Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Football Related Viewing

vtsooner- I suppose it's what you and your son are in the mood for...if you want the chicken fried steak, Del Rancho. But if you want Very Good bbq, there is a place with the curious name of Fish's Barbecue. It's a little ways north of Del Rancho on the east side of the road, go up a hill, and Fish's will be to your left (north). These directions stink because the location is lousy, but word of mouth keeps the place open and busy. Enjoy your trip to the hills of NE Oklahoma!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    ouwasp,
    Would you recommend heading there for a "memorable" feast? My son & I are headed out thataway to the "old farm" Sunday, after the Tennessee game, and would like some ideas on where to "pig out"..Thanks in advance.
    Boomer
    I grew up close to a Del Rancho, so when I took my oldest son to his first game, we went down to Norman on Friday and had lunch at Del Rancho (in the car, of course). It's become a tradition now.

My youngest really likes Sooner Legends (I do too), but I've never tried to go on gameday.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

My youngest really likes Sooner Legends (I do too), but I've never tried to go on gameday.
    Try Ray's BBQ...on Lindsey right by Shuttle
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

vCash

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. I booked a room at Sooner Legends on Thursday when we arrive (only night still available when I booked) and then up the road a bit in Moore for Friday & Saturday. Can't wait to get back to Norman. And looking forward to bringing my son to the Switzer Center on Friday & seeing a bit of OKC as well before Saturday. I've seen the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and am looking forward to returning with my son. Will undoubtedly place something representative of Vermont on the fence there.. The game on Saturday & then heading to Webbers Falls area Sunday to see the old homestead. Like I've said before: Priceless!
    Boomer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

So, Vet, if a person was going to do the Talimena drive this fall, what eateries nearby should they not miss? I rely upon your SE Okie Knowledge-hood.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    So, Vet, if a person was going to do the Talimena drive this fall, what eateries nearby should they not miss? I rely upon your SE Okie Knowledge-hood.
    My Shack fer a Cook out and dranks, Queen Wilhelmina If a wait till next year Its beautiful and Great dining Its under renovation now and wont reopen until Next spring http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/

Warehouse Willy's in Poteau , I dont go out to eat much, Im a better cook than Most LOL or at least I know how I like it to tatse. LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Oh and if Any Yall do the Talimena Drive ya best let me know. you will be with in 4 miles of my Shack when ya start out.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Sounds like a plan.

Just to be clear though, what color flag should I wave before heading up your drive? Wouldn't want to be shot or anything.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Sounds like a plan.

Just to be clear though, what color flag should I wave before heading up your drive? Wouldn't want to be shot or anything.
    Just Call, so I know to have britches on LOL

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Think you should wear trousers for Kanto, vet, he seems fancy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Think you should wear trousers for Kanto, vet, he seems fancy.
    Heh. He best feel lucky Im puttin on anything LOL

vCash

I'll have a rejoinder for BD just as soon as I finish starching my spats.

vCash

OK; Now I've lost my appetite! lol
    Boomer

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I'd settle for finding a local place that serves a GOOD chicken fried steak.
    Apple Barrel Cafe, Broken Arrow, or Bixby. The Chicken Fried Chicken takes its own plate. Some evenings you can get two with two sides each for $12.99.
    Link to Hot Bodies

Your Grammer would be proud of you for your improved grammar. (A few of us are slipping. Remember to be safe, NEVER use the word SEEN, never. If you must use SEEN, do so only by putting HAVE in front of it. By doing this you will sound like you stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night. If you do not do this you will sound like you are from Texas or Nebraska)

vCash

Murphy's in B-ville is good for Chicken Fried Steak and their Hot Hamburger is pretty famous.

BBQ-Bad Brads in Pawhuska is hard to beat.
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Oh and if Any Yall do the Talimena Drive ya best let me know. you will be with in 4 miles of my Shack when ya start out.

I remember a drive-in at Talihina that had a pin ball machine with wooden pinballs. Cost a nickel.

Yeah, it was awhile back.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by B1rd View Post
    Apple Barrel Cafe, Broken Arrow, or Bixby. The Chicken Fried Chicken takes its own plate. Some evenings you can get two with two sides each for $12.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by 70sooner View Post
    Murphy's in B-ville is good for Chicken Fried Steak and their Hot Hamburger is pretty famous.

BBQ-Bad Brads in Pawhuska is hard to beat.
    What part of "LOCAL" did yall misunderstand ????

vCash

dunno, local as to Norman, local as to Poteau or local as local????

kind of a broad spectrum, ya know???
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 70sooner View Post
    dunno, local as to Norman, local as to Poteau or local as local????

kind of a broad spectrum, ya know???
    Local to me say with in 40 miles er so of Wister America LOL