? My brain can't handle it.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Quit on!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm thinking saying you fell out of the back of a pick-up truck would be a better story.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What he didn't mention is that Manti Teo is the nephew's father.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.