Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Dalton Rodriguez Story

What's going on here? http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...81184a68e.html Is Dalton Rodriguez coming to OU, did we offer him again, what trouble did he get in, are we picking up another rehab job?

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Dalton Rodriguez Story

This whole thing caught me off guard yesterday.

Rodriquez was offered during the 2013 recruiting cycle. He ended up choosing Tulsa over OU, and the prevailing thought was that he wanted to play on the defensive side of the ball, and OU was recruiting him to play O-Line. I think Tulsa was the only team telling him he could play defense. So, he went to Tulsa.

Apparently, he ended up on the offensive line (no shock), and developed an attitude issue (I've heard he was "lazy", and I've heard he was a hard worker, but had a "bad attitude", so I don't know which it was). He ended up getting kicked off of the team at the end of spring ball.

Fast forward to yesterday, and he has enrolled at OU, moved to campus and is apparently 'on the team'. The word is he will play DE.

More details will eventually emerge, but it doesn't make a lot of sense as it stands now. Bruce Kittle was his recruiter, so it's possible Montgomery re-evaluated him and thinks he can play on the D-line. That's just speculation on my part though.

I don't think he'll be a scholarship player, and I would imagine he's got a long way to go to see the field, but we'll see.

vCash

I can't believe that we continue accepting suspended players. The coaches are the ones taking the risk, so they must be confident that they can turn them around.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't think he'll be a scholarship player
    Report I saw had him walking on. He's apparently fine with that and motivated to earn a scholarship. If so, whatever laziness or bad attitude he had at TU, stayed at TU--"if so" being the operative words here.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Report I saw had him walking on. He's apparently fine with that and motivated to earn a scholarship. If so, whatever laziness or bad attitude he had at TU, stayed at TU--"if so" being the operative words here.
    Yep, that's what I'm reading.

He'll have to earn his scholarship. I'm good with that (just in case Stoops calls to get my opinion).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Thanks for the inputs. When yOU live in Georgia OU insight is not available except for this forum.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Yep, that's what I'm reading.

He'll have to earn his scholarship. I'm good with that (just in case Stoops calls to get my opinion).
    Well, we're doing our best to open some up aren't we?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Well, we're doing our best to open some up aren't we?
    Apparently.