Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

20th season as a season ticket holder

...begins Saturday. Hooray.

10 favorite games I've seen at Owen Field during that time span, in no particular order...except chronological:

Many blocked kicks upset of Syracuse/McNabb in 1997, Beating Texas Tech/Blake's final game in 1998, Ninja-beating of Texas A&M in 1999, Upset of Nebraska in 2000, Withstanding K-State's second half rally in 2001, Severe multiple-safety/sack-fest beat down of Texas Tech/Kingsbury in 2002, Come back win versus Bama in 2002, Thrashing of Oklahoma State in 2003, Whipping Miami in 2007, Dismantling of Florida State in 2010.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: 20th season as a season ticket holder

Good choices but I would have to add the Sugar Bowl against Alabama and last year's win against Notre Dame.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

My 17th as I have said before, " thank you John Blake"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, I stumbled into season tix in 99 and haven't looked back. The south ez won't look the same in a few years. Here's to 15 more seasons!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

If I make it to every home game this year it will be 43 years without missing a home game. I probably haven't missed a home game more years than most of you have been alive.
    Last edited by Sooner24; 8/27/2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Can anything in Norman top OU 51, OSU 48 in OT in 2012?
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

2000 OU vs Nebraska when the game was over and the students tried to carry the goal posts out. It looked like a big centipede running around!!

vCash

The 2000 Nebraska game had my favorite home game play - the ridiculous Andre Woolfolk falling down backwards pass reception.

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Good choices but I would have to add the Sugar Bowl against Alabama and last year's win against Notre Dame.
    This is a list of favorite home games attended since becoming season ticket holders. Sugar Bowl against Alabama was not a home game.

I've only been to one game in my lifetime: vs. Texas Tech in 08. That worked out pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Yeah, I stumbled into season tix in 99 and haven't looked back. The south ez won't look the same in a few years. Here's to 15 more seasons!!
    Originally bought two seats in the North End Zone in 1995, rejoicing the Gary Gibbs firing/resignation. Upgraded to four seats in 1998 because I figured Blake would be fired no matter what happened that season and saw that, in spite of himself, that there was going to be some talent left behind for a real coach.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    I've only been to one game in my lifetime: vs. Texas Tech in 08. That worked out pretty well.
    I've only been to a couple in Norman myself, and that beat down was one of the most satisfying sporting events I've ever attended. Screaming didn't stop until about 20 seconds left, around midnight

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I Am Right's Avatar
    vCash

37 season for me

vCash

i've been to the last 13 seasons, had season tickets the last 10

my favorites there so far have been Alabama in 2002 and OSU in 2012

the blowouts were nice, but man, those two are the reason you go to games.

Tech in 2008 was awesome for what it meant for the season, but i wasn't really that worried to begin with. 2003 A&M and OSU were pretty sweet revenge too.

any game at Owen Field is great though.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Some of my favorite attended home games are the 2008 tech beat down with jump around, OSU 2009 when they never crossed mid field. But a really fun game was the Baylor game in 2005 that went to OT.

My first Home game attended was for my 13th bday. 1993 when the sooner schooner fell over. We were hammered by colorado. Even though we lost... Lasting memories forever bc it was my first game. And I attended with my dad.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.