Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

So, no more Justin.TV...now what? for you all overseas..

Just received a notice form JustinTV...they are closing down basically.

Living overseas I have enjoy my $10 a month "Pro" account. Watch so many game, just loved it.

We do have ESPN, Fox Sports here in Thailand but they of course do not show all the Sooner games...1 or 2 though a season.

I do have internet stream radio and can watch the game on youtube next day...all is not lost...but still.

Any other JustinTV types that you all use. or? the "Pro" account was so great....

Will join SoonerSportTV again and hear the games.....any ideas?

Do not want to use a device (forgot the name) that is hooked up to a TV in the USA and I watch it here...just want something (and paying is fine)
    like Justin...

Thanks everyone..
    Last edited by sendbaht; 8/10/2014 at 10:05 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So, no more Justin.TV...now what? for you all overseas..

Talk to aziansooner. Pretty sure he's a troll but ya never know.

vCash

google first row sports and see where they have moved their domain to for now...

be sure to secure your browser first or use a computer you don't care about. too many wrong clicks and the malware can fly. blocking scripts and flash and only loading what is really needed is the only way to go. if the stream says you need to disable adblock, etc... find another one

and i think slingbox is the device you are looking for

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I second yermom's advice. First row sports has basically every game on except PPV. If you watch on Chrome or Firefox with Ad Blocker Plus (ABP) on, you should be good. But be warned, ABP is *critical*.

One bit of advice, though. One of the feeds got very tricky and started feeding their ads through tinyurl.com. No subscription for ABP is going to block tinyurl.com, and of course that was just a redirect to the real ad server, whatever it was. Once I figured out what was going on (and it wasn't easy) I added tinyurl.com to my blacklist in ABP and poof--the feed was back to working. This is important because the feed in question is the one that's always there. So for more popular games, there are multiple feeds and you can just pick another one. But if you're watching OU/ISU or something like that, it's very possible there will only be the one feed, and it was the one pulling the tinyurl.com trick. Anyway, now you know.

Once you have ABP set up properly, the site is great to use.

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

USTVNow is what I'm using. You can get the basic network channels for free. There are a variety of pay packages that include a DVR. I can't justify the expense to the wife because I frankly only use the site for college football and am already paying extra here for the UK version of ESPN for that same purpose. So if you do the pay route, let me know how that works out. The free service has been great for me, reliable decent enough resolution. Since the broadcast tends to be from the Midwest, you have a good chance of getting the OU game on Fox if it's a lower Tier game, or a network for a bigger game.

If the game isn't being broadcast there, you will just have to hunt down the latest incarnation of firstrow and do your best to not get a virus installed on your machine (I use a modified host file with my own updates, and that works pretty well).

[commentary]It's really sad that in this day and age, with the internet making so many possibilities a reality, that they couldn't figure out a way to let those of us, who are obviously willing to pay, have our own stream of the particular games we want to see, irrespective of whatever is going on in the U.S.. Amazing really. [/commentary]
    Last edited by ouflak; 8/11/2014 at 02:48 AM.

vCash

the problem is that i doubt there is that much money, comparatively, to be made

it's not like HBO where lots of people want the same content

you need to recruit more people from fake football

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    the problem is that i doubt there is that much money, comparatively, to be made

it's not like HBO where lots of people want the same content

you need to recruit more people from fake football
    Yeah, but how much money would it cost them to offer it? I mean we can probably find some way, both legal (USTVNow) or illegal (Firstrow) to stream the stuff anyway. I know it's not cost-free for them, but I've got to think it's the closest thing to a small slow printing press for money that you can get. Charge a monthly fee, provide a link only available to those outside of the TV broadcast area, sit back and do nothing. Almost free money. Maybe not much, but some.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouflak View Post
    Yeah, but how much money would it cost them to offer it? I mean we can probably find some way, both legal (USTVNow) or illegal (Firstrow) to stream the stuff anyway. I know it's not cost-free for them, but I've got to think it's the closest thing to a small slow printing press for money that you can get. Charge a monthly fee, provide a link only available to those outside of the TV broadcast area, sit back and do nothing. Almost free money. Maybe not much, but some.
    I think it'll happen, just not sure how long we'll have to wait. You'd think the conferences would work through their broadcast partners to make it available. I will get the SEC Network, but if I didn't I would gladly pay a subscription to have it available on the device of my choosing during the season.

I've noticed that more and more networks are making their live streams available (via your cable service), so I do think things are trending that way. Once they find a way to make real money from it, it'll happen quickly.

vCash

generally you have to already pay for ESPN to be able to stream though, right?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

Thanks all for posting helpful reply's...love my Sooner family....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

look up firstrowsports or vipbox or wiziwig. Those are the best sites for streaming games. They may or may not stream the PPV game.
    "Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more" - Neil Peart

Administrator
    vCash

generally you have to already pay for ESPN to be able to stream though, right?
    Yeah, that's the way it works now.

My thinking is that someday, you'll be able to purchase specific conference or network packages. Of course you'll have to pay, but you'll get to customize what you want to see live.

vCash

it's the cable companies stopping that now. ESPN would love to sell you just online access but then tons of people would drop their cable service. ESPN/college football is the only reason i'm about to have cable again

vCash

it's the cable companies stopping that now. ESPN would love to sell you just online access but then tons of people would drop their cable service. ESPN/college football is the only reason i'm about to have cable again
    Yup. Ima have my Direct suspended again this year after the season is over.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !