Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Priorities

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    No, it does not. However, they do deserve a tremendous amount of respect. Why don't you learn how to give it.

Comedy gold right there folks, comedy gold...
    I have a tremendous about of respect for people who serve. What I don't have respect for are people who think that respect is contingent on the political party those who served or serve is a member of.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Get this through your thick skull/ I don't ****ing care about your politics. My whole train of thought is based on the way you speak to people. Quit brining up political bull****, and start thinking about how you act towards those that disagree with you. You are a chump . Plain and simple. And I'm not looking for your respect. Nor so I feel I deserve more than anyone else, but you act so ****ing high and mighty that you can't see pass your own ideologies, and your relationships suffer because of it. I've been on this board for many years, and while there are some boneheads- often times me myself- what we so not tolerate are people who come on here acting like they are better than any one else. You sir fit that bill perfectly. Again. Set your ego aside, quit trying to teach people ****. and try to have some respectful meaningful conversations. Until you do this charade will go round and round.

Forget party affiliation. Forget ideology, and accept that not everyone thinks like you-- and guess what? That's perfectly fine. If you continue to be an *** abut everything, then you sir are the problem and it just reaffirms what we all already think: you simply just enjoy being a dick
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    Get this through your thick skull/ I don't ****ing care about your politics. My whole train of thought is based on the way you speak to people. Quit brining up political bull****, and start thinking about how you act towards those that disagree with you. You are a chump . Plain and simple. And I'm not looking for your respect. Nor so I feel I deserve more than anyone else, but you act so ****ing high and mighty that you can't see pass your own ideologies, and your relationships suffer because of it. I've been on this board for many years, and while there are some boneheads- often times me myself- what we so not tolerate are people who come on here acting like they are better than any one else. You sir fit that bill perfectly. Again. Set your ego aside, quit trying to teach people ****. and try to have some respectful meaningful conversations. Until you do this charade will go round and round.

Forget party affiliation. Forget ideology, and accept that not everyone thinks like you-- and guess what? That's perfectly fine. If you continue to be an *** abut everything, then you sir are the problem and it just reaffirms what we all already think: you simply just enjoy being a dick
    It is impossible have some respectful meaningful conversations on this board with the likes of ol vet who immediately hurls insults. I did try and call a truce, I stuck to it until I got sick of ol vet shi!t.

Unfortunately having some respectful meaningful conversations means agreeing with anything that is posted. Anything else is met with obamadong.

vCash
    And by the way, while I respect the fact that John Kerry served in Vietnam, he is still a little bitch. And because I too have served, I can say that. Regardless of his party affiliation. His antics broke a code of honor within the military that you know nothing about.
    The fact is--unlike you-- I have no problem calling someone out regardless of their party. You obviously only point to "rightwingnuts" as the problem. McCain is a prime example. I don't necessarily agree with his politics, and he can definitely be a bit dense, but I respect the man for what he has done for this country. Bush (both of them) has things I strongly disagree with, but I still respect the man. As far as your boy Obama goes, in my personal opinion, I don't agree with his beliefs. I feel he has done more harm than good for this country.I don't see any substantive value he brings to the office, but I don't need you to try to tell me how great he is. However, he is my commander and chief, and if he says I have to go fight, then I'm on it. He is still a sorry excuse for a president, but I have to respect the office and the position for which he was elected. I can disagree with everything he says, but am not going to blatantly disrespect him. You on the other hand have no problem disrespecting anyone that disagrees with you.
    I'd besurprised if you fully understand the meaning of the word honor and sacrifice. No where in any of my post did I state that I'm deserving of more freedoms or respect than anyone else, but I damn sure have sacrificed more for my beliefs than you that tries to prove it on a message board.

Enough with the lemming ****, too. Find some new vocabulary. You sound like a broken record.
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I was lost until I got my first taste of obamadong.
    DAMN!!!

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash
    I understand. But don't let a few people be the deciding factor for everyone. Vet and TF are who they are. They are good people. They just don't like Being disrespected. You are not going to change that man. Regardless of who started what, remember, This is just a message board. It is supposed to be fun. A way for people to connect and be a part of something. This board is a small and close knit community. Many people have been here for a very long time. He'll, I've been on for nearly ten years! ( which is unbelievable!) but maybe it was just the approach from the onset.
    I'm sure your a good dude, but you come across like a dick. You're not gonna change people. Just say what you have to say in a respectful way, and let people decide for themselves. It's all good. Why do we get all worked up over people's comments? People we don't even know? When you think about it, it is ridiculous. There are much more pressing issues than ****ing cockfights on a message board, right?! So I'll say this: truce brother. This **** ain't worth it. Just work on your approach and don't try to force ****. If people don't want to agree with you, then so be it. It's not the end of the world. Agreed?
    Last edited by BetterSoonerThanLater; 8/26/2014 at 07:39 PM.
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

And by the way, while I respect the fact that John Kerry served in Vietnam, he is still a little bitch. And because I too have served, I can say that. Regardless of his party affiliation. His antics broke a code of honor within the military that you know nothing about.
    The fact is--unlike you-- I have no problem calling someone out regardless of their party. You obviously only point to "rightwingnuts" as the problem. McCain is a prime example. I don't necessarily agree with his politics, and he can definitely be a bit dense, but I respect the man for what he has done for this country. Bush (both of them) has things I strongly disagree with, but I still respect the man. As far as your boy Obama goes, in my personal opinion, I don't agree with his beliefs. I feel he has done more harm than good for this country.I don't see any substantive value he brings to the office, but I don't need you to try to tell me how great he is. However, he is my commander and chief, and if he says I have to go fight, then I'm on it. He is still a sorry excuse for a president, but I have to respect the office and the position for which he was elected. I can disagree with everything he says, but am not going to blatantly disrespect him. You on the other hand have no problem disrespecting anyone that disagrees with you.
    I'd besurprised if you fully understand the meaning of the word honor and sacrifice. No where in any of my post did I state that I'm deserving of more freedoms or respect than anyone else, but I damn sure have sacrificed more for my beliefs than you that tries to prove it on a message board.

Enough with the lemming ****, too. Find some new vocabulary. You sound like a broken record.
    What exactly did Kerry do to break the code of honor?

vCash

I understand. But don't let a few people be the deciding factor for everyone. Vet and TF are who they are. They are good people. They just don't like Being disrespected. You are not going to change that man. Regardless of who started what, remember, This is just a message board. It is supposed to be fun. A way for people to connect and be a part of something. This board is a small and close knit community. Many people have been here for a very long time. He'll, I've been on for nearly ten years! ( which is unbelievable!) but maybe it was just the approach from the onset.
    I'm sure your a good dude, but you come across like a dick. You're not gonna change people. Just say what you have to say in a respectful way, and let people decide for themselves. It's all good. Why do we get all worked up over people's comments? People we don't even know? When you think about it, it is ridiculous. There are much more pressing issues than fiver am cockfights on a message board, right?! So I'll say this: truce brother. This **** ain't worth it. Just work on your approach and don't try to force ****. If people don't want to agree with you, then so be it. It's not the end of the world. Agreed?
    Agreed

BOOMER

vCash
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Ummm, might have something to do with throwing his medals back over
    a fence or into the Washington Basin (not sure which). BTW, I supported
    him, in spite of that...(He needs his a$$ kicked for that!!) Swift Boat was
    the dirtiest campaign I have EVER seen, Anderson and his buddies should
    have been drawn and quartered...jus sayin...(Oh, and I have served, in that
    era, but dint go to the jungle like Vet did...

vCash

It is impossible have some respectful meaningful conversations on this board with the likes of ol vet who immediately hurls insults. I did try and call a truce, I stuck to it until I got sick of ol vet shi!t.

Unfortunately having some respectful meaningful conversations means agreeing with anything that is posted. Anything else is met with obamadong.
    I could have more respect for you if you could write a coherent sentence and spell words correctly that are above the 3rd grade level, all the while claiming you're the smartest man on the board.

Truth is you're a stupid loser troll.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Ummm, might have something to do with throwing his medals back over
    a fence or into the Washington Basin (not sure which). BTW, I supported
    him, in spite of that...(He needs his a$$ kicked for that!!) Swift Boat was
    the dirtiest campaign I have EVER seen, Anderson and his buddies should
    have been drawn and quartered...jus sayin...(Oh, and I have served, in that
    era, but dint go to the jungle like Vet did...
    That whole thing was stupid on his part. The story changing is bothersome, but at the end of the day is throwing a medal or ribbon away you earned in combat justification for outright lies told about him winning the medals? I didn't see republicans stand up for Kerry and I didn't see democrats attack mccain for signing a "confession", but I did see republicans attack him twice for it, once is 2000 and again in 2008.

John Kerry was a decorated war hero regardless of what he did with his ribbons or medals. He deserved better from those who claim they support our troops and so did mccain.

vCash

Dudette I called you a Moran after yer 30th post Oh No.You came back with the Crazy assed Name calling.
    Yer truce meant NOTHING ! Simply because to wanted to act all *****fied. Again F uck you!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Lets see, I was there . How about the Idiot Running his swift boat into a Bank endangering his entire Crew Just so he could Jump out and chase down a young Gook kid and KILL him
    But the Mother****er Got his Medals that he could then throw back
    Fuc k you Dont defend that Prick to me.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

That whole thing was stupid on his part. The story changing is bothersome, but at the end of the day is throwing a medal or ribbon away you earned in combat justification for outright lies told about him winning the medals? I didn't see republicans stand up for Kerry and I didn't see democrats attack mccain for signing a "confession", but I did see republicans attack him twice for it, once is 2000 and again in 2008.

John Kerry was a decorated war hero regardless of what he did with his ribbons or medals.
    He deserved better from those who claim they support our troops and so did mccain.
    I say agin that ignerant Mother**** didnt EARN a dayum thin!
    F U ck you Show me. Ya ****in Idiot

Kiss my ase Kerry was NEVER and Never will be a F uckin Hero.

vCash

Screw it, Im lettin this Baby Troll pizs me off and that aint good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Lets see, I was there . How about the Idiot Running his swift boat into a Bank endangering his entire Crew Just so he could Jump out and chase down a young Gook kid and KILL him
    But the Mother****er Got his Medals that he could then throw back
    Fuc k you Dont defend that Prick to me.
    You were there with John Kerry on his swift boat? So you know exactly what happened? This covers one of his medals, the silver star, that would leave the bronze star he earned along with three purple hearts. What about those medals?

Kerry got his medals through the same process as anyone else in 'nam. If you question his medals, then every medal can be questioned. None of the guys on the swift boat attacks ever served with kerry.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

You were there with John Kerry on his swift boat? So you know exactly what happened? This covers one of his medals, the silver star, that would leave the bronze star he earned along with three purple hearts. What about those medals?

Kerry got his medals through the same process as anyone else in 'nam. If you question his medals, then every medal can be questioned. None of the guys on the swift boat attacks ever served with kerry.
    You should consider your audience when you make these types of posts.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yes there is and it is this.

There is nothing you dumbasses won't buy into hook line and sinker from the rightwingnut media. Go grab your pitchforks and torches. LEMMINGS

Twitter, Obama and the Gen. Harold Greene funeral hoax

Just to summarize the facts in this convoluted affair: Hagel did attend the Greene funeral. Obama and Biden did not. Nixon did not attend the Dillard funeral, and Bush did not attend the Maude funeral. There is no “tradition” of presidential attendance at generals’ funerals that Obama “bucked.” The Hagel misinformation (passed on erroneously by me) came from Drachenberg’s tweet, amplified in the Legal Insurrection post. The Nixon and Bush misinformation was a deliberate falsehood spread by Davis.

There are several lessons to be drawn from the affair. The first, and most important, is to be skeptical about everything one sees on the Internet and make a good-faith effort to ensure that information one passes on is accurate. I will certainly redouble my efforts on that score in the future. The second lesson is that when one makes a mistake, correct it as quickly as possible, more than once if necessary. And the final lesson, narrower but still important, is: Never trust a word Morris Davis says; it might be “sarcasm.”

Davis' tweet referred to Maj. Gen. John A.B. Dillard — that last U.S. general killed in combat — who died when his helicopter was shot down in Vietnam on May 12, 1970. Davis' tweet also referred to Lt. Gen. Timothy Maude, who was killed in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the Pentagon. According to Davis, the Dillard funeral was attended by then-President Richard Nixon, and the Maude funeral was attended by then-President George W. Bush. Obama, Davis said, broke that tradition by skipping General Greene's funeral.

As it turned out, both Drachenberg's tweet and Davis' tweet were wrong. Drachenberg's had an error which he later corrected. Davis' was an intentional falsehood, about which he later boasted. Both ended up ricocheting around the Internet.

I played a role in that. On Saturday morning, I tweeted, without comment, a link to the original Legal Insurrection article. A short time later, I added the following:

I was wrong. It turns out Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel did, in fact, attend the Greene funeral, a fact I should have known. Before sending out the tweet, I made a couple of perfunctory checks to see whether Hagel had attended, didn't see him in the news coverage I read and passed on the information without further checking. If I had looked into it just a bit more, I would have seen, for example, a Stars & Stripes article that specifically mentioned Hagel's presence. Once I saw that, I sent out two tweets correcting the mistake. (As for Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, it was true that neither had attended.)

The Davis tweet was another matter altogether. I did not pass it on, but it was included in the Legal Insurrection post to which I had linked. Davis stated definitively that Nixon had attended the Dillard funeral in 1970 and Bush had attended the Maude funeral in 2001, a "tradition" of presidential attendance that Obama "bucked" by ignoring the Greene funeral. As it turned out, none of that was true, and Davis, a retired U.S. Air Force colonel who played an important role in the War on Terror and who today teaches law at Howard University, knew it when he wrote it.
    get a life

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    You should consider your audience when you make these types of posts.
    I do have to correct one of the guys did serve with kerry, my mistake.

Why should I? I thought we were having a discussion not an agreement.