Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Sooner Nation natives are restless tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    um, he did break her face. "love tap?" um, wow.

He wasn't threatened by her. He could stop her "attack" without hitting her. easily.

and finally, no, he is not a man. he is a boy.

he is but a child.

however, if he doesn't learn from this then yes, he will be scum.
    Yet she gave a perfectly fine interview the next day. Where are your sources that he "broke her face"?

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

hmm. nowhere in your definition were the words "scare women."

and your sad attempt at ad hominem attacks clearly shows your reasoning fails you. have a nice day.
    Being physically domineering would in most cases make women think twice about fighting you, yes.

Try again, girly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Yet she gave a perfectly fine interview the next day. Where are your sources that he "broke her face"?
    Try Google. It works.

But here ya go....

According to the probable cause affidavit Molitor was knocked unconscious. Molitor was transferred to Norman Regional following the alleged assault.

She suffered "a fractured jaw, fractured cheek bone, fracture sinus and fractured orbit which caused a hematoma on the left eye."
    "You can't look past the injuries to Ms. Molitor," Mashburn said. "You can't look past that it is a guy and a girl.
    - See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.....KYKFluSw.dpuf

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

This guy is a true man right here. Luckily woman can't do damage.

Maybe he should of tried restraining her like you said.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    I am guessing you have never been in a fight in your life. I have seen huge men get attacked by women and they may be able to restrain them but they took damage while doing it. I am not gonna be injured. I have my doubts about you being able to restrain a woman in the first place.
    I see you just aren't getting with the program here. If a woman is slapping or hitting you and you aren't manly enough to laugh off a facial cut or a scratched cornea, well that's on you. You should have had the foresight to wear safety goggles and protective headgear.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

This thread has degenerated...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I see you just aren't getting with the program here. If a woman is slapping or hitting you and you aren't manly enough to laugh off a facial cut or a scratched cornea, well that's on you. You should have had the foresight to wear safety goggles and protective headgear.
    Legally, you can hit back, but you are responsible for the damages. Molitor would have been charged had she injured Mixon. And Mixon is just charged, he may well be acquitted.

As an OU football player, there more rules than just the law. You don't get in confrontations in the wee hours of the morning and break bones in someones face. Life's not fair - deal with it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Life's not fair
    Which is exactly why we need to work so hard to make it that way.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

See, the degeneration of this thread illustrates what I fear might happen to the team. But hopefully they're too busy and/or tired to continue to hash out a settled issue.

vCash

Which is exactly why we need to work so hard to make it that way.
    A player accepts a scholly from a elite D1 football program implies he accepts the extra rules from the school. And they were not applied blindly as the people in charge decided after careful consideration. And Mixon is free to leave. So you may not like it, but in this case it is perfectly fair.

And if you saw that clause about Mixon ordered by the court not to interact with any state's witnesses, all this whining could be moot. I don't know who was at Mixon's Bday party, but who else outside the team would he know in Norman? Would be very interesting to see that list of state's witnesses.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    See, the degeneration of this thread illustrates what I fear might happen to the team. But hopefully they're too busy and/or tired to continue to hash out a settled issue.
    And it degenerated from a very low platform

vCash

A player accepts a scholly from a elite D1 football program implies he accepts the extra rules from the school. And they were not applied blindly as the people in charge decided after careful consideration. And Mixon is free to leave. So you may not like it, but in this case it is perfectly fair.

And if you saw that clause about Mixon ordered by the court not to interact with any state's witnesses, all this whining could be moot. I don't know who was at Mixon's Bday party, but who else outside the team would he know in Norman? Would be very interesting to see that list of state's witnesses.
    Yes he did accept the scholarship but the other side of the equation is that OU aggressively recruited Mixon. If Joe Mixon broke any team rules then this certainly has never been stated by any member of the administration. I just find it incredible that anybody would hold it against Mixon for decking an assailant. Female or not. He was pushed he was slapped. Nowhere do I read or is it a given that she was ready to stop the assault at one slap before he struck her to put an end to it. I find the administrations reaction way out of proportion to his perceived transgression.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

And it degenerated from a very low platform
    This is true. Neither side is gonna back down or agree. Like I said earlier, maybe the season will make it settle down.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. Even then.

Men do not hit women.
    No reason to hit 'em. I have freakishly long arms (like a damn monkey if I was honest). I just grab people who threaten me by the throat and then let 'em flail away, safely 5-6" beyond my nose. Hell on my upper arms, but it works.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Hey, the real season, and winning will heal most wounds. I've already cooled down a lot. I just get riled up again when the anti-Mixon bunch can't just enjoy their triumph without trying to get us to agree to a position that we simply do not embrace. Joe lost, we lost, you won, Boren won, we get it. Now quit crowing about it.

I just really and truly hope the team doesn't have this sort of animosity in the locker room. I'm guessing they don't or it would have seeped out by now.
    Well said. Agree with what you said. I think the team and coaches will get past it pretty quickly. I hope Joe can and will hang tough, and as an OU student. There WILL be another Media sh*t storm when the video gets out. Hope everyone gets over it quickly when it happens.

I do think DGB and Mayfield won't play this year, and likely DGB won't play college ball after this year. Goes stright to the pros.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Yes he did accept the scholarship but the other side of the equation is that OU aggressively recruited Mixon. If Joe Mixon broke any team rules then this certainly has never been stated by any member of the administration. I just find it incredible that anybody would hold it against Mixon for decking an assailant. Female or not. He was pushed he was slapped. Nowhere do I read or is it a given that she was ready to stop the assault at one slap before he struck her to put an end to it. I find the administrations reaction way out of proportion to his perceived transgression.
    So he was heavily recruiting? So was every guy on the team and he would have to accept the authority of whichever school he went to. I've already said I thought the penalty was harsher than I expected, but I also accept the school is completely within their rights to take this action. Another thing that is FACT is that Stoops/JoeC/Boren know more details than anyone on this board. They have met face to face with the DA and guy(s) on the team. And as you've seen on this board, not even everyone here (all OU fans) agrees with you.

I was in OK a couple of weeks ago to visit my father and we talked about this as it was fresh news. He is (very) old school and very anti-PC, but was brought up not to hit women. He's not wrong to think that way, it's just his moral code. He would be dismissed from jury out of hand, but I'm not talking law here. But he's not inflexible, I asked him what if Mixon had just slapped her back and he admitted he would have laughed at that. So for many people it's responding with a Howitzer when confronted with a pea shooter that's the issue. And I mean a straw and a pea, not a small caliber gun.

Try Google. It works.

But here ya go....

- See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.....KYKFluSw.dpuf
    Fractures are not the same as a "broken face" in my opinion. Being able to talk fine the next day is not a broken face in my opinion. He could have caused her brain damage and completely seperated the bones in her face if he actually hit her as hard as you are making it out to be. I thought you might actually point me to a source that has more of a medical report than the statements of the DA. Either way the fact that you are calling anyone scum for defending themselves is complete ignorance on your part.

You have your opinions, we have ours, but when you act all high and mighty like you are so much better than people with differing opinions then that is you being ridiculous.

So if Ronda Rousey was to come attack me full force, I should just try to take it and let her tire herself out? Because a man should never ever defend himself against a woman.

vCash

So he was heavily recruiting? So was every guy on the team and he would have to accept the authority of whichever school he went to. I've already said I thought the penalty was harsher than I expected, but I also accept the school is completely within their rights to take this action. Another thing that is FACT is that Stoops/JoeC/Boren know more details than anyone on this board. They have met face to face with the DA and guy(s) on the team. And as you've seen on this board, not even everyone here (all OU fans) agrees with you.

I was in OK a couple of weeks ago to visit my father and we talked about this as it was fresh news. He is (very) old school and very anti-PC, but was brought up not to hit women. He's not wrong to think that way, it's just his moral code. He would be dismissed from jury out of hand, but I'm not talking law here. But he's not inflexible, I asked him what if Mixon had just slapped her back and he admitted he would have laughed at that. So for many people it's responding with a Howitzer when confronted with a pea shooter that's the issue. And I mean a straw and a pea, not a small caliber gun.
    For those people that think that way I would say the Howitzer / pea shooter thing is a specious analogy. She apparently shoved him, slapped him and he responded with a (one) blow that incapacitated his attacker. Some people here will view his behavior as atrocious, others will say job well done. There will never be an agreement of what is reasonable because these two very different viewpoints have a completely different nexus. If you are of one viewpoint you see this as Mixon hitting a woman. If you are of the other viewpoint you see it as Mixon taking out an assailant. That's why this is such a polarizing event.

vCash

For those people that think that way I would say the Howitzer / pea shooter thing is a specious analogy. She apparently shoved him, slapped him and he responded with a (one) blow that incapacitated his attacker. Some people here will view his behavior as atrocious, others will say job well done. There will never be an agreement of what is reasonable because these two very different viewpoints have a completely different nexus. If you are of one viewpoint you see this as Mixon hitting a woman. If you are of the other viewpoint you see it as Mixon taking out an assailant. That's why this is such a polarizing event.
    He is an elite athlete full of fast twitch muscle - most regular guys his size couldn't fracture bones if they tried. She was an obviously intoxicated person 2/3 his size. The "woman" part is just more input that she was likely smaller and weaker. And he had plenty of time to size her up because there was a verbal exchange going on. A slap is insulting and infuriating. That's why it was often used to challenge someone to a duel - cause someone to accept a duel on angry impulse. But a slap is highly unlikely to harm and it didn't in this case. "One blow to incapacitate his attacker" sounds like a cop or a lawyer justifying excessive force. Bob Stoop isn't a judge probing the corners of a law book - he is showing the player and his team what he expects. He has close to 100 guys under his watch at all times that are elite athletes more capable of harming others than the average person. And these guys lives revolve around a violent, aggressive game. Bob has to keep the aggression on the field.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

He is an elite athlete full of fast twitch muscle - most regular guys his size couldn't fracture bones if they tried. She was an obviously intoxicated person 2/3 his size. The "woman" part is just more input that she was likely smaller and weaker. And he had plenty of time to size her up because there was a verbal exchange going on. A slap is insulting and infuriating. That's why it was often used to challenge someone to a duel - cause someone to accept a duel on angry impulse. But a slap is highly unlikely to harm and it didn't in this case. "One blow to incapacitate his attacker" sounds like a cop or a lawyer justifying excessive force. Bob Stoop isn't a judge probing the corners of a law book - he is showing the player and his team what he expects. He has close to 100 guys under his watch at all times that are elite athletes more capable of harming others than the average person. And these guys lives revolve around a violent, aggressive game. Bob has to keep the aggression on the field.
    I agree with the bold part. The rest, I have to call nonsense. There are guys that weigh 140#'s soaking wet and will break your jaw with one punch. Some peeps are just heavy handed. You also have guys that their face is one big button. You hit that button and the fist automatically fly's. She succeeded in getting his ire up then slapped him. He may have thought it was going to be nothing but an argument with a drunk girl and it took an unexpected left hand turn that caused him to automatically react. I don't know, you don't know.

OleVet Posse Instigator