Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Football Related Viewing

Back in the day, I used to enjoy watching Barry's coaches post game show almost as much as the game itself. Generally speaking it was a calming way to end a long day of football and equally generally it was pleasant to sit and have The King explain to you precisely how the Sooners had stomped a mudhole in yet another group of hapless idiots over a toddy before bed.
    But, marriage, work, multiple relocations, daughter, divorce etc intervened over the years and I lost the laser-like focus on all things football teevee that had once been my veritable forte. I lead a smaller life now, but one not without ambition.
    I pray that the board has mercy....

Please list your choices for 'Must See' football related programming along with your media market and the channel on which it appears. This will greatly help me improve the quality of my life (which is, after all, my motivation). It will also provide succor to many other people (and, if others can benefit from my good fortune, well, I'm too lazy to try and drink the entire milkshake).

Thanks in advance.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Re: Football Related Viewing

I get the Tulsa Locals . Never been able to find th Post game show or much of anything else really.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

As an aside, it's odd to me how 'Green Country' has metastasized from being strictly NE OK in my youth to being the entire eastern half of the state now. It's unsettling; much akin to the way Tulsa has thrown its arms around Bartlesville, Claremore and Muskogee as 'suburbs'. BiGod, if I'm gonna live in a suburbs, I want my chain restaurants and big box stores!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    As an aside, it's odd to me how 'Green Country' has metastasized from being strictly NE OK in my youth to being the entire eastern half of the state now. It's unsettling; much akin to the way Tulsa has thrown its arms around Bartlesville, Claremore and Muskogee as 'suburbs'. BiGod, if I'm gonna live in a suburbs,
    I want my chain restaurants
    and big box stores!
    I'd settle for finding a local place that serves a GOOD chicken fried steak.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Lots of local sports talk about the 49ers around here, but I'm not interested enough to watch. Stanford used to be the big attraction until Harbough revived the niners, but this is definitely more of a pro area. The new stadium and all of it's logistics problems have dominated the news since preseason got underway.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I'm a fan of that sitcom "The Big Bang Theory". The Sheldon character is from east Texas and he said one of the regions claim to fame is chicken frying meats that aren't chicken.

vCash

Bazzzooonga!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    Bazzzooonga!
    Past tense of Bazzzinga?

vCash

We got a chicken fried rib eye up here that's nothing short of awe inspiring. yes, I know, what a waste of a rib eye, but, take it for what it is. It's tasty.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Back in the day, I used to enjoy watching Barry's coaches post game show almost as much as the game itself. Generally speaking it was a calming way to end a long day of football and equally generally it was pleasant to sit and have The King explain to you precisely how the Sooners had stomped a mudhole in yet another group of hapless idiots over a toddy before bed.
    But, marriage, work, multiple relocations, daughter, divorce etc intervened over the years and I lost the laser-like focus on all things football teevee that had once been my veritable forte. I lead a smaller life now, but one not without ambition.
    I pray that the board has mercy....

Please list your choices for 'Must See' football related programming along with your media market and the channel on which it appears. This will greatly help me improve the quality of my life (which is, after all, my motivation). It will also provide succor to many other people (and, if others can benefit from my good fortune, well, I'm too lazy to try and drink the entire milkshake).

Thanks in advance.
    Just an FYI, if you feel like reminiscing a bit, I saw an ad the other day on the weekly practice report show that said that an upcoming throwback episode this week will be one of Switzer's shows (it was a bowl preparation show down in Miami; Switzer was in sunglasses on the beach). IIRC they said it'd be on Fri. @ 11PM, but you'd probably better check your viewing guide on that one to be sure. It'll be on Fox Sports Oklahoma (Fox College up here). The last 2 weeks they've shown one of Wilkinson's shows, & last week was the prep show for the Bluebonnet Bowl vs. Bama w/ Fairbanks.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Probably a little far from you but Dan's BBQ Pit in Davenport, OK is your spot!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Probably a little far from you but Dan's BBQ Pit in Davenport, OK is your spot!
    Heh, sounds good but that would be a 4 hour round trip. Doubt Ill ever get there.

vCash

Got me on that one, BoulderSooner79.

Boomer

Administrator
    vCash

Things are so different these days, with almost every game televised and the plethora of ESPN shows throughout the day. CFB is my favorite sport, the Sooners are my favorite team, but I can get information overload. I try to catch some of ESPN's college gameday in the morning, but I don't typically sit down and watch it to completion.

What I have started doing recently is streaming OKC sports radio right after the game (the locker room interviews, etc). Then, about an hour or so after the game SoonerSportsTV will post the post-game press conference with Stoops/other coaches/players. That's about all I make a point of watching/listening.

vCash

Heh, sounds good but that would be a 4 hour round trip. Doubt Ill ever get there.
    Welp, Vet, if you ever get a truly wanderlust feeling and travel to
    Iowa, The Machine Shed Restaurant in Des Moines has a chicken
    fried steak that is outta sight, served family style....good eats!

vCash

I grew up in the eastern half of the state of Oklahoma and enjoyed Switzer's show quite a bit. The Frank Broyles show from Arkansas was also available from...I think it was Ft. Smith? Anyway, that was also good football education. Broyles was not exactly brutal but he was honest in his assessment of how his team played and how the opponent played. Quite the master class.

vCash

I think the OU Playback show is on Monday nights on Fox SW, maybe 7 or 8? Maybe a couple yrs ago it was on CW19 (Tulsa station) @ 11 pm Sun night. I prefer the Sun night slot myself.

Don't know of other OU shows. I remember way back in the day Switzer had a TH night preview, Sunday pm playback, and long ago Larry Lacewell had an OU defense show that aired Sat mornings.

Vet, Tahlequah is probably too far, but the Del Rancho on the south side of town has legendary Chicken Fried Steaks. The sort that Michelle would love to slap a Surgeon General warning on!

vCash

ouwasp,
    Would you recommend heading there for a "memorable" feast? My son & I are headed out thataway to the "old farm" Sunday, after the Tennessee game, and would like some ideas on where to "pig out"..Thanks in advance.
    Boomer

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    I think the OU Playback show is on Monday nights on Fox SW, maybe 7 or 8? Maybe a couple yrs ago it was on CW19 (Tulsa station) @ 11 pm Sun night. I prefer the Sun night slot myself.

Don't know of other OU shows. I remember way back in the day Switzer had a TH night preview, Sunday pm playback, and long ago Larry Lacewell had an OU defense show that aired Sat mornings.

Vet, Tahlequah is probably too far, but the Del Rancho on the south side of town has legendary Chicken Fried Steaks. The sort that Michelle would love to slap a Surgeon General warning on!
    Heh. Think thats prolly the closest Del Rancho to me. If I ever get up that way again Ill drop in

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    ouwasp,
    Would you recommend heading there for a "memorable" feast? My son & I are headed out thataway to the "old farm" Sunday, after the Tennessee game, and would like some ideas on where to "pig out"..Thanks in advance.
    Boomer
    Del Rancho cant be beat for their Steak sammichs so I imagine a Chicken fry is every bit as good. Dont know the area to offer any eatin advice other than that
    Oh and
    SOOONER