The general consensus is that Bryce Petty will be the OPOY and the OU vs. Baylor game is the best in conference game of the year...

Link

Dennis Dodd
Most underrated team: Texas. Charlie Strong has laid down the law. He inherits loads of talent. Now he just needs to get consistent quarterback play out of David Ash. Don't forget, this team came within 30 minutes of winning the Big 12 in '13.

Bold conference prediction: The Big 12 will be left out of the playoff this year.
Jerry Fowler
Most overrated team: Texas. Texas usually gets preseason love off its name but this year's Longhorns look like a 7-5 team with an 8-4 ceiling. With a shaky quarterback situation, questions at receiver and a rash of dismissals/suspensions, UT's promise under Charlie Strong will come in Year 2.

Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. The Sooners are a popular preseason pick for the four-team playoff but Baylor aims to change that. The Sooners get Baylor in Norman. The Bears need to quell the perception that they underwhelm on the road in big games.

Bold conference prediction: Baylor and Oklahoma are obvious contenders, but the third one won't be Oklahoma State or Texas... but Kansas State, which will upset Auburn on Sept. 18.
Jon Solomon
Most overrated team: Oklahoma. The Sooners have the chance to be very good. But by virtue of one win against Alabama, Oklahoma carries the burden of exceedingly high expectations as the No. 3 team in the coaches poll. Quarterback Trevor Knight needs to consistently do what he did at the Sugar Bowl for a full season.

Defensive player of the year: Dominique Alexander, LB, Oklahoma. Alexander was the Big 12's defensive newcomer of the year in 2013. He is one of the Big 12's hardest hitters and returns to an improving unit under defensive coordinator Mike Stoops.

Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. Just go ahead and circle Nov. 8 now as the date you'll be glued to your TV: Baylor-Oklahoma, LSU-Alabama and Michigan State-Ohio State are all that day.

Bold conference prediction: The Big 12 will get left out of the first College Football Playoff, causing more handwringing about whether the Big 12 needs to bring back a conference championship game.
Jerry Palm
Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. This will most likely decide the league title. If either can finish undefeated, they'll make the playoff.
Tom Fornelli
Defensive player of the year: Eric Striker, LB, Oklahoma: Striker led the Sooners in sacks last season as a sophomore, but I expect him to improve on his total of 6.5 this year. Though I suppose I don't expect it as much as I'm hoping it happens, because let's be honest, there really isn't a better name for a linebacker in college football right now than "Striker." Especially if you've seen some of the hits he's laid out.

Coach of the year: Bob Stoops, Oklahoma: I feel like this is a two-horse race between Stoops and Art Briles, and since I think Oklahoma will end up winning the Big 12, and possibly earn a playoff berth, I'm going with Stoops.

Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. Honestly, what other game could you pick? Yeah, Oklahoma-Texas is the historic rivalry, but right now the two best teams in the conference are the Sooners and Bears. The Big 12 Championship will be played on Nov. 8.
Jerry Hinnen
Most overrated team: Oklahoma. One swallow doesn't make a summer, as they say, and one incredible performance -- even against Alabama -- shouldn't mean a team that got crushed by Baylor and Texas, that needed late escapes to beat TCU and Oklahoma State, and basically never looked like a top-10 team until that Sugar Bowl is suddenly ready to challenge for a national title.

Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. Of course, with all that said, the Sooners are still without question of the Big 12's most talented teams and not likely to finish any lower than second. If I'm wrong and they are worthy of the playoff hype, there's no better chance to prove it than at home vs. the reigning champs.

Bold conference prediction: The Big 12 will miss the inaugural College Football Playoff. There's precious little separation between any of this conference's top six teams -- the Bears and Sooners are solid, but you think they don't have anything to worry about from the likes of Charlie Strong's defense at Texas or Mike Gundy's offense at Oklahoma State? -- and while that balance should make for some incredible televised drama, it's also going to end with no team in the league finishing with fewer than two losses.
Chip Patterson
Defensive player of the year: Eric Striker, LB, Oklahoma. The reason to pick Oklahoma to win the Big 12 is not because of what the Sooners did to Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, it's because of Striker, Charles Tapper and a loaded defense that should dominate all but 2 or 3 teams in the league and give OU a chance to win against everyone.

Most overrated team: Oklahoma. Is it possible to be overrated and my pick to win the league? Oklahoma will be really, really good in 2014 but I'm not sold on the Sooners as the No. 3 team in the country yet.

Most intriguing conference game: Baylor at Oklahoma, Nov. 8. The howdown will set the stage for the Big 12 title race. It's the closest thing to a Big 12 title game, and OU fans are glad the game will be in Norman.