Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Wages down 23% since 2008. Bank profits near record levels.

Hope and change came true......if you are a big banker.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-23-Since-2008

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-b...els-1407773976

Also, in the first article the figure of the number of households in large urban areas earning $35,000 or less is very interesting since this is the part of the country that supplies the Democrats with the overwhelming majority of their votes.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 8/12/2014 at 01:53 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Wages down 23% since 2008. Bank profits near record levels.

Welcome to the Obama/Liberal economy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hmm, my salary is up 41% since 2008 and overall compensation is more like 220% in the same time frame. Strange....
    Metaphors be with you!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skysooner View Post
    Hmm, my salary is up 41% since 2008 and overall compensation is more like 220% in the same time frame. Strange....
    Things have been good in the oil patch for over a decade. Think that's true in most industries?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Welcome to the Obama/Liberal economy
    I believe the Obama part. But I'm a liberal, and this is no liberal economy.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Hope and change came true......if you are a big banker.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-23-Since-2008

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-b...els-1407773976

Also, in the first article the figure of the number of households in large urban areas earning $35,000 or less is very interesting since this is the part of the country that supplies the Democrats with the overwhelming majority of their votes.
    The banksters weren't "hoping" for no "change" in the status quo, they PAID for it, and that's what they got.

Except that instead of a mortgage backed securities bubble, they are building a rental-stream backed securities bubble, ****ing over many of the same people, and using many of the same physical houses that they sucked up after the 2008 collapse.

More epicycles!

vCash

And this is pertinent to the assertions of the article how? Or are you saying you are a banker?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    I believe the Obama part. But I'm a liberal, and this is no liberal economy.
    ===Higher taxes----more regulation ---Obamacare----- a Liberals wet dream ----How can you not think that does not affect the economy?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Things have been good in the oil patch for over a decade. Think that's true in most industries?
    In many it is yes. Real estate is actually really good right now too. It depends on the sector, but blaming Obama on something that was decades in the making is bs.
    Metaphors be with you!

vCash

And this is pertinent to the assertions of the article how? Or are you saying you are a banker?
    I am nowhere close to banking. I know many people who are doing pretty well in this economy. Others aren't so much. The young, the lesser educated or people who can't move to the jobs are having lots of problems. This was decades in the making, but it was also necessary. Do you honestly think this country could have stayed on a manufacturing base with the rise of China/India/Brazil, etc? There are global factors working here.
    Metaphors be with you!

vCash

In many it is yes. Real estate is actually really good right now too. It depends on the sector, but blaming Obama on something that was decades in the making is bs.
    Home ownership is approaching an all time low. If you consider hedge funds and deep pocketed investors buying up large percentages of homes in hot urban sectors as constituting a booming real estate market then you have a different definition of what good means. Good for hedge funds and banks? Yes. Good for the average home owner? No.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...-19-years.html

Of course you know what a bastion of right wing propaganda Bloomberg is. LOL.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 8/12/2014 at 09:24 PM.

vCash

Am I the only here who is laughing at the irony of conservatives complaining , as well as blaming, obama for exactly what conservatives have been wanting and trying to do for decades - lowering wages and increasing corporate profits.

Like I've said before, even when he does EXACTLY what you want, you still bitch about it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Am I the only here who is laughing at the irony of conservatives complaining , as well as blaming, obama for exactly what conservatives have been wanting and trying to do for decades - lowering wages and increasing corporate profits.

Like I've said before, even when he does EXACTLY what you want, you still bitch about it.
    You are freaking hopeless. I have railed against Bush's crony capitalism policies until I am blue in the face but like a good little cultist you refuse to direct even the mildest criticism toward your charismatic cult leader Obama.

vCash

You are freaking hopeless. I have railed against Bush's crony capitalism policies until I am blue in the face but like a good little cultist you refuse to direct even the mildest criticism toward your charismatic cult leader Obama.
    Try reading what I wrote again.

vCash

Of course rank and file conservatives don't want lower wages. But they believe the elite conservatives when those elites say conservative policies will be good for everyone, or at least the top 60%.

We used to have a genuine 1%er conservative on this board. But Sic'Em has found better things to do with his trust fund.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ===Higher taxes----more regulation ---Obamacare----- a Liberals wet dream ----How can you not think that does not affect the economy?
    Nobody from Wall Street has appeared in an orange jumpsuit yet. Obama works for the crony capitalists (aka the 1%). Obamacare has been good for the insurance corporations, no matter what its impact on the rest of us (which is mixed).

Most importantly, a real liberal response to the 2008 crash would be an actual jobs program a la WPA/CCC, not the bank bailout and tepid stimulus that we actually got in 2009.

BTW, congratulations if you're in a tax bracket that saw an increase - you're doing well!

More epicycles!

vCash

Of course rank and file conservatives don't want lower wages. But they believe the elite conservatives when those elites say conservative policies will be good for everyone, or at least the top 60%.

We used to have a genuine 1%er conservative on this board. But Sic'Em has found better things to do with his trust fund.
    I have to disagree, living in Kansas with a very strong union presence, all of our friends are rightwings and each and everyone of them bitterly complains about how much union workers make and how it is killing the companies. Never mind they have never worked for anyone who had a union. Hell, even the guys who worked at these plants hated unions.

vCash

I have to disagree, living in Kansas with a very strong union presence, all of our friends are rightwings and each and everyone of them bitterly complains about how much union workers make and how it is killing the companies. Never mind they have never worked for anyone who had a union. Hell, even the guys who worked at these plants hated unions.
    Thank you Readers Digest, at least in the 1960's and '70's. For just ONE example of anti-union propaganda.

It's not the workers, union or otherwise, who have screwed up our economy. It's the parasitic crony capitalists. Wall Streeters aren't just parasites that dip their beaks in the passing stream, letting the host continue on as before. No, they are the Toxoplasma gondii of our economy, changing the behavior of the whole so it benefits them while wrecking the larger economy.

[/rant]

More epicycles!

vCash

Thank you Readers Digest, at least in the 1960's and '70's. For just ONE example of anti-union propaganda.

It's not the workers, union or otherwise, who have screwed up our economy. It's the parasitic crony capitalists. Wall Streeters aren't just parasites that dip their beaks in the passing stream, letting the host continue on as before. No, they are the Toxoplasma gondii of our economy, changing the behavior of the whole so it benefits them while wrecking the larger economy.

[/rant]
    Thank you readers digest? I was making the point the rank and file conservatives do want to have lower wages, they just think it should be someone else's not theirs.

I agree with what you are saying. These same people who think a guy on the factory floor making 40-50k a year is massively overpaid, but some wall street type who brings in millions if not billions not only earned but is entitled to it.

vCash

Thank you readers digest? I was making the point the rank and file conservatives do want to have lower wages, they just think it should be someone else's not theirs.

I agree with what you are saying. These same people who think a guy on the factory floor making 40-50k a year is massively overpaid, but some wall street type who brings in millions if not billions not only earned but is entitled to it.
    Every issue of Reader's Digest back then had an article about how unions were thuggish, churly, dangerous, and uncouth. I think it's natural to hate on parasites; I don't think it's natural to hate on other people who are working for a living - they had to be propagandized into it.

More epicycles!