Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Sam Bradford - possible knee injury

This really, really sucks, and I don't have a good feeling about it, but I'm going to wait until the Rams press conference. If we learned anything from NBA free agency, it's that twitter is as about as reliable for breaking news as a Pac-10 ref.

vCash

Just wow. Watching the replay, it looked like nothing. The tackler grabbed him high and pulled a bit, but almost immediately let go. Just a really awkward position I guess, but it really makes me wonder if the knee never healed correctly from the surgery. If a play like that torn it, hard to see him lasting the season if it was that fragile.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Adam Schecter is just covering his butt6 from trying to be the firstest with the mostest last night. News conference at 5:30 central today will tell the story.
    Schefter got his start in sports media in Denver, and he was really plugged in to the Bronco organization, so he was always a very good source for anything Bronco related. When he first went to ESPN, I figured he'd be stretched a little thin, but would continue to be the guy you could count on for solid information. He's not been 'that guy' for a while now. This is just another example.

I believe he has many contacts throughout the league, but his anonymous "sources" are over the top now. He always seems to have a 'source' to cover both sides, just as he did in this situation.

It's too bad, Schefter used to be a really good reporter. Now he's just another ESPN paid hack.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Adam Schecter is just covering his butt6 from trying to be the firstest with the mostest last night. News conference at 5:30 central today will tell the story.
    Yeah, but does it really matter in such cases? The injury was going to be revealed soon enough and the preliminary news was just from the manual mobility tests. People are still interested even if initial reports can be in error.

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Schefter got his start in sports media in Denver, and he was really plugged in to the Bronco organization, so he was always a very good source for anything Bronco related. When he first went to ESPN, I figured he'd be stretched a little thin, but would continue to be the guy you could count on for solid information. He's not been 'that guy' for a while now. This is just another example.

I believe he has many contacts throughout the league, but his anonymous "sources" are over the top now. He always seems to have a 'source' to cover both sides, just as he did in this situation.

It's too bad, Schefter used to be a really good reporter. Now he's just another ESPN paid hack.
    I thought he was terrific when he was at the NFL Network. I guess ESPN just has some kind of disease that turns otherwise decent journalists into sensationalist meatballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

My heart breaks for Sammy B!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Nothing good has come from the sports page lately
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Just for all you guys concerned about my well being...I keep telling myself that Warner replaced Green when he went down, and Bulger replaced Warner when he went down, and that's what led to our last two super bowl appearances.

Of course, somebody might mention that Martz was on our coaching staff back then, and we also had the best WR duo of all-time to ease the new QB in (AND MARSHALL FAULK!! ). Don't mention that, though, unless you're not concerned about my well-being.

vCash

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e49c75605bd2a19ca36e7b9bc148fe3f792ff0d1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	2823

Thinking happy thoughts....

vCash

Sam, Ryan Broyles, AD, and now Gabe Ikard. All ACL tears and two of them multiples. Incredible. Does make you wonder why it's happening to OU athletes, especially the skilled guys. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it because I've followed them, but it seems like it's more than a coincidence. I dunno.

vCash

^^Schmitty isn't making them do enough yoga.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Sam, Ryan Broyles, AD, and now Gabe Ikard. All ACL tears and two of them multiples. Incredible. Does make you wonder why it's happening to OU athletes, especially the skilled guys. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it because I've followed them, but it seems like it's more than a coincidence. I dunno.
    The injury to AD was no mystery. That was a violent, direct hit to the side of the knee while his foot was planted. A lesser man's leg would have torn off at the hip and flown 50 rows up into the stands.