Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Tech Toys with Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    That's sort of what I'm puzzling through. Either the transfer rules apply to anyone who had any sort of contact with the program as a player. (perhaps with some redshirt sort of gray area, I'm not a black/white zealot), or they only apply to 'scholarship' athletes....or 'starters'...or some other subset of players. I would think his situation is very clear one way or the other and that a relatively low level clerical person at the NCAA could settle the issue in an afternoon.

But I am of the persuasion that a smoking hell mouth should open beneath the NCAA HQ building and swallow up those who work for that hideous organization. I feel about them as I feel about concentration camp guards.
    But this is what the NCAA does best. Create ambiguity where none need exist. Without that it would make it more difficult to handle these situations in a capricious and arbitrary manner thus denying college sports fans days, weeks and months of fun-filled suspense waiting for whatever outcome suits their whimsy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I thought they had already done all of these things.
    At least before the renovation...

Throwing the old bleachers at the saxet team was classic!
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

how did not get a schollie from them?
    To be fair, Dominique Whaley was once a monster walk-on for us on the field, and a Subway sandwich artist without a scholarship off the field. So, it's perfectly acceptable for a player to play without scholarship, even a star starter.

What is unacceptable is continually dicking around with the teenager (he's 19) with no end in sight. There should be a clean break from a program that doesn't put a player on scholarship. Don't have a transfer penalty; don't allow the previous cheapskates to be able to hold his eligibility over his head.

Here's Baker's perspective in a Q&A he did with ESPN back in January.

I'm not being unnecessarily profane here. The situation Baker described is 100 percent dicking around.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I consider osu and tech as equals in all areas so I'm throwing this question in the tech thread...so has anyone seen that their new phrase is "America's brightest orange"? What is that? What does that even mean? It's right there below their "O" logo. I remember the whole ride 'em rag thing and the "program on the rise" but this new one I don't get. Aggy be aggy for eternity

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I guess it's some sort of misplaced academic smack, but who knows? Aggy will, indeed, be aggy 'til the end of time. And, after the world ends, they'll be standing around, like, 'Where'd everybody go, man? Why's it so dark?'
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

So they are smarter than the beavers? 'Cuse and so on? Got it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I offer only my attempt at deciphering what could possibly have been going through an agroid mind to make that up. Not being an agroid,I can only simulate.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

When you think about what sets certain universities apart, there isn't a lot that sets OSU apart other than bright orange... but dag nabbit, it's the brightest!

This is not meant to be a knock on OSU or academic smack, but when it comes to revenue athletics (yes, that omits wrestling), there's a more famous school that goes by "OSU." There's other teams known as the "Cowboys" and even lowly Texas A&M managed to win the Big 12 football title once. Even sh!tty Baylor managed to win the Heisman once. They even let mid-majors like Central Florida win the Fiesta Bowl these days. Nothing they've done hasn't been done before and won't be done by someone else again.

But hey, that orange is pretty bright.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Texas Tech is the school that did not pay Leach for his entire last year of coaching! And he took them to bowl games they had never been to before, plus get stadium improvements going, etc. LOW CLASS PROGRAM!! LOW CLASS PEOPLE!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    Texas Tech is the school that did not pay Leach for his entire last year of coaching! And he took them to bowl games they had never been to before, plus get stadium improvements going, etc. LOW CLASS PROGRAM!! LOW CLASS PEOPLE!!
    Sums it up nicely.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

My thoughts regarding Kliff:

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    To be fair, Dominique Whaley was once a monster walk-on for us on the field, and a Subway sandwich artist without a scholarship off the field. So, it's perfectly acceptable for a player to play without scholarship, even a star starter.

What is unacceptable is continually dicking around with the teenager (he's 19) with no end in sight. There should be a clean break from a program that doesn't put a player on scholarship. Don't have a transfer penalty; don't allow the previous cheapskates to be able to hold his eligibility over his head.

I'm not being unnecessarily profane here. The situation Baker described is 100 percent dicking around.
    What ever happened to Whaley? Did the injury really just impede him that much? That's all I ever heard about it.

Also does anyone here ever frequent tech forums? I would like to know what some of their opinions are on the matter
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 8/27/2014 at 11:09 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    What ever happened to Whaley? Did the injury really just impede him that much? That's all I ever heard about it.

Also does anyone here ever frequent tech forums? I would like to know what some of their opinions are on the matter

Also
    The next season after he came back from injury, I seem to recall him having so many fumbling issues that he was practicing with a ball on a springline. As such, he was buried on the depth chart.

His pro day didn't go well either reportedly.

In any event, he had that little string of being a walk-on wonder and was a fun story. He earned his scholarship so I hope he also earned his degree.

Ignore this post
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 8/27/2014 at 11:11 PM.

vCash

Article says he got his bachelor's

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

Just read that article and the comments below it. Tech fans are some of the biggest hand jobs out there. Not as bad as Colorado or Okie Lite, but they are a-holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUOC9qaW6s

And this is a good fan.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

here are a few posts I've seen from TTU fan...

**** all that.

Rules are ****ing rules...... its so damn annoying. Baker WAS GOING ON SCHOLARSHIP here are TTU. He got pissed because he was named named the starter of the Holiday Bowl after sucking *** in the Texas game and got pissed off....

he decided to follow his GIRLFRIEND to OU and then get his Daddy to fight for him and change the rules....

His daddy is the biggest pusher in this..... its really embarrassing. The second OU relized they were ****ed at QB and needed TTUs' left overs, this went into high gear.

The rules are set, voted on, and agreed upon by ALL teams...... but since it doens't fit OU, its a '****** move"???? **** THAT.

****** move by all on this board for buying into this pitty party bull****.

The rules are very clear. The kid was not "the water boy".... he CHOSE to walk-on... he CHOSE to leave with a scholarship on the table. And YES there was one coming... its no longer a "he said/she said".... it was released in writing that Baker was going to have on starting in August 2014 or when one opened up if someone left in for Summer.

OU gave it to someone else? Well then everyone bitch and mone and call them ****** bags!!! "its too late"? No, you gave it away. No TTU's fault.

Imaging the kaos if this was not held up..... Kids could walk on to any school, Get the play book, signs, dirt, recruit, etc and then leave for another school and play against them in conference?!?!??!

Tell Me SEC schools would not be using that all day.

Bottom line, the little ****er threw a fit, left, followed the GF, and then cried when the RULES said NO.

Anyone who things TTU is wrong in this is retarded and lying to themselves.

YOU ARE NOT PERMIITED TO TRANSFER INCONFERENCE..

What the **** is so hard about this?

He has free travel, food, training, full access to all sports activities of all players. Free trainers, access to play calls, signals, habits, injury information, personal information on players coaches, etc...

Most all programs block all players from this.

Why the hell is he special?!?!?!?!

"Because it's Oklahoma????"

The same team that is trying to get a druggy that pushed a woman down the stairs and kicked off another team??? The team that wins at all cost???

If you blame texas tech, you are ****ing stupid.

A) his grounds for transfer are a lie. He was going on schalorship
    B) big12 rules say he played, therefor even if he was a walk-on he is subject to AALL rules.
    C) he only played because the other 2 were hurt/sick.
    D) Brewer transferred to Va Yech with no problems.
    E) he was told before he left, NO conference teams. He chose to follow his GF.

It's not Tech's. Fault.

This topic really does **** me the hell off...

All season this little bastard cried on the sideline. Michael Brewer, Davis Webb, and Clayton Nichols.... all very good recruits were on Scholarhip.

No one knew who Bake Mayfield was.

Brewer hurts his back in the summer....... Webb gets sick (reports mono?) and lost 40 lbs in fall camp, dehydrated and was held out. Baker beats out RS/FR Nicholas and is given the starting job for SMU. He does very well the campus is alive, but he can not be put on scholarship.... ther is not one available and since the season started, you can't pull one from a kid.

So Baker is told mid-way through the season that he is getting a scholarship, and in October Clayton Nicholas declares he will step down and transfer in Jan. Which we expected opened up a scholarship, but it did not due Baker NOT being "recruited" by Texas Tech or some crazy NCAA stat. Mayfield was told he would have the csholarship coming this SUMMER.... and by all acounts was happy. Remember he CHOSE to walk-on.

Fast Forward to the Texas Game..... Webb is hurt, Brewer is hurt, Mayfield goes out, Texas Tech gets smashed and plays horrible. Webb comes in hurt and plays well toward th end.

Going into December practice The QB spot was up for grabs LIKE IT HAD BEEN ALL YEAR...... and Mayfield got pissed and left.

He was told several times the rules... he was granted a release to any school not on the schedule.... Which was orginally not in the state of Texas, but TTU let that go to "be nice".

Then he wanted to transfer to OU to be with his Girlfriend (he told current OU teammates)....... He and his daddy fully intended to file for an appeal knowing it has always been his decsion process that has lead him to sit out.

The "Big12 Commish" and the NCAA are not getting involved and have declined the waiver simply becuase TEXAS TECH DID NOTHING WRONG.

Rules are rules. Baker does not think Rules apply to him so now the screams to "change the rules!" is everywhere.... What the ****?

Don't like the rules? Change the rules? is that the new slogan?

You guys can hate on Texas Tech all you want, but Baker Mayfield is a spoiled little bitch and this pity party makes those who support him look the same.

on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

vCash

All Texas Tech are f***in' dicks
    They get their kicks from being pr*cks
    It's a quirk, we just can't fix
    'Cause all Texas Tech are f***in' dicks

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Nothing happening here that a good clown stomping come Nov 15th won't cure. It's just a shame our guys may have to soil their uniforms trampling these aggie lite types.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sooner View Post
    here are a few posts I've seen from TTU fan...

**** all that.

Rules are ****ing rules...... its so damn annoying. Baker WAS GOING ON SCHOLARSHIP here are TTU. He got pissed because he was named named the starter of the Holiday Bowl after sucking *** in the Texas game and got pissed off....

he decided to follow his GIRLFRIEND to OU and then get his Daddy to fight for him and change the rules....

His daddy is the biggest pusher in this..... its really embarrassing. The second OU relized they were ****ed at QB and needed TTUs' left overs, this went into high gear.

The rules are set, voted on, and agreed upon by ALL teams...... but since it doens't fit OU, its a '****** move"???? **** THAT.

****** move by all on this board for buying into this pitty party bull****.

The rules are very clear. The kid was not "the water boy".... he CHOSE to walk-on... he CHOSE to leave with a scholarship on the table. And YES there was one coming... its no longer a "he said/she said".... it was released in writing that Baker was going to have on starting in August 2014 or when one opened up if someone left in for Summer.

OU gave it to someone else? Well then everyone bitch and mone and call them ****** bags!!! "its too late"? No, you gave it away. No TTU's fault.

Imaging the kaos if this was not held up..... Kids could walk on to any school, Get the play book, signs, dirt, recruit, etc and then leave for another school and play against them in conference?!?!??!

Tell Me SEC schools would not be using that all day.

Bottom line, the little ****er threw a fit, left, followed the GF, and then cried when the RULES said NO.

Anyone who things TTU is wrong in this is retarded and lying to themselves.

YOU ARE NOT PERMIITED TO TRANSFER INCONFERENCE..

What the **** is so hard about this?

He has free travel, food, training, full access to all sports activities of all players. Free trainers, access to play calls, signals, habits, injury information, personal information on players coaches, etc...

Most all programs block all players from this.

Why the hell is he special?!?!?!?!

"Because it's Oklahoma????"

The same team that is trying to get a druggy that pushed a woman down the stairs and kicked off another team??? The team that wins at all cost???

If you blame texas tech, you are ****ing stupid.

A) his grounds for transfer are a lie. He was going on schalorship
    B) big12 rules say he played, therefor even if he was a walk-on he is subject to AALL rules.
    C) he only played because the other 2 were hurt/sick.
    D) Brewer transferred to Va Yech with no problems.
    E) he was told before he left, NO conference teams. He chose to follow his GF.

It's not Tech's. Fault.

This topic really does **** me the hell off...

All season this little bastard cried on the sideline. Michael Brewer, Davis Webb, and Clayton Nichols.... all very good recruits were on Scholarhip.

No one knew who Bake Mayfield was.

Brewer hurts his back in the summer....... Webb gets sick (reports mono?) and lost 40 lbs in fall camp, dehydrated and was held out. Baker beats out RS/FR Nicholas and is given the starting job for SMU. He does very well the campus is alive, but he can not be put on scholarship.... ther is not one available and since the season started, you can't pull one from a kid.

So Baker is told mid-way through the season that he is getting a scholarship, and in October Clayton Nicholas declares he will step down and transfer in Jan. Which we expected opened up a scholarship, but it did not due Baker NOT being "recruited" by Texas Tech or some crazy NCAA stat. Mayfield was told he would have the csholarship coming this SUMMER.... and by all acounts was happy. Remember he CHOSE to walk-on.

Fast Forward to the Texas Game..... Webb is hurt, Brewer is hurt, Mayfield goes out, Texas Tech gets smashed and plays horrible. Webb comes in hurt and plays well toward th end.

Going into December practice The QB spot was up for grabs LIKE IT HAD BEEN ALL YEAR...... and Mayfield got pissed and left.

He was told several times the rules... he was granted a release to any school not on the schedule.... Which was orginally not in the state of Texas, but TTU let that go to "be nice".

Then he wanted to transfer to OU to be with his Girlfriend (he told current OU teammates)....... He and his daddy fully intended to file for an appeal knowing it has always been his decsion process that has lead him to sit out.

The "Big12 Commish" and the NCAA are not getting involved and have declined the waiver simply becuase TEXAS TECH DID NOTHING WRONG.

Rules are rules. Baker does not think Rules apply to him so now the screams to "change the rules!" is everywhere.... What the ****?

Don't like the rules? Change the rules? is that the new slogan?

You guys can hate on Texas Tech all you want, but Baker Mayfield is a spoiled little bitch and this pity party makes those who support him look the same.

Thanks for the post. Wow what a barrage of stupidity. I would like to say it gave me a good laugh... But realistically it frustrates me to no end that some people are this stupid. At least on this forum we are biased in favor of our team and support them endlessly, but we aren't idiotic and utterly stupid enough to support our school when they are dicking around some kid who deserves to be eligible and other things as such.

Anyway they said Mayfield was going to receive a scholarship at tech this year and it was in writing that he was. If this is true would it really even have any effect on this situation?