Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Iraq Vet beaten by as many as 20 assailants

WOW...JUST WOW!!!!

A rural Mississippi man suffered life-threatening injuries and required brain surgery after he entered a Waffle House despite receiving a warning not to enter the restaurant because of the color of his skin.
    The severe beating occurred early Sunday morning around 2 a.m., reports The Clarion-Ledger. Up to 20 assailants participated.

The injured man is Ralph Weems IV, a veteran of the Iraq War and a Marine. He is white.

The altercation began at about 1 a.m. when Weems and a friend, David Knighten, chose to go inside the Waffle House. They made this decision after a man in the parking lot diplomatically suggested that they should leave because the patrons inside were angry about the Aug. 9 police shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Thus, the unidentified man explained, the restaurant would not be a safe place for two white people.
    A group of about 20 men followed Weems and Knighten to the mostly empty Huddle House parking lot. A security guard told everyone to leave. However, Weems and Knighten found that some of the men had blocked their way.
    Witnesses described the men as black but otherwise could not identify them.

Knighten, an Air Force veteran who fought in the war in Afghanistan, said he attempted to calm the hostilities, to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: Iraq Vet beaten by as many as 20 assailants

But its not a hate crime...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    But its not a hate crime...

Hmm. The Police Chief who is black says it doesn't appear to be a hate crime even though 20 black guys followed the two white guys all the way to a different restaurant parking lot before attacking them. I guess that's just a coincidence.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/26/ir...brain-surgery/

vCash

Holy Crap!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

He isn't what one of Obama's sons would look like. No need for outrage.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

2AM - Waffle house - Deep in the South - Someone warned but you still go in and start an argument?

Those guys sure weren't road scholars.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    2AM - Waffle house - Deep in the South - And someone warned you

Why would deep in the south matter? That geography and history would seem to dictate the reverse situation.

vCash

2AM - Waffle house - Deep in the South - Someone warned but you still go in and start an argument?
    Those guys sure weren't road scholars
    Apparently neither are you!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

While I understand your sentiment, I would have gone elsewhere... I'm sorry, Waffle House or Huddle House ain't worth getting beat up for. They have a right to be there and not get sent to the hospital. This is just wrong and why this country is going in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by TheHumanAlphabet; 8/27/2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

did they order chicken AND waffles? sorry....I know totally inappropriate..but if ya watch Til Death...the sitcom...you'll get it.

Yes, I agree with Loc...not the smartest thing to do. BUT the C.O.P. is an idiot...NOT a Hate crime? really...it was racially motivated.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Just Like Ive said about Tulsa when I lived there.
    A Black man go in a Bar on the south side and gets the hell beat out of him then its a Hate crime by the Whites
    Now if a White man go in a bar on the North side and gets the hell beat out of him, Why he's just a dayum Fool.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

agreed Vet...I guess I forgot the group followed them from the one place (after the security guard scattered everyone) to the other. Just blows my mind that the chief doesn't think it's a hate crime....jeeeze. Wonder what the response would be if all the whites in that area started the same **** that happened in missouri...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    He isn't what one of Obama's sons would look like. No need for outrage.

vCash

According to Knighten, Weems, 32, began arguing with customers not long after he entered the Waffle House. It’s not clear what was said or what was in dispute. After the police eventually showed up, Weems and Knighten left.

On the way home, the pair decided to stop at a Huddle House — a similar, less iconic eatery that dots the South. The Huddle House was in West Point. Miss.

A group of people followed Weems and Knighten to the mostly empty Huddle House parking lot. A security guard told everyone to leave. However, Weems and Knighten found that some of the men had blocked their way.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/26/ir...#ixzz3BcJNzvUb
    So they left a waffle house and were followed by this group to a Huddle house to beat them up? Sounds pretty premeditated to me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    So they left a waffle house and were followed by this group to a Huddle house to beat them up? Sounds pretty premeditated to me.
    Read the whole story fellas. This dude was warned and still went in and started an argument. Not saying he deserved it, but damn that's just dumb. Something tells me there's more to this story. Nothing good though.

Regardless, sucks he got jumped.

vCash

Read the whole story fellas.
    This dude was warned and still went in and started an argument
    . Not saying he deserved it, but damn that's just dumb. Something tells me there's more to this story. Nothing good though.

Please show me where it states HE started the verbal argument? Some in the Parking lot says dont go in there cause you white . Yea aint smart to do so. But If that had Been 2 Blacks gettin the sh1t kicked out of em the Sharptons the Jacksons the Holders and Obammy would be all over it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Read the whole story fellas. This dude was warned and still went in and started an argument. Not saying he deserved it, but damn that's just dumb. Something tells me there's more to this story. Nothing good though.

Ton...I agree it was not smart on his part, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

But, 20 vs. 1? That is plain and simple chicken ****!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

According to Knighten, Weems, 32, began arguing with customers not long after he entered the Waffle House. It’s not clear what was said or what was in dispute. After the police eventually showed up, Weems and Knighten left.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/26/ir...#ixzz3Bgzn9gyv
    Knighten is his friend.

Yeah, he got jumped. Yeah, 20-1 isn't fair. Not sure what you're all so fired up about. Bitching and whining about some guy who obviously makes bad decisions. Complaining about Al and Jessie? Really, what team do they play for? You're simply pointing out the hypocrisy of those two that the rest of the world is already entirely aware of.

The fact that he was an Iraq vet doesn't mean **** - other than maybe they didn't teach him decision making or he wasn't paying attention or he thought he was a bad ***. Who knows? Either way there are better stories out there of a white guy getting beat up by black guys.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I live in Columbus, MS about 10 minutes from West Point. I go there quite a bit (grocery shopping, restaurants, etc.) and this has caused quite a community outrage here from the Caucasian minority. There has been one suspect arrested in conjunction with this case and locally they are giving all indications that this will be prosecuted as a hate crime.

Despite many misconceptions, there are normally pretty good race relations here in this area. Now this is just from my observation and I've only been here a year since moving from Little Elm, TX (formerly LittleElmSooner for you farkers out there). The majority of violent crime involves race-on-race crime (both ways) for the most part. This is just a shame and it deserves more attention called to it. The victim did not deserve what he got in any way.

If I had been in his place, it would have been much worse because I carry everywhere I go. I would have either shot someone (or multiple someones) or had the weapon taken from me and been shot myself. I am very thankful that was not the case. Violence against someone because of their race or opinion is completely unwarranted, regardless of who or where you are. Sad... Just sad..

vCash

Knighten is his friend.

Yeah, he got jumped. Yeah, 20-1 isn't fair.
    Not sure what you're all so fired up about. Bitching and whining about some guy who obviously makes bad decisions.
    Complaining about Al and Jessie? Really, what team do they play for? You're simply pointing out the hypocrisy of those two that the rest of the world is already entirely aware of.

The fact that he was an Iraq vet doesn't mean **** - other than maybe they didn't teach him decision making or he wasn't paying attention or he thought he was a bad ***. Who knows? Either way there are better stories out there of a white guy getting beat up by black guys.
    Dayum Boy you been taking lessons from 8th about twist and spin aint ya?

Who here is "FIRED " up? Bitching OR whining?. from what Ive read. Most are simply commenting on the article and the fact that it happened.