Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Playoff Process Released

Now we know. The one I'm concerned about,

• There will be no limit on the number of teams a single conference can have in the semifinals or other bowl games in the CFP rotation

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...rotocol-081414

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Playoff Process Released

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Now we know. The one I'm concerned about,

• There will be no limit on the number of teams a single conference can have in the semifinals or other bowl games in the CFP rotation

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...rotocol-081414
    No worries - we'll beat all our conference foes so bad that none of them will make the playoffs with us.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This is so SEC can have their teams play another game against each other because they didn't like the outcome of the first game. Doesn't anyone think it is funny when Texas A&M and Missouri couldn't win the big games in the Big XII, but have given the teams in SEC heck?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The SEC has had two things going for it: a few very good teams for whom things broke right (Alabama, LSU, Florida and from time to time Auburn) and a rich recruiting ground. (and when I say 'things broke right', I am referring to, for example, LSU's NC game against us that very easily could have gone the other way or Murray's absence from the NC game against Florida - yes, they won them, but alternative outcomes are not hard to imagine.) After those four, you fall off a cliff. Arkansas, anyone? So, TAMU and Misery were both perfect adds and also positioned so that 1-2 good games per season, if timed right, and they make some noise.
    Stoops has it about right concerning the conference.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    I don't give a **** what conference they are from. I don't want two from the same conference. Three and I am dumping college FB. I don't care if it's OU, KSU, and texas. No f'ing way. Gimme Bama, LSU, and Auburn and I reenact the burning of Atlanta, plus I'll add several more mediocre southern burgs along the way.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Wow this is going to be just as controversial if not more than the bcs era. No limit to how many teams from a conference... Ridiculous.. So it will be 2-3 SEC teams guaranteed... Great. You should have to win your conference as well in my opinion. This conference strength perception is a load of crap (at least in the SEC's case)

Um we have known about this for a couple years. Even before the playoff was offically announce if was well known there would be no limit on how many teams form a conference can make the playoffs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
    Um we have known about this for a couple years. Even before the playoff was offically announce if was well known there would be no limit on how many teams form a conference can make the playoffs.
    ...and I'm pretty sure I posted something similar every time it was brought up. This had better be handled with serious scrutiny. I love CFB. It's the only sport I watch. The way that they pick champions is always dubious. This may not be the fix if five SEC teams start the season in the top ten for the simple reason that someone THINKS the SEC is elite before anyone has played a single game. Again, ranking should not come out until October. The Bama LSU rematch a few years ago was a farce. This smacks of SEC apologetics and will likely give us a few rematches before it is blown up again.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Conspiracy!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The shaggy dick drawer's take appears to be accurate:

Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerMachine's Avatar
    vCash

Kinda makes me long for the pre-BCS days...
    "Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you!" -Bill Hicks

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMachine View Post
    You mean the AP popularity contests? No thanks. BCS did okay considering it was an impossible task, and with 4 slots, this newer system should be better - but it's still subjective. It's a good starting year for OU with a fairly easy non-conference schedule and it's toughest opponents at home. If OU doesn't own the big12 and get a slot, it will be because of something the team did, or failed to do on the field.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMachine View Post
    Nebrasky longs for the pre-BCS days

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    This is so SEC can have their teams play another game against each other because they didn't like the outcome of the first game. Doesn't anyone think it is funny when Texas A&M and Missouri couldn't win the big games in the Big XII, but have given the teams in SEC heck?
    In fairness to the SEC, that was aTm's best team in years and Missouri won the SEC east last year, which was about as good as the Big 12 north when they were in it.