Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oooh The Cops killed a Black boy Lets go loot sompun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    I have no love for the police. Their story is so full of ****. I don't believe them for a second. They've released zero details. They asked a different squad to review the case. They've refused to release the officers name. Shady as can be. As always, the police suck, they have no accountability to anyone (especially the citizens that pay for their salaries) and in their current form are a colossal waste of money.

Not that that means you should go riot and destroy other people's property.
    I kind of agree to a point. I know some cops and I work in an urban area. It would suck on a day to day basis putting up with that $hit. On the other hand, they are paid to be fair...

I'm assuming they are not releasing his name right now due to the tension. His house would burn in a second if they did. I just was pointing out that there are two sides, one might be full of crap but until everything is gathered who knows. I was telling the GF that is the kid got shot as he was running away then the cop should be charged with something.

The main issue is the excuse to riot. Now folks are saying it's just a bunch of bad people looking for an excuse, not justice. Well, I don't hear any leaders, or the family saying to chill...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    well of course the media feeds it all out.....

the first "interviews" were of the folks all down there. "we weren't doing anything"..."just walking"..."no gun, nothing" "he was a good kid, going to college"...

then the chief's press release: "the victim pushed the officer back into the car..there was a struggle for his gun...at least one shot was fired within the car...more shots after outside the vehicle"...

hmmm....just a little different story~
    Yep, "more shots after outside the vehicle"

. . . into the back of the victim.

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/eyew..._for_his_life/
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Yep, "more shots after outside the vehicle"

. . . into the back of the victim.

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/eyew..._for_his_life/
    Will it be Ok if I wait till the Official autopsy report? I tend to not believe EYE witness's they LIE.
    Plus ya got to ax yerself whats in it for this "Witness"?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Plus I aint gonna Take to heart anything from a Lib/Progressive slanted site.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Plus I aint gonna Take to heart anything from a Lib/Progressive slanted site.
    Well hell no! Like I wouldn't believe anything by Grover Nordquist . . .

But do you think the police are going to let loose of an autopsy report that implicates them?

What I want to know is why are there 16 posts on this thread about property damage and 6 about an 18 year old guy getting killed?

More epicycles!

vCash

Well hell no! Like I wouldn't believe anything by Grover Nordquist . . .

But do you think the police are going to let loose of an autopsy report that implicates them?

What I want to know is why are there 16 posts on this thread about property damage and 6 about an 18 year old guy getting killed?
    Prolly cause the thread was started about LOOTING.
    The Feds are investigating. the Autopsy will come out.
    Where is your outrage when the cops kill a white guy? Or Blacks gang up and kill whites?

vCash

Now Back to the Looting

Sooner Starter
    vCash

is able
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I kind of agree to a point. I know some cops and I work in an urban area. It would suck on a day to day basis putting up with that $hit. On the other hand, they are paid to be fair...

I'm assuming they are not releasing his name right now due to the tension. His house would burn in a second if they did. I just was pointing out that there are two sides, one might be full of crap but until everything is gathered who knows. I was telling the GF that is the kid got shot as he was running away then the cop should be charged with something.

The main issue is the excuse to riot. Now folks are saying it's just a bunch of bad people looking for an excuse, not justice. Well, I don't hear any leaders, or the family saying to chill...

Word on the street here in the Lou is that the cops name was held back until he could get his family out of town. To me, since I live here, this is believable due to the crime. Almost nightly news reports of someone being shot. North county (near Ferguson) has become more in the news than E. St. Louis. This may be due to the news people are afraid to go to E. St. Louis. It's not a good place to go. The QT didn't get set on fire, it was burned to the ground. The roof was laying on the floor. I saw it mentioned about the guy with the rag on his face. Did anyone notice teh gun in his belt? I am sure that the autopsy report will answer a lot of questions and I do not believe that the facts will be covered up there. It is sad that this kid was killed and it is unfortunate that this has all happened. There is no excuse for the looting. H*ll, a year or 2 ago there were 5 kids shot and killed at an E. St. Louis night club and it barely made the news 1 night. A fight breaks out inside and the bouncers kick them out. The story is they didn't want to leave because what was going to happen outside. They were trying to get back in when they were gunned down. Maybe there is more to this story. I hope the FBI is able to put the story together and if the cop is indeed guilty of murder, he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If innocent, well, nothing will change. The stores were still looted and the damage done and an 18 year old is still dead. The hood is a tough place to live and die!
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!

vCash

Prolly cause the thread was started about LOOTING.
    The Feds are investigating. the Autopsy will come out.
    Where is your outrage when the cops kill a white guy? Or Blacks gang up and kill whites?
    I'm outraged at the whole gamut of out of control policing - from asset forfeiture to SWAT teams looking for overdue student loans to the fact that killing family dogs is now SOP to breaking up OWS to stop and frisk to the killing of young men of any race to DoD giving police departments military gear from MRAPs on down.

I hope you're right that the fed LE will impartially investigate the Ferguson MO LE actions. Justice is done sometimes. For one, Justin Volpe is in prison until 2025. The bigger problem is that no one seems to be able to change the system to prevent these killings.

Which is worse? Murder by the police, who are supposedly representing all of us, or property damage and theft by people who represent, and are shaming, only themselves?

More epicycles!

vCash

I'm outraged at the whole gamut of out of control policing - from asset forfeiture to SWAT teams looking for overdue student loans to the fact that killing family dogs is now SOP to breaking up OWS to stop and frisk to the killing of young men of any race to DoD giving police departments military gear from MRAPs on down.

I hope you're right that the fed LE will impartially investigate the Ferguson MO LE actions. Justice is done sometimes. For one, Justin Volpe is in prison until 2025. The bigger problem is that no one seems to be able to change the system to prevent these killings.

Which is worse? Murder by the police, who are supposedly representing all of us, or property damage and theft by people who represent, and are shaming, only themselves?
    Never fear, Obammy done told Holder to get the Justice department on it Pronto.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLMSOONER View Post
    is able

Word on the street here in the Lou is that the cops name was held back until he could get his family out of town. To me, since I live here, this is believable due to the crime. Almost nightly news reports of someone being shot. North county (near Ferguson) has become more in the news than E. St. Louis. This may be due to the news people are afraid to go to E. St. Louis. It's not a good place to go. The QT didn't get set on fire, it was burned to the ground. The roof was laying on the floor. I saw it mentioned about the guy with the rag on his face. Did anyone notice teh gun in his belt? I am sure that the autopsy report will answer a lot of questions and I do not believe that the facts will be covered up there. It is sad that this kid was killed and it is unfortunate that this has all happened. There is no excuse for the looting. H*ll, a year or 2 ago there were 5 kids shot and killed at an E. St. Louis night club and it barely made the news 1 night. A fight breaks out inside and the bouncers kick them out. The story is they didn't want to leave because what was going to happen outside. They were trying to get back in when they were gunned down. Maybe there is more to this story. I hope the FBI is able to put the story together and if the cop is indeed guilty of murder, he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If innocent, well, nothing will change. The stores were still looted and the damage done and an 18 year old is still dead. The hood is a tough place to live and die!
    E St Louis has been one of the worst places in the US for over 50 years...even when I went through there in 1962. Unfortunately things haven't changed much for the better.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    E St Louis has been one of the worst places in the US for over 50 years...even when I went through there in 1962. Unfortunately things haven't changed much for the better.
    Heh, His Momma say he be a Good boy, fixin to go to college and sh1t . yet when asked . she couldnt NAME the college. What a Good Mamma

vCash

Heh, His Momma say he be a Good boy, fixin to go to college and sh1t . yet when asked . she couldnt NAME the college. What a Good Mamma
    Maybe he was like that fine young man that robbed Erslan and has been in and out of jail ever since.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Maybe he was like that fine young man that robbed Erslan and has been in and out of jail ever since.
    I thought about that case as well when this happened, but I moved away shortly after. Whatever happened to Erslan? I knew he went to jail at first, but what was the outcome?

okie52, yes E. St. Louis has been bad for a long time. You really don't here a lot about it around here. It's mostly north county the last few years. Like I said Ijust figure no one goes down there. I work less than mile from E. St. Louis. I just don't go to work night.

vCash

I thought about that case as well when this happened, but I moved away shortly after.
    Whatever happened to Erslan?
    I knew he went to jail at first, but what was the outcome?

okie52, yes E. St. Louis has been bad for a long time. You really don't here a lot about it around here. It's mostly north county the last few years. Like I said Ijust figure no one goes down there. I work less than mile from E. St. Louis. I just don't go to work night.
    He got Life and has since Lost his appeal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma...ng-of-suspect/

http://newsok.com/ersland-gets-life-...rticle/3584664

vCash

I thought about that case as well when this happened, but I moved away shortly after. Whatever happened to Erslan? I knew he went to jail at first, but what was the outcome?

Erslan got life for 2nd degree murder (I think that was the charge). The kid I'm talking about was a minor and was released at 18 and said he wanted to be a counselor before he was arrested another 2 times.

When I was 10 in 1962 the people I was riding with told me to roll up the windows and lock the doors when we drove through E St. Louis on our way to granite city, Il. Said people (blacks I assume) with hammers would knock out your windows and rob and kill you. That was the 1st time I had ever been told that when I was driving through a town so it made an impression on me. I also learned in St Louis you don't take their subway/transit system at night unless the blues, rams or Cards are playing. I'm a big St Louis fan by the way and I'm sorry to see the downtown have those problems.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Erslan got life for 2nd degree murder (I think that was the charge). The kid I'm talking about was a minor and was released at 18 and said he wanted to be a counselor before he was arrested another 2 times.

When I was 10 in 1962 the people I was riding with told me to roll up the windows and lock the doors when we drove through E St. Louis on our way to granite city, Il. Said people (blacks I assume) with hammers would knock out your windows and rob and kill you. That was the 1st time I had ever been told that when I was driving through a town so it made an impression on me. I also learned in St Louis you don't take their subway/transit system at night unless the blues, rams or Cards are playing. I'm a big St Louis fan by the way and I'm sorry to see the downtown have those problems.
    When I first moved here a few years ago, I was staying in Collinsville IL and I had to run to work about 10pm one night. I took a wrong turn off of I255 and ended up smack dab in the middle of E. STL. No street lights, no stop lights (all stop signs), very little traffic and random people around. I looked straight ahead, slowed down at the stop signs but never stopped. I drove straight through the heart of E. STL until I could see car lights on a hiway and then found a way to get to it. It was 64 E. Never made that mistake again. Even Washington Street by the Edwards Jones Dome is not the best place to be at night.

vCash

When I first moved here a few years ago, I was staying in Collinsville IL and I had to run to work about 10pm one night. I took a wrong turn off of I255 and ended up smack dab in the middle of E. STL. No street lights, no stop lights (all stop signs), very little traffic and random people around. I looked straight ahead, slowed down at the stop signs but never stopped. I drove straight through the heart of E. STL until I could see car lights on a hiway and then found a way to get to it. It was 64 E. Never made that mistake again. Even Washington Street by the Edwards Jones Dome is not the best place to be at night.
    Do you like living in St. Louis area?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Do you like living in St. Louis area?
    I do like it here. I live in south county so a ways away from the nonsense. But, you can find trouble about anywhere if that is what you are looking for. It's unfortunate because St. Louis is a great town with lots of culture and diversity. Lot's of things to do. Really enjoy Ram's games even though they haven't been that great. But they are improving. I will be glad to see Sam back this year even though most Ram's fans do not like him. Tough crowd here unless it is about the Cards or Blues.

vCash

I do like it here. I live in south county so a ways away from the nonsense. But, you can find trouble about anywhere if that is what you are looking for. It's unfortunate because St. Louis is a great town with lots of culture and diversity. Lot's of things to do. Really enjoy Ram's games even though they haven't been that great. But they are improving. I will be glad to see Sam back this year even though most Ram's fans do not like him. Tough crowd here unless it is about the Cards or Blues.
    The cards are the icons for sure. Truly a top baseball city in the country...maybe the best and the cards have an awfully good franchise for the last 90 years. Blues get a lot of love too even though they've never won a championship.

The fans were tough on Warner in his later years there and Sam hasn't been with a very good team in his first 4 years. They've been drafting a lot of talent the last 4-5 years so hopefully it shows up this year.