Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

OU Louisiana Tech game

Would anyone know if now that the Sooner's first game with Louisiana Tech is a sellout, would there be any chance that the game would be shown through any market(s) other than PPV? Can it be picked up elsewhere in the media markets or is there a binding contract already in place that requires paying to see the game? Would love to see the game, but really don't want to knuckle under to PPV..Thanks in advance..

Boomer
    Last edited by vtsooner21; 8/12/2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Prefer this edit

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Louisiana Tech game

I, too find it annoying, but:
    1) It's probably waaaay too late for the Univ to change any broadcast deal.
    2) It's OU football after a long dry spell and it costs $40. Get a house load of people, have them bring the beer salsa and chips and make a party of it.
    Yes, it sucks, make the best of it.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

To my understanding, OU's contract is to have one PPV game per year, so this is the one. Find a sports bar, find a friend's house, or just plunk down the $40, because it's still cheaper than even a nosebleed face value ticket

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Or wait about 24 hours and tape it off of FSSW for free...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

BLASPHEMY!

Miss the first game, live? For a funeral or work, yes. Otherwise? NEVER!

My children can go hungry, my dog can get his water out of the toilet, but, during those hours, I WILL be watching the Sooners.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    BLASPHEMY!

Miss the first game, live? For a funeral or work, yes. Otherwise? NEVER!

My children can go hungry, my dog can get his water out of the toilet, but, during those hours, I WILL be watching the Sooners.
    Hell I'd gladly pay 40 bucks EVERY game to be able to see OU play. Beats the hell out of the 500 bucks a weekend it was costing me to Go to Norman for the weekend and buy a ticket.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Or wait about 24 hours and tape it off of FSSW for free...
    Yes, if you have to go to daughter's ballet, are in a coma or your wife is just nagging you too much while saying "The Sooners play EVERY weekend!" then yes, tape for free next day

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Yes, if you have to go to daughter's ballet, are in a coma or your wife is just nagging you too much while saying "The Sooners play EVERY weekend!" then yes, tape for free next day
    Bout the only one ya mentioned that would keep me from watchin is if Im in a coma !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder if Manny Diaz is happy about his gig at la tech.

vCash

Beats unemployment.

vCash

Yeah, being in Vermont makes a trip for the Louisiana Tech game a bit much. But I WILL be in Norman for the Tennessee game along with my son, who has never been to Memorial Stadium...What is the saying? "Priceless!"? Was hoping that as a sellout, they may broadcast elsewhere, but I understand the mess with PPV. Really conflicted as I'm not one to ante up for TV, but it is the Sooners after all. I do have Fox Sports Channels & I'm hoping that they will carry the game sometime soon afterward. See you all 9/13....(I'll bring the chips & salsa to the tailgate...)
    Boomer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I think thats thru SoonerSports TV not sure. Direct aint ever charged much over 40 bucks for the PPV game

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I think thats thru SoonerSports TV not sure. Direct aint ever charged much over 40 bucks for the PPV game
    Yeah, it's soonersports.tv price. The price from the cable providers is, I guess, left to them. Since I only get it online, that's what I'd be stuck with (not paying it).

My memory may be off, but I'm pretty sure this is a $10 increase over last year's soonersports.tv price. That's some healthy inflation.

Edit: more than $10. It was $44.99 with a subscription to SST for the football season. I think the PPV alone was $39.99.
    Last edited by SoonerMarkVA; 8/15/2014 at 09:43 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Yeah, it's soonersports.tv price. The price from the cable providers is, I guess, left to them. Since I only get it online, that's what I'd be stuck with (not paying it).

My memory may be off, but I'm pretty sure this is a $10 increase over last year's soonersports.tv price. That's some healthy inflation.

Edit: more than $10. It was $44.99 with a subscription to SST for the football season. I think the PPV alone was $39.99.
    Mark, In the past some folks found a way to stream it free. Dont know how tho.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Mark, In the past some folks found a way to stream it free. Dont know how tho.
    I'll be looking, but so far I've never had any luck with free streams on PPV. All the regular broadcasts I can find.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

If I don't pay to watch it live, you'll know I'm in my grave...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    Would anyone know if now that the Sooner's first game with Louisiana Tech is a sellout, would there be any chance that the game would be shown through any market(s) other than PPV? Can it be picked up elsewhere in the media markets or is there a binding contract already in place that requires paying to see the game? Would love to see the game, but really don't want to knuckle under to PPV..Thanks in advance..

Boomer
    You're in the same situation I'm in (out of state, and not in the PPV coverage area). You have three choices:

1. Find a bar that is picking up the game (maybe check to see if there's an OU Club in your area).
    2. Find a website that will stream the game (like Front Row sports). The problem with that is that it can be very inconsistent (since it's illegal), and a lot of the sites that offer it are loaded with viruses/spyware.
    3. Purchase the PPV on SoonerSportsTV ($50). You can stream it on your PC (or do like I do and run an HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV).

Good luck.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

4. Fly to OK and go to the game - only a little more $$ than the PPV

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    4. Fly to OK and go to the game - only a little more $$ than the PPV
    5. Stay away from all college football broadcast on Saturday and Sunday, then find the replay on the innerwebs for free on Monday.