Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Why Mixon Doesn't Matter, Parts I and II

Part I
    A football team is made up of players, not player.

Part II
    We won a national title with Quentin Griffin, not highly recruited. With all of the other highly recruited running backs we've had since 2000...zero national titles.

We've had walk-ons at running back surpass 4- and 5-star recruits over the many seasons Stoops has been here; so, there's no worry. We have a bunch of talented running backs. We're not Stanford or Michigan State, handing the ball to any of them 25-30 times a game anyway. Therefore...

...have fun sitting it out in 2014, Joe. Keep your grades up and whatnot, and see you next year. Enjoy the ride.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Re: Why Mixon Doesn't Matter, Parts I and II

Stoops on Ahmed Kabba: "I think we can find someone to catch 11 balls a year"

I am pretty sure we'll find guys to run the ball.

All this gnashing of teeth over a kid who has never carried the ball once is rather a bit much.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hey, he was/is a member of our team. That means he's owed loyalty. No gnashing of teeth; but you don't walk away from a guy on your team just because it's convenient.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

While I don't disagree with what you say OP, is it your intention to make us any feel better?

I know that we will probably be fine without him, but my frustration lies more with the realization that Joe Mixon might have possibly been severely wronged, than the possibility that we may not win as many games without him.
    Last edited by manateepower; 8/19/2014 at 05:45 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    While I don't disagree with what you say OP, is it your intention to make us any feel better?

I know that we will probably be fine without him, but my frustration lies more with the realization that Joe Mixon might have possibly been severely wronged, than that we may not win as many games without him.
    The wins and losses are mainly due to offensive and defensive line play. We've had a kid walk-on from Langston and run well for us...when the OL is really good. We had a former junior college safety run for 1,000 yards after being put on the offense side of the ball.

Mixon or no Mixon, if the line holds up its end of the deal, it just doesn't matter who they give it to.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    The wins and losses are mainly due to offensive and defensive line play. We've had a kid walk-on from Langston and run well for us...when the OL is really good. We had a former junior college safety run for 1,000 yards after being put on the offense side of the ball.

Mixon or no Mixon, if the line holds up its end of the deal, it just doesn't matter who they give it to.

Read my post again when you get the chance. I think you might have misread what I was trying to say.

Edit: I can see how it might have been misinterpreted. Edited the previous post for clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post

Agree. I remember how well Peterson ran against TCU in the 2005 opener.