Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

This just said about Joe Mixon

Joe Mixon Note By: The Brainiacs Posted on: August 17, 2014

We spoke to a couple people this afternoon about the Joe Mixon situation. Here is what we have been told:

- Mixon was cleared by compliance and unless there are further developments, he will be allowed to remain on the team.

- Mixon has occasionally been at practice watching, but not participating. He still works out on his own, but he hasn’t been allowed to do much more beyond that.

- We’ve been told Mixon will be redshirted this year and that an announcement could come as early as this week.

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-o...e-mixon-note-5
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: This just said about Joe Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Hope it's not true, but TFB seem to have good sources most the time. I really didn't expect it to be the whole season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Hope it's not true, but TFB seem to have good sources most the time. I really didn't expect it to be the whole season.
    What part do you HOPE is not true?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

That he'll be redshirted.

vCash

That he'll be redshirted.
    Why? I figured he would be all along.

vCash

I thought he'd get 3-4 games suspension with a chance to contribute by season's end. And if he does become as good as projected, a redshirt year is a waste.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

TFB is the only site I have seen the redshirt rumor. other sites say they have heard that but also that he will have around a 4 gamer.

BTW TFB were the ones who said they had it on good sources that he didn't throw a punch when this all started. They also reported Saban to Texas.

vCash

Yes, TFB has certainly been wrong before.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    TFB is the only site I have seen the redshirt rumor. other sites say they have heard that but also that he will have around a 4 gamer.

BTW TFB were the ones who said they had it on good sources that he didn't throw a punch when this all started. They also reported Saban to Texas.
    I'm still calling RedShirt.
    Won't know for sure until after the national championship game.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I can't understand the rationale for redshirting Mixon other than punishment.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I can't understand the rationale for redshirting Mixon other than punishment.
    A true FR missing all of fall camp could be a factor too.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

A true FR missing all of fall camp could be a factor too.
    Beyond that, OU doesn't need more media headaches. They're already taking a lot of national flack for the DGB transfer and the Frank Shannon situation.

As a reminder, DGB has been accused of assaulting a woman, on suspicion of drug activity, and then another drug issue.

Frank Shannon is accused of sexually assaulting a woman.

But, if it matters, most of these charges were either reduced or dropped after the accusations began. It would probably matter less if they weren't all grouped together when talking about ethics and moral standards and college football increasingly becoming more about winning than helping young men grow in sport and education

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Badg, it's always good to remember that an accusation does not equal truth. I could accuse you of child abuse of your little one sight unseen. And, though the accusation would be absurd on its face, some people out there in teevee land would believe it and would move immediately to strip you of custody and assign your baby to some lovely foster home. It's just the way we, as a society, roll these days. I'd prefer that 'we' (OU), did our best to do what we believed to be right and let the chips fall where they may. The Jerry Springer/Oprah/Dr. Oz/Dr. Phil/Dr. Drew BS carnival ends someday and I'd prefer that we had been, at least sometimes, on the side of sanity and common sense.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Badg, it's always good to remember that an accusation does not equal truth. I could accuse you of child abuse of your little one sight unseen. And, though the accusation would be absurd on its face, some people out there in teevee land would believe it and would move immediately to strip you of custody and assign your baby to some lovely foster home. It's just the way we, as a society, roll these days. I'd prefer that 'we' (OU), did our best to do what we believed to be right and let the chips fall where they may. The Jerry Springer/Oprah/Dr. Oz/Dr. Phil/Dr. Drew BS carnival ends someday and I'd prefer that we had been, at least sometimes, on the side of sanity and common sense.
    Yup Look at me. I was accused of being a decent civilized human being once and we all KNOW that aint so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Beyond that, OU doesn't need more media headaches. They're already taking a lot of national flack for the DGB transfer and the Frank Shannon situation.

As a reminder, DGB has been accused of assaulting a woman, on suspicion of drug activity, and then another drug issue.

But, if it matters, most of these charges were either reduced or dropped after the accusations began. It would probably matter less if they weren't all grouped together when talking about ethics and moral standards and college football increasingly becoming more about winning than helping young men grow in sport and education
    We need to stop courting public opinion and worrying about the media's latest social crusades. The University of Oklahoma should handle Joe Mixon as an individual (as well as the others). Each case should be handled on it's own merits.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

It's certainly true OU doesn't need more media headaches, but it's really not fair for that to be a factor against any particular individual.

We really don't know yet what the school is going to do. But I don't assume the DA is an idiot like so many wearing crimson shades. There are parts of his statement that make me wonder, but he knows the content of every witness interview and has viewed the video. He has 1000% more info than any poster here and he chose to file charges. And he certainly had ample time to mull the situation.

If Boren/Stoops impose a school penalty, they also have much more information than we do. They have access to Mixon himself. And not discussed here, but I've seen references to other players there too, but I don't know if that's just rumor. Stoops can ask directly "what the h*ll happened and I don't want any GD lawyer speak". If Mixon truly was an innocent bystander, I think Stoops would back him as such, but I don't think he was.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

My gut feeling now is Joe gets a 2-4 game suspension and on the kinder & gentler side of myself...I hope Mia gets help for her obvious troubled soul...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

It's certainly true OU doesn't need more media headaches, but it's really not fair for that to be a factor against any particular individual.

We really don't know yet what the school is going to do. But I don't assume the DA is an idiot like so many wearing crimson shades. There are parts of his statement that make me wonder, but he knows the content of every witness interview and has viewed the video. He has 1000% more info than any poster here and he chose to file charges. And he certainly had ample time to mull the situation.

If Boren/Stoops impose a school penalty, they also have much more information than we do. They have access to Mixon himself. And not discussed here, but I've seen references to other players there too, but I don't know if that's just rumor. Stoops can ask directly "what the h*ll happened and I don't want any GD lawyer speak". If Mixon truly was an innocent bystander, I think Stoops would back him as such, but I don't think he was.
    It would be difficult for Stoops to do. I don't think he would even want to interject himself into an ongoing legal issue. Pretty sure Mixon's lawyer would never allow carte blanche in interviewing Mixon, head coach or not.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    It would be difficult for Stoops to do. I don't think he would even want to interject himself into an ongoing legal issue. Pretty sure Mixon's lawyer would never allow carte blanche in interviewing Mixon, head coach or not.
    There was a sighting of Stoops + Mixon heading to Boren's office sans lawyer weeks ago. Mixon lawyering up against his own head coach doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

vCash

I think yer reachin Bro. He Lawyered up cause he was facing the possibility of some serious charges.