SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Mr. Wunderlick hired at UT...

Some position with diversity and something...per Houston Chronicle. Salary in the 6 figures... I seriously doubt his UT degree in Education or Training would support that kind of salary...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mr. Wunderlick hired at UT...

Silly, silly whorns. The blind leading the blind.
    http://www.utexas.edu/news/2014/08/1...UTAustinSocial
    posse member

vCash

I have no problem with the university taking care of their own. I'll bet VY's performance on the field while he was there helped contribute 10s of millions to that war chest they have down there.

I almost don't hate it. I know his financial troubles were entirely his own doing, but I hate to see someone with so much promise having to live a long, miserable existence because of a few early mistakes. I am rooting for him to take advantage of his opportunity and to get his life back on track.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

He raising money. He'll be okay as long as he doesn't have to count it.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    He raising money. He'll be okay as long as he doesn't have to count it.
    He'll only be okay if he can hire some *honest* accountant type to manage that new paycheck for him and put him on a strict budget. Probably won't happen.

Administrator
    vCash

Kind of an odd position for VY.

This stuck out to me:

Vince’s passion for the educational success of young people and his experiences as a first-generation college graduate make him a perfect fit for this role,” said Gregory J. Vincent, vice president for diversity and community engagement.
    Granted I haven't followed VY to know whether or not that's true, just seems odd.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dude needed a job since he is broke. A 6 figure job by an alma mater that will be eternally thankful for him seems fair to everybody except the person who actually wanted and earned the job but didn't get it since his name wasn't Vince Young. Or did they create the position just for him?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I like having dusty d around for ou info. I like the idea of hiring former players to support the university as long as they're qualified

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Dude needed a job since he is broke. A 6 figure job by an alma mater that will be eternally thankful for him seems fair to everybody except the person who actually wanted and earned the job but didn't get it since his name wasn't Vince Young. Or did they create the position just for him?
    That's my guess - he'll follow around the person with the real responsibility with the hopes his presence will increase fund raising. It probably will and it will be a win for UT. And it gives VY a chance to learn how to manage the meager non-NFL income and maybe grow into the job.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Or did they create the position just for him?
    The position is "The sole man responsible for our last national championship that we will ever win in football to sign autographs and take pictures with wealthy alumni." There was one person qualified for the job.

He will attend pregame hype-up-the-wallets events where UT can charge hundreds of dollars a head, where he will pretend to love everyone and tell fun stories about the time he outran USC's entire defense.

He will sit at the table of the highest bidder (Joe Jamail or Red McCombs?) where he will pretend to eat salad while debating the merits of issuing the Heisman Trophy after he beat USC to him instead of before beating USC to a USC guy.

Alumni will love it. The rest of us can roll our eyes and laugh.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

The Chronicle story wrote less of the fund raising part and more of the community involvement and diversity... The fund raising part I get and if he goes into those areas of "first generation college students" he will be a hit.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.