Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Starting year 30 as a public school teacher tomorrow...

Looking fwd to meeting my new group of students. I had some of their parents as students 20-some yrs ago. I don't get the butterflies much anymore, although I'm always anxious to get to Labor Day. By then I know most of the 100+ names and whether it's going to be a good year or not. The good most always outweighs the bad, thank goodness. Just a few more years until retirement. I hope to finish strong.

Wish me luck.

BOOMER!

vCash

Re: Starting year 30 as a public school teacher tomorrow...

Good luck Bro. Yer doing a Jorb I couldnt do. I'd be in jail fer knocking the little turds Heads together.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Good luck Bro. Yer doing a Jorb I couldnt do. I'd be in jail fer knocking up the little senoritas.
    FIFY
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    FIFY
    Well that too.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

good luck, we started this past Monday...new principal, a guy...first one in 25 years. Ready to roll...

oh, year 25...and YES I am retiring in 5!!! lol
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Looking fwd to meeting my new group of students. I had some of their parents as students 20-some yrs ago. I don't get the butterflies much anymore, although I'm always anxious to get to Labor Day. By then I know most of the 100+ names and whether it's going to be a good year or not. The good most always outweighs the bad, thank goodness. Just a few more years until retirement. I hope to finish strong.

Wish me luck.

BOOMER!
    good luck - how many more do you guess?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    good luck, we started this past Monday...new principal, a guy...first one in 25 years. Ready to roll...

oh, year 25...and YES I am retiring in 5!!! lol
    why are you quitting after only 30? What will you do?

vCash

30 years of Puttin up with smartassed kids is Moren any man should have to do. He should go fishin

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

good luck - how many more do you guess?
    Thanks. Right now the plan is four more yrs. I will really, really miss the decent students when that day arrives. And most of my students are of the decent sort. The students are the best part of the job. When I have one of those years loaded with surly sociopaths, teaching is a terrible profession. Thankfully, those years are rare in my district. I will miss the camaraderie of my fellow teachers.

I will not miss those godforsaken tests I must teach to. I will not miss the additional responsibilities and duties that increase every year... seems like we're expected to be quasi-social workers nowadays. <sigh> Our society has found itself in a position where public schools are needed to fill the parenting vacuum out there. That's the thing that makes me more cynical and tired than anything. And I won't miss the endless upgrading of technology that we must keep abreast of. I suppose this is a necessary evil...But we are now truly slaves to the computer.

Still, my classes this year seem to be filled with intelligent, caring, All-American sorts of teenagers. I am looking forward to tomorrow!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

work at Lowes, paint houses, mow yards, work on my jeep...

Unlike Wasp, I work in the inner city (assuming he doesn't)....I have more bull**** to put up with. I will say a lot of the kids just want love...someone to tell them are good...I will miss a lot of them, it's cool to see kids come back that make it out. It's funny and sad, but these kids are no different than ours, they have dreams, are fun, want to be happy...it's the parents that are deadbeats.

Not to go political...but all this race crap...the St. Louis thing....they (minorities and urban people) all scream about justice, fairness, a chance....but they kill more of each other and treat each other like crap more than the other races do.

Okay, enough preachin! lol.

Also going to build a house on the fiance's property, 95 acres, raise a cow or 2 for beef, chickens and eggs, a garden..and get as far off the grid as possible!!!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!