Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This just said about Joe Mixon

Don't they unleash the ugly lights at 2 am? Is it 230 now?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    He was hoping to run into a drunk chick and handle the situation in the more traditional manner.
    Take her home and regret it in the morning?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Take her home and regret it in the morning?
    Or a walk of shame for her, if he's lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    here ya go....

I want to **** both of those chicks right in the mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

WtF? This case just keeps getting stranger and stranger. http://newsok.com/joe-mixon-surveill...rticle/5338036
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

so the FOIA only applies to the media now?

vCash

No, the FOIA doesn't apply only to the media. But the Norman PD is operating under a legal thought that since it's still evidentiary, they will permit it to be shown to certain media members who filed a FOIA claim; the general public hasn't filed one. If you want to file one with Norman PD, go ahead. But the actual video will not be released to the public at large and media are free to describe it (which baffles me), but cannot record it in any way. I suppose it's akin to witnessing an execution; only certain media members allowed, along with specific onlookers with specific reasons to be there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    No, the FOIA doesn't apply only to the media. But the Norman PD is operating under a legal thought that since it's still evidentiary, they will permit it to be shown to certain media members who filed a FOIA claim; the general public hasn't filed one. If you want to file one with Norman PD, go ahead. But the actual video will not be released to the public at large and media are free to describe it (which baffles me), but cannot record it in any way. I suppose it's akin to witnessing an execution; only certain media members allowed, along with specific onlookers with specific reasons to be there.
    This is strange to me. FOIA requests are supposed to be made so that the public can uncover government action, right? I mean having a FOIA system doesn't really make sense if it is just for individuals to satisfy their own curiosity.

And your analogy to an execution doesn't hold up in this case. In an execution chamber, there is limited space. And given the nature of an execution -- a person is about to be killed and therefore may behave unpredictably and dangerously, and the presence of a large group of people could be antagonizing -- observers need to be kept to a minimum. Those facts don't apply at all to a video.

I guess the real legal question I have is "Does Norman PD have the power to suppress all 'evidentiary' material, all the time?" And if so, why? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010

The Norman PD is looking pretty silly right now. Now that PD's are known for being too bright to begin with.

"Instead of just letting everyone see it and draw their own conclusions from it, we'll have just media members see it, in which they will use their own opinions to dictate the narrative and manipulate feelings."

There is nothing better in this world than fallible hearsay floating around!
    Last edited by manateepower; 9/3/2014 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

The video will be public soon enough and I don't see it being a good thing for OU or Mixon. I guess getting it over with would be better unless it comes out during off season. I don't see it changing Mixon's suspension this year, so I hope the video stays on hold until after the season.

vCash

Tram said it will be released to media this wk.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Tram said it will be released to media this wk.
    Yes, that was announced yesterday. I'm saying I hope it doesn't go out to the general public until after the season. If that's not possible, then the sooner the better to put it in the rear view mirror.

vCash

I gotcha. Just figured once the media got their grubby lil hands on it they would immediately release it to the public. Def better now than next August. In a yr. something else around the country will be all the rage and mixons scrape with a drug fueled chick will only be mentioned by the media and announcers calling games, assuming mixon plays then.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    I gotcha. Just figured once the media got their grubby lil hands on it they would immediately release it to the public. Def better now than next August. In a yr. something else around the country will be all the rage and mixons scrape with a drug fueled chick will only be mentioned by the media and announcers calling games, assuming mixon plays then.
    The article I saw said the media will not get copies of the video and will not be allowed to use any recording devices. But I assume we'll be swamped with the spin from all those present.

Administrator
    vCash

I'd just as soon the video be released now. It sounds like it's going to be bad, so why not get it out there? (I understand that the NPD/DA is holding the video because the case is still open, but I don't understand why it's okay to allow the media to view it.). If you're going to release it, then release it!

This time next year, it'll be old news.

vCash

Im just giddy with excitement awaiting Jenny's take on this.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    The Norman PD is looking pretty silly right now. Now that PD's are known for being too bright to begin with.

"Instead of just letting everyone see it and draw their own conclusions from it, we'll have just media members see it, in which they will use their own opinions to dictate the narrative and manipulate feelings."

There is nothing better in this world than fallible hearsay floating around!
    I can hardly wait for the media outlets to whip up folks all over again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I can hardly wait for the media outlets to whip up folks all over again.
    That's the irritating part to me too. It's done, he's punished. Let's move on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If the information is subject of FOIA demands, then it should be shared with the media or whoever else files the demand....who then can share it. If it's somehow privileged, then it's possible that some vetted group could be allowed to see it without taking possession and could then report it to the general public. (a la intelligence committees in congress).
    The distinction would seem a pretty simple question.
    But, as mentioned above, local police departments have, in general, a pretty vague and fuzzy understanding of the law in general and con law almost not at all. So, it's not surprising that they're mushing around trying to handle this as a PR problem. Soon enough, they'll get their dicks in a wringer and make the whole thing worse.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

It will be released to the media but no cameras are allowed according to newsok.