SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Two Announcers to quit using "Redskins" name

Two influential TV announcers say they won't use 'Redskins' name on NFL telecasts
    By The Associated Press August 18, 2014 - 07:52 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) - Two influential NFL voices - including CBS lead analyst Phil Simms, who will handle Washington's Week 4 game - said Monday they likely won't use the term "Redskins" when discussing the franchise.

"My very first thought is it will be Washington the whole game," Simms told The Associated Press on Monday.

Simms will work the Thursday night package the network acquired this season and will have Giants-Redskins on Sept. 25. He isn't taking sides in the debate over whether Washington's nickname is offensive or racist. But he says he is sensitive to the complaints about the name, and his instincts now are to not use Redskins in his announcing.

"I never really thought about it, and then it came up and it made me think about it," Simms added. "There are a lot of things that can come up in a broadcast, and I am sensitive to this."

His broadcast partner, Jim Nantz, says it is "not my job to take a stance."

NBC's Tony Dungy, one of the most prominent voices in the league as a Super Bowl-winning coach and now as a studio commentator, plans to take the same route as Simms.

"I will personally try not to use Redskins and refer to them as Washington," Dungy said in an email. "Personal opinion for me, not the network."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/08...#ixzz3AwXDsBGI

vCash

Re: Two Announcers to quit using "Redskins" name

Dont much care about either one of em so Let em STFU .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

You left out the part where Troy Aikman said as long as it's the official mascot name he will continue to use it.

vCash

From a boy raised in the Indian Nation.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

I'm wit Ditka...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    You left out the part where Troy Aikman said as long as it's the official mascot name he will continue to use it.
    Excuse me if Im wrong , But he stated in his OP that this was about TWO wouldnt use the Name. Not those who would,
    Jes sayin
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I'm wit Ditka...

Me too...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Excuse me if Im wrong , But he stated in his OP that this was about TWO wouldnt use the Name. Not those who would,
    Jes sayin
    He copied a link to a story, I clicked on it and read all of it, not just the parts the OP cherry picked . . .

"As long as their nickname is the Redskins, I'll continue to call them the Redskins," said Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, the lead analyst for Fox.

vCash

Maybe thats the only part he wanted to discuss. You on the other hand can talk about anything yer lil Pea pickin heart wants to talk about.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    Lets see... Limo's dad and Dungy said they wouldn't call them Redskins...i don't care about the NFL, but I would bet there is contract language about not calling a team by their name.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    He copied a link to a story, I clicked on it and read all of it, not just the parts the OP cherry picked . . .

"As long as their nickname is the Redskins, I'll continue to call them the Redskins," said Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, the lead analyst for Fox.
    And that somehow refuted the headlines of the article? I posted the link so there wasn't any attempt to hide any part of the article for those that wanted to read the full article.

I'm glad to see other announcers continue to say Redskins...wish they all would and ignore all of the PC BS.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

that's how dumb simms is...
    " I won't take a side....but I'm sensitive to the complaints so I won't use the name..." that IS taking a side ya idiot
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    that's how dumb simms is...
    " I won't take a side....but I'm sensitive to the complaints so I won't use the name..." that IS taking a side ya idiot
    He's probably kinned to 8th's ignernt ***.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Simms is a ******. F him and his son
    Posted from iOS app