Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OU - Texas game questions

We are going to our first OU-Texas game and I'm having trouble finding affordable seats, 3 together.

1. What are the best affordable sections?
    2. With TX side tickets being cheaper, would you sit in these sections if it was your only choice?
    3. Are there normally activities scheduled for fans Friday night before the game?

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Loren

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: OU - Texas game questions

I attended last year and sat in the Texas end near the "OU seats". The top 12 or so rows directly behind the goal post are "OU seats" to compensate for seats not available due to the tunnel. I was apprehensive. Wife and I are over 60. We were not planning on jeering Texass fans. Everyone left us alone. The guy directly ahead of us was an obnoxious Texass fan; aside from his loud mouth, he left us alone and did not return for 2nd half. The worst thing that happened to us at the Fairgrounds and in the stadium was that Texass fans would turn their heads and look to the side as we approached in our OU gear. Kind of funny because it happened all day; they just turned their heads and looked to the side as they walked toward us. Got our tickets on StubHub for about $110 which was pretty cheap for this game but Texas was off to a poor start on their season.

vCash

Aint been to a Saxet game in well over 30 years. I think the Last one was when Marcus ran fer the End zone. then seemed to keep on running home to Mississippi.

Seemed to be not as much fun for the weekend when they started restricting Commerce street.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Upper ends sell for less than lower ends.... Both ends are less than sides of course. Texas side is bearable, but I would recommend the OU side. Last year a ton of OU fans scooped up Texas tickets for cheap, which made it easier to sit on their side. They did get a little stupid when we forgot how to run the ball though. Anything above 2 together will cost you. You'd save a ton of cash if 2 sat together, and 1 sat alone. Or even more if all 3 sat alone. There are a few events Friday evenings. Some cost in the $30 range, some are free. Just remember not to get too rowdy if it's an 11am game, which is usually is. Any other questions just holler!
    wonderin where SIA is with my beer and change for my $20!?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Lots to do on Friday night in Dallas. Avoid Commerce St unless you want to be arrested b/c of something stupid the idiots near you are up to. I would never sit in the Texas section, but I know a couple who always make a point of doing just that. For me, dealing with the occasional smack talk or item pitched in your general direction is ok but I don't want to deal with that the entire game from all sides.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Taa
    Quote Originally Posted by azheat4u View Post
    We are going to our first OU-Texas game and I'm having trouble finding affordable seats, 3 together.

1. What are the best affordable sections?
    2. With TX side tickets being cheaper, would you sit in these sections if it was your only choice?
    3. Are there normally activities scheduled for fans Friday night before the game?

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Loren
    Wait until you see how Texas plays before the OU game. You may get lesser priced tickets from Texas if the UT team does not play for Strong, and the fans will be dumping them. Get the Texas side tickets, then come over on the OU side and trade with the Texas fans that are on the OU side. There are always "OU fans" that sell their tickets to the highest bidder, instead of supporting OUr team and going to the game!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Yeah, after the way they played vs ISU (nearly lost) the tickets got very cheap on Texas side last year Sadly, OU could not take advantage of the lopsided crowd. Grrrrr