Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sooner Nation natives are restless tonight...

So how is the team affected by the Mixon firestorm that has divided the fanbase so much? On some other boards, Boren is being called everything but a white man, posters are lighting into each other like rabid dogs, people on both sides are damn mad and self-righteous...and the season is still a long two weeks off.

How can the team be insulated from this? Does the promising season in front of us already have a haunted flavor to it? The Sooners better not lay another egg like the '13 Texsa game or the natives may go from being restless to being on the warpath!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Sooner Nation natives are restless tonight...

I don't know, but I just watched Stoops with the media after practice, and he looked off. I couldn't tell if he was sick, or had been run through the ringer with this Mixon thing, or just really PO'd, but he didn't look right. I know I wouldn't want to ask him the wrong question!

Overall, whatever the effects, they can't be good. The situation sucks, terribly. Nothing good happens after midnight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So Stoops didn't say anything happened "in a great way" after practice?

DOOMED!

This will be a speck in the rear-view in a week. After OU rolls La Tech, it will be gone.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    This will be a speck in the rear-view in a week. After OU rolls La Tech, it will be gone.
    I think that is bankable.

vCash

I don't know what kind of relationship Mixon had with the rest of the players, but I'm not so positive this just goes away like nothing happened.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I don't know what kind of relationship Mixon had with the rest of the players, but I'm not so positive this just goes away like nothing happened.
    Could be. It could also be a chance for Mixon to step up and be a man and tell the team to go have a great season and he'll work hard and join them next season.

I'd certainly be interested in knowing if the players think Mixon got screwed. If I were them my thoughts would be "Joe, WTF do you think happens when you knock a girl cold and she gets flown out of state to have reconstructive facial surgery?"

Sadly, had he pushed her back, pinned her to the floor, bear-hugged her, pulled her to the ground by her hair, head-locked her, maybe even slapped her back…just about anything other than right crossed her closed fisted…we'd be talking about something else right now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I'd certainly be interested in knowing if the players think Mixon got screwed. If I were them my thoughts would be "Joe, WTF do you think happens when you knock a girl cold and she gets flown out of state to have reconstructive facial surgery?"

Sadly, had he pushed her back, pinned her to the floor, bear-hugged her, pulled her to the ground by her hair, head-locked her, maybe even slapped her back…just about anything other than right crossed her closed fisted…we'd be talking about something else right now.
    If only he would have correctly assessed the height, weight, gender, pulse of public opinion and the Oklahoma statutes governing an appropriate self-defense response in a few brief seconds then yes, we may be having a different discussion now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    If only he would have correctly assessed the height, weight, gender, pulse of public opinion and the Oklahoma statutes governing an appropriate self-defense response in a few brief seconds then yes, we may be having a different discussion now.
    Apparently you're supposed to politely ask the young woman would she quit accosting you. Should she fail to heed your pleading you're supposed to curl up in the fetal position and wait for her to tire herself out. Once you've helped her to a chair to rest and given her a refreshing beverage, it's okay to walk away, barring of course she doesn't wish to rest and accost you some more.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 8/18/2014 at 10:38 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Another reason why she left the state and went back to her parents was in order to avoid the violations of her probation for her own legal transgressions in Norman. A combination of the two is more than likely.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I don't know, but I just watched Stoops with the media after practice, and he looked off. I couldn't tell if he was sick, or had been run through the ringer with this Mixon thing, or just really PO'd, but he didn't look right. I know I wouldn't want to ask him the wrong question!

Overall, whatever the effects, they can't be good. The situation sucks, terribly. Nothing good happens after midnight.
    Yea, it looks like his right eye/cheek has swelling.

Stoops has been very good at dealing with tough situations, and not letting them spiral into monumental meltdowns. With all of the criticism he has received during his tenure, you could never say that his players quit on him. (2006 is the most prominent example, though not the only one, and Mack Brown's petty tirades during the 2010 season followed by the complete collapse of that teams shows that you should not take leadership for granted).

We are a very talented team, and despite the relative turmoil going on right now, I think we are going to move past it, and have a great season.

I would like to add, that Boren, between the Frank Shannon Debacle, and his apparent overruling the AD and coaching staff on Joe Mixon, Stoops could very well be out of here within the next two seasons if there isn't some serious heart to heart.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I just love on the ****ing Monday morning QB's..."well, if Mixon had only done this" or "if had done that"...BLAH BLAH BLAH

The was approached (reportedly several times) by a piece of ****, drunk off her ***, mouthy *** broad who decided she wanted to lay hands on him

Lesson to be learned here: if you are a female, you can get drunk, run your mouth, push people around, and you can even smack them...because if they retaliate...THEY are wrong...**** THAT

I have 4 daughters and I can assure you , I have taught them that once the decide they want to be a bad *** and smack a dude...they had better be prepared for happens next...TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah!

And don't forget that she's a junkie, dealer on the run from the law.

Let's not lose that part of the narrative.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Apparently you're supposed to politely ask the young woman would she quit accosting you. Should she fail to heed your pleading you're supposed to curl up in the fetal position and wait for her to tire herself out. Once you've helped her to a chair to rest and given her a refreshing beverage, it's okay to walk away, barring of course she doesn't wish to rest and accost you some more.
    No, you've got it all wrong. This imposing drunken druggie skank is such an imminent threat to his well being, he had to punch her in the face causing a fractured jaw, fractured cheek bone, fractured sinux and a fractured orbit which caused eye hematoma...in order to 'defend himself' from further harm.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Happily, the law does not require us to do what our mothers would have us do; it merely sets a lowest denominator set of rules. Whereas Joe probably should have been home in bed rather than shoving a second rate Sammy down his neck at 3 in the morning, he instead was giving a worthless piece of garbage a brief, but easy to understand life lesson.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    No, you've got it all wrong. This imposing drunken druggie skank is such an imminent threat to his well being, he had to punch her in the face causing a fractured jaw, fractured cheek bone, fractured sinux and a fractured orbit which caused eye hematoma...in order to 'defend himself' from further harm.
    You have proof of all of these alleged injuries? Joe must be one bad mofo...Mike Tyson like with his punches. I am sure the table that got in the way of her going down had NOTHING to do with those injuries.

And for someone who had a fractured jaw, she sure gave a pretty clear and coherent interview on the radio the next day.

There are still a lot of unknowns, but it certainly looks like Mixon is going to fight this...as well he should!

She is not a druggie skank, but she is obviously a ****ty drunk. Mixon is a kid who turned 18 a couple of hours before this happened, he made a bad decision in the heat of the moment and for that he is going to lose a lot...while the ****ty drunk proceeds as she did nothing wrong...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Yeah!

And don't forget that she's a junkie, dealer on the run from the law.

Let's not lose that part of the narrative.
    HAHA...not a junkie dealer...but she was certainly 'on the run' from the law since she had a outstanding warrant. But hey, it was for jaywalking or some ****, so that doesn't really matter. I mean, we can pick and choose what laws we want to follow nowadays

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

It was for possession of hydrocodone or some ****