Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Official: DGB waiver request denied by NCAA

Just came across my Twitter feed from OU...the NCAA has denied the waiver and he will not play this season. OU says it will accept the decision.

vCash

Re: Official: DGB waiver request denied by NCAA

vCash

Speaking of Twitter, looks like Joe Mixon is pretty solid in his dedication and commitment to the school. He posted this today.

"I love OU and my Teammates I'm Here to Win Championships And to win A Heisman! I'm loyal to this Man"

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

He was an unexpected addition anyway, so the only loss was his practice time taken from other players. I guess we'll see if there really is a gentleman's agreement for him to stay and play in '15 if the waiver was denied. It would be nice if they would publish the reason the waiver was denied.

vCash

Well here's hoping that it will be worth having him around to give our secondary some practice. He most likely leaves for the pros after this season is up.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Makes me wonder why OU was so optimistic in the first place. For the NCAA, they reached this decision with lightning speed, which I assume means it was a "no brainer" for them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Makes me wonder why OU was so optimistic in the first place. For the NCAA, they reached this decision with lightning speed, which I assume means it was a "no brainer" for them.
    Kinda reminds me of Boren saying that the Pac-12 move was a done deal. Stop getting my hopes up dangit!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Any other season, any other time I mighta felt bad for OU, but after how the Mixon situation was handled I'm having a hard time mustering up much sympathy for anybody involved.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

This shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. I felt like it was a long shot (and I think even OU felt that way), but it was worth a try.

I think DGB stays his senior year and plays. But, that may be a long shot too (or hopeful thinking).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    And that is reinforced by OU immediately accepting the decision w/o appeal. If I recall, Saunders waiver was initially denied and then granted upon appeal (half a season later, grrrr). It could also be that OU wasn't really optimistic in the first place, but there was no win stating that publicly.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And that is reinforced by OU immediately accepting the decision w/o appeal. If I recall, Saunders waiver was initially denied and then granted upon appeal (half a season later, grrrr). It could also be that OU wasn't really optimistic in the first place, but there was no win stating that publicly.
    Yeah, I think they filed for the waiver because there was a chance it would be granted (albeit a very small one). They just didn't have much to work with, and I would have been very surprised if the waiver was granted.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Any other season, any other time I mighta felt bad for OU, but after how the Mixon situation was handled I'm having a hard time mustering up much sympathy for anybody involved.
    CB, on the surface it seems Mixon is handling this better than you are.

vCash

CB, on the surface it seems Mixon is handling this better than you are.
    On the surface it would seem that lacking the freedom I do to express disgust with how the situation was handled, he has no choice but to state his willingness to handle it well.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    On the surface it would seem that lacking the freedom I do to express disgust with how the situation was handled, he has no choice but to state his willingness to handle it well.
    Other than the freedom to go elsewhere.

vCash

Other than the freedom to go elsewhere.
    I said he was a total dumbass if he didn't leave. If he's still in Norman Monday morning I'll consider that to be the case, and I'll probably be less inclined to take his side at that point.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Who cares----They should never have taken him----He will never sit around and wait to play----probably out of town by now----Black eye to the program

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Kudos to the coaches for taking the gamble. I don't think they take it if they knew the *&^%storm was coming from the Mixon deal.
    If DGB stays for his senior year and keeps his nose clean, and Mixon stays and also keeps his nose clean, then with B Mayfield set to compete or BU at the QB position next year then it was probably worth it considering it's getting harder for the coaches to recruit the high star high school athletes into this dumpster fire of a no-TV-network conference we're stuck in.
    If we get lucky with no major injuries this year, don't have the usual 1 or 2 game complete meltdowns with our offensive game plans and JH and not fuJH shows up in each game, then we may make it into the 4 team playoff, which will give us some good press for a change (as long as we don't pull a K-State in KC, USC in Miami, or a game such as the RRR embarrassment from last year) in the playoffs.
    I still can't believe we didn't show up in Dallas last year and Mack and Derp have the scoreboard on us. We definitely need to win and win big this year in Dallas.

vCash

Does this mean that Mixon can appeal and get only a 3 game suspension?

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

He will only go up if he stays and plays next year. I think he owes OU to do it also. They gave him a chance.