Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Tech Toys with Mayfield

According to Jason Kersey's twitter, Tech released block on Mayfield getting a scholarship--only doesn't matter because it's too late for OU to give him one even if they want to. But they stay firm on him sitting out a year. Stupid sand aggies.

https://twitter.com/jasonkersey

vCash

Re: Tech Toys with Mayfield

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Hector...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

tech sucks
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

77-3 would not be a big enough mudhole.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

We need more of this:

Also, there would of course be some coach/player changes and point changes, due to scoring inflation since 2008:

Last edited by badger; 8/22/2014 at 08:43 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

what a classles bunch of ******s,from the
    TT president to theAD toKingsbury.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Wasn't he going to have to sit out a year regardless of what Tech did? I thought it was just a question of whether he'd have to sit out 2 years instead of 1.

By the way, when can we expect the NCAA to rule on Mayfield and DGB?

vCash

When? It is the NCAA, my friend. Sometime between now and the death of our system's star.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    When? It is the NCAA, my friend. Sometime between now and the death of our system's star.
    You're being optimistic. The death of the sun could happen before they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Wasn't he going to have to sit out a year regardless of what Tech did? I thought it was just a question of whether he'd have to sit out 2 years instead of 1.

By the way, when can we expect the NCAA to rule on Mayfield and DGB?
    To my knowledges he shouldn't have to sit out a year due to being a walk on and paying his own way. Tech is full of complete dicks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post

By the way, when can we expect the NCAA to deny Mayfield after denying DGB?
    FIFY

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    To my knowledges he shouldn't have to sit out a year due to being a walk on and paying his own way. Tech is full of complete dicks.
    While a I do agree that Tceh is full of complete D(*ks, I can somewhat see their point, although his no-scholly/walk-on status while playing out in the wasteland negates any argument they have, imo.
    I don't know if there's ever been a case like this before sent to the NCAA where a starting walk-on, non-scholarship QB who was injured, then was ""slow-played by the coaching staff/administration and wasn't immediately offered the 1st available scholarship.
    The ncaa's findings and resulting ruling in this case will be interesting, especially since he's "lawyered-up" with Johnny-Clipboard's attorney.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Tech beat Mike Leach, so I wouldn't be too confident that Baker will beat Tech, even with Johnny's lawyer.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this situation hasn't been resolved to everyone's liking yet. Tech knows who our starter is and it's not Baker. We aren't scholarshiping him either, but this is where he wants to be, even if he never sees the field beyond mopup duty.

What is the holdup? Texas Tech's leadership are a bunch of dicks. Actually, come to think of it, only about 1 percent of Texas Tech is not-dick. They have dickish athletes, fans, etc. As we speak they're probably urinating on their stadium walls, unscrewing their bleachers and preparing to add obscenities to their school fight song.

vCash

There is only one way to express our feelings toward Tech and that is for OU to score an epic victory. I'm thinking the De needs to pitch a shut out and the O needs to score on quick strikes. something around 100-0 would be a nice announcement. And then let Mayfield do the post game press conference in case the local media are too febrile to have gotten the point.

vCash

I think a fair outcome would be that he has to sit out this year but he can use his RS on this season. I'd love him available as a backup but I didn't see how he would be immediately available as he played last season for a conference team.

vCash

Okay, I'm ignorant about the rules on this, but how did he start as many games as he did at Tech and not somehow count against their scholarship limit? I thought once you started, you were counted, no? And, if counted, how did not get a schollie from them?

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Kanto...He was a non-scholly walk-on at TacoTech. He played, but had no student-athlete restrictions. He wasn't given a scholly when asked (or was not told there was one for him) so he left and transferred academically to OU. He walked on at OU. TacoTech is trying to enforce an NCAA rule for scholarship athletes upon a guy who had no ties and had signed no paperwork (as far as I can tell). Booger Klinger is as Badger described - a dick - for not offering a scholly to him. Had they done that, he would still be at TacoTech.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    As we speak they're probably urinating on their stadium walls, unscrewing their bleachers and preparing to add obscenities to their school fight song.
    I thought they had already done all of these things.

vCash

That's sort of what I'm puzzling through. Either the transfer rules apply to anyone who had any sort of contact with the program as a player. (perhaps with some redshirt sort of gray area, I'm not a black/white zealot), or they only apply to 'scholarship' athletes....or 'starters'...or some other subset of players. I would think his situation is very clear one way or the other and that a relatively low level clerical person at the NCAA could settle the issue in an afternoon.

But I am of the persuasion that a smoking hell mouth should open beneath the NCAA HQ building and swallow up those who work for that hideous organization. I feel about them as I feel about concentration camp guards.