Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: This just said about Joe Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I think yer reachin Bro. He Lawyered up cause he was facing the possibility of some serious charges.
    Could be just another bogus rumor. It was posted on LT that Stoops and Mixon marched to Boren's office by someone on campus claiming to see it. Even if true, he might not have been able to say anything, but this was right before the official school announcement that he would not be participating in football activities. Quick, Tapper and a few other names were thrown out as possibly being at the scene too. If true, maybe coaches could talk to them. I gotta believe Stoops was not in the dark as much as the fans were.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Could be just another bogus rumor. It was posted on LT that Stoops and Mixon marched to Boren's office by someone on campus claiming to see it. Even if true, he might not have been able to say anything, but this was right before the official school announcement that he would not be participating in football activities. Quick, Tapper and a few other names were thrown out as possibly being at the scene too. If true, maybe coaches could talk to them. I gotta believe Stoops was not in the dark as much as the fans were.
    Lots of idiotic rumors were swirling around when this 1st happened. Hell I'd of Lawyered up the next morning before I talked to ANYONE.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

lol TFB already backpedaling.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    lol TFB already backpedaling.
    How is this "Backpedaling?

- UPDATE (Monday, 6:42 am): After speaking to another source this morning, we want to clarify a couple of things. Our original note on Joe Mixon should NOT be taken as an implication that punishment set by the university would be a required redshirt. The punishment has not yet been dealt. We are being told Joe will redshirt based primarily on the number of games he would be expected to miss via some type of suspension.

- Also, we were told that as of now Joe Mixon intends on staying regardless of what punishment is set by the university. But that could obviously change as things have yet to be officially finalized and people can always change their mind.
    - UPDATE (Monday, 6:42 am): After speaking to another source this morning, we want to clarify a couple of things. Our original note on Joe Mixon should NOT be taken as an implication that punishment set by the university would be a required redshirt. The punishment has not yet been dealt. We are being told Joe will redshirt based primarily on the number of games he would be expected to miss via some type of suspension.

- Also, we were told that as of now Joe Mixon intends on staying regardless of what punishment is set by the university. But that could obviously change as things have yet to be officially finalized and people can always change their mind.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Bring back the Joe Mixon rumor thread!!!!!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Meh the season's less than two weeks away. Pretty soon rumor talk will shift to actual football talk and we'll be discussing the players on the field, not the ones that might never see the field

FREE MIKE BALOGUN

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Mixon will be in court in 28 minutes...(230pm)...allegedly...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Meh the season's less than two weeks away. Pretty soon rumor talk will shift to actual football talk and we'll be discussing the players on the field, not the ones that might never see the field

FREE MIKE BALOGUN
    ^This. School begins and real game prep starts today. I thought the first depth chart would be published by now, but it should be soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    How is this "Backpedaling?

Went from he will redshirt to he will probably redshirt because of how many games he will miss. You can tell they are backing up from it.

vCash

Michael Kinney ‏@EyeAmTruth · now
    Feels like every media organization is at the Cleveland County Courthouse for the Joe Mixon arraignment

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Michael Kinney ‏@EyeAmTruth · now
    Feels like every media organization is at the Cleveland County Courthouse for the Joe Mixon arraignment
    I'm sure it will be a shocking event: charges read, Mixon pleads not guilty via his lawyer, next appearance date set.

Will make a great made -for-TV movie!

vCash

Pro prospects these days favor less college carries in hopes that they can have a longer NFL shelf life than pros seem to get these days, it seems. If he has to sit out practice, games or even an entire season, that might not be the worst thing.

But, it must be hard being so far from his California home and not being able to do what you came to OU for. I am of course referring to attending class to get a quality education and degree. Fortunately classes begin today

vCash

Justin Hite ‏@justinmhite · now
    Joe Mixon released on own recognizance. No bail set but must got through booking process

vCash

@RJ_Young
    JOE MIXON: Judge Stice orders the video will not be disseminated by either party until the case is resolved or tried.

Administrator
    vCash

TFB is the only site I have seen the redshirt rumor. other sites say they have heard that but also that he will have around a 4 gamer.

BTW TFB were the ones who said they had it on good sources that he didn't throw a punch when this all started. They also reported Saban to Texas.
    Yeah, I think they're pretty good when it comes to recruiting, but I don't think they have any line to Stoops when it comes to the actual team.

I doubt Stoops has made a final decision (and why would he until the legal part is settled), so for anyone to say they know the punishment right now is kinda crazy.

vCash

If this isn't the most valuable "walk away" lesson that OU football ever received.

On the field? Don't get a penalty, don't get ejected, just WALK AWAY.

Off the field? Don't get arrested, charged, booking and bailed out, just WALK AWAY.

vCash

Biggest thing I got out of this is Mixon's attorney saying he would have been in class today if it wasn't for the arraignment. Meaning it sounds like he's not transferring...

vCash

Justin Hite ‏@justinmhite 1h

Ultimately, no plea was entered in the courtroom. Judge Stice met with both sides in private before hand and Mixon had 2 attorneys present.

Matt Swain was the other attorney present...take that for what it's worth...

vCash

Biggest thing I got out of this is Mixon's attorney saying he would have been in class today if it wasn't for the arraignment. Meaning it sounds like he's not transferring...
    I hope someone took down the homework assignment for Joe, so he doesn't get behind.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Justin Hite ‏@justinmhite 1h

Ultimately, no plea was entered in the courtroom. Judge Stice met with both sides in private before hand and Mixon had 2 attorneys present.
    Always good to have a backup attorney as Finlay could pull a hammy.