Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This just said about Joe Mixon

If he can practice then this thing being dragged out a bit isn't a big deal because he won't be playing anyways because of the probable suspension.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I hope someone took down the homework assignment for Joe, so he doesn't get behind.

Usually just bullchit the first day. All my classes just went over syllabus today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Beyond that, OU doesn't need more media headaches. They're already taking a lot of national flack for the DGB transfer and the Frank Shannon situation.

As a reminder, DGB has been accused of assaulting a woman, on suspicion of drug activity, and then another drug issue.

Frank Shannon is accused of sexually assaulting a woman.

But, if it matters, most of these charges were either reduced or dropped after the accusations began. It would probably matter less if they weren't all grouped together when talking about ethics and moral standards and college football increasingly becoming more about winning than helping young men grow in sport and education
    From whom are we taking a lot of national flack? I watch and listen to ESPN, Fox Sports, etc..and frankly I'm not hearing anything about OU unless it's related to our high ranking in early polls.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

OH Hell....

The Sports Animal ‏@sportsanimal

Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn will join Jim Traber and @markrsports at 3:15p

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    OH Hell....

Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn will join Jim Traber and @markrsports at 3:15p
    Uh, that sounds like a bad idea.

I'm beginning to take seriously the suggestion that maybe he's a closet OU fan trying to throw the whole thing.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    From whom are we taking a lot of national flack? I watch and listen to ESPN, Fox Sports, etc..and frankly I'm not hearing anything about OU unless it's related to our high ranking in early polls.
    Unless I get online and look for it, I haven't heard anything about this ordeal. Even over the weekend, when I watched some of the preseason prediction shows, they never mentioned the Mixon situation when talking about Oklahoma.

This is a local story, and it's only being hyped by local media with nothing better to cover.

Remember Devon Thomas, the OSU RB recruit? He tried to kill a guy after robbing him, and we only heard a couple of stories about that. The Oklahoma media looks like a bunch of clowns the way they are handling this.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Unless I get online and look for it, I haven't heard anything about this ordeal. Even over the weekend, when I watched some of the preseason prediction shows, they never mentioned the Mixon situation when talking about Oklahoma.

This is a local story, and it's only being hyped by local media with nothing better to cover.

Remember Devon Thomas, the OSU RB recruit? He tried to kill a guy after robbing him, and we only heard a couple of stories about that. The Oklahoma media looks like a bunch of clowns the way they are handling this.
    Exactly! There is no national media outcry about DGB, Frank Shannon, Joe Mixon, or anyone, or anything else that's going on at OU.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

I think the thing is the handwringers and do-gooders want to imagine there's some national interest in what's going on at OU, that we're under some spotlight with these things, and it's just not there. It's kinda like whoever it was making up his own story about Mixon & alcohol to justify his feelings on the matter.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Curly, You got that just about right. Hell, many of my friends from other parts of the country don't pay any attention to college FB at all. (they're pro fans, baseball fans, coupla lacrosse outliers and some....gasp....who don't follow sports at all). Now, many of these would immediately assume the worst if they heard anything at all, but then those folks would believe it if you told them that no CFB player ever attended classes, raped every woman who crossed their paths, when the drugs allowed them the wherewithal to do so, and ate babies.
    large potions of our fellow citizens could hardly find Oklahoma on a map, much less spend any of their limited brain cells thinking about what goes on here. Relax, this, too, shall pass.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I disagree. Most folks can find Oklahoma on a map because they show that little map on the LCD screen as the plane flies over it.

vCash

he pleaded not guilty

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Curly, You got that just about right. Hell, many of my friends from other parts of the country don't pay any attention to college FB at all. (they're pro fans, baseball fans, coupla lacrosse outliers and some....gasp....who don't follow sports at all). Now, many of these would immediately assume the worst if they heard anything at all, but then those folks would believe it if you told them that no CFB player ever attended classes, raped every woman who crossed their paths, when the drugs allowed them the wherewithal to do so, and ate babies.
    large potions of our fellow citizens could hardly find Oklahoma on a map, much less spend any of their limited brain cells thinking about what goes on here. Relax, this, too, shall pass.
    Truth. I listen to national sports radio frequently, and probably more than anything I listen to ESPN Radio out of Dallas - and even the Texas station isn't making a big deal out of any of this. (or even talking about it for that matter)

vCash

lol, mixon gone for the year per ou.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Uh, that sounds like a bad idea.

I'm beginning to take seriously the suggestion that maybe he's a closet OU fan trying to throw the whole thing.
    Me too! I mentioned that possibility as a joke before, but now I wondering if Mashburn really is trying to supply grounds for the judge to just dismiss the while thing.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    From whom are we taking a lot of national flack?
    This guy lists off some of what's being said elsewhere. Cliff's Notes version: The Sporting News and CBS Sports.

OH Hell....

The previous Cleveland County DA decided to go on national TV when that poor girl from Purcell was murdered to read off the murderer's evil plans for a media soundbyte.

Granted, this is not a child murder case, but this appears to be a DA once again seeking unnecessary publicity in front of a media audience. Cleveland Co voters dumped the incumbent in the very next election, likely out of disgust

vCash

A mutual combat misdemeanor and OU suspends him a year. LOL

vCash

This means mixon is not only gone for the year but will never dress in a sooner uniform officially. He won't be able to practice now even and he will transfer.

vCash

Forced redshirt is one thing, suspension for a year is brutal. No football activities - ouch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Forced redshirt is one thing, suspension for a year is brutal. No football activities - ouch.
    And they welcome a kid (DGB) who pushed a women down the stairs and kick someone off for reacting to be assaulted.

Not happy with my university right now.....makes you think about sending your kids there....

If I am a recruit......I would be watching right now.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    This means mixon is not only gone for the year but will never dress in a sooner uniform officially. He won't be able to practice now even and he will transfer.
    Unfortunately you're probably right, but he might stick it out. I hate all this, but hey...we're going to be really good anyway.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"