Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

#3 to start the Coaches Poll

I'd prefer to be lower, but I'll take it.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...es-poll-073114

vCash
    I haven't been this stoked for a football season since the Bradford years.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: #3 to start the Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    I haven't been this stoked for a football season since the Bradford years.
    Heh. God I love a good backhanded Landry slam!

Well Played, Sir!
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

So, only FSU and we got first place votes. But Bama winds up #2. Consolation prize for getting rolled in the Sugar Bowl.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Heh. God I love a good backhanded Landry slam!

Well Played, Sir!
    I'll give LJ a shout-out - I was pretty stoked before the '11 season. And before we lost Whaley and Broyles, it was a darn good team.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Georgia not in the top ten. I guess they won't have as far to fall this season then.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    So, only FSU and we got first place votes. But Bama winds up #2. Consolation prize for getting rolled in the Sugar Bowl.
    No, FSU got 56 of 62 votes and OU got 3, so there were 3 more votes to spread around. I'll bet Bama got 1 or 2.

Both OU and Bama are different teams this year and not to hard to understand Bama's ranking given the last 4-5 consecutive recruiting hauls. OU's ranking is more speculative, IMO.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

We kicked bammers ***, they lose their QB, they're ranked ahead of us. Pfft.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    We kicked bammers ***, they lose their QB, they're ranked ahead of us. Pfft.
    You sound like LSU fans claiming they kicked our *** after the '03 season. In both cases, I saw a close game. But if you really live in AL, I can understand feeling that way - surrounded by the enemy.

vCash

They are not gonna be better than last year sporting a new qb. We are gonna be better. Whats hard to understand about that?

vCash

And why the heck would I say I live in Alabama if I did not, Bouldersooner, if that is your real name...? lol.

vCash

They are not gonna be better than last year sporting a new qb. We are gonna be better. Whats hard to understand about that?
    It's speculated we will be better* with a whole new set of RBs and WR (plus Shepard), new center, Colvin replacement, etc. I'm as optimistic as any fan it will happen, but still speculation.

*by better, I mean better than last year. I'm not comparing to Bama because I don't follow them closely. I just know they are 2 deep at every position with highly recruited players and a proven HC.

vCash

Fair enough. But I really hate them.

vCash

Fair enough. But I really hate them.
    And there's nothing wrong with that. I lived in Boulder in '07 when we suffered what I think is Stoop's worst loss as far as how inferior the CU team was. I got grief at work for that one. Fortunately, CU fans are not rabid ala Bama fans, so it was pretty much forgotten in a couple of weeks.

vCash

I'm not a Bama fan, but it wouldn't be shocking if they're not better. Their old QB, whatever the hell his name was, was not a playmaker, nor in anyway what you'd call a dynamic player. He was simply steady and dependable. If they get dynamic QB play, and it's hard to predict, they could in fact be better on the offensive side of the ball.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with that. I lived in Boulder in '07 when we suffered what I think is Stoop's worst loss as far as how inferior the CU team was. I got grief at work for that one. Fortunately, CU fans are not rabid ala Bama fans, so it was pretty much forgotten in a couple of weeks.
    It being Boulder and CU fans, they probably forgot about it after the next time they toked up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mainline13 View Post
    It being Boulder and CU fans, they probably forgot about it after the next time they toked up.
    And there is nothing wrong with that either. Lots of things to do in Boulder which is why I lived there for 30 years. I miss it for about 6-7 months of the year, but don't miss that winter. Never smoked any weed there as I got that out of my system in good 'ol Norman, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    You sound like LSU fans claiming they kicked our *** after the '03 season. In both cases, I saw a close game. But if you really live in AL, I can understand feeling that way - surrounded by the enemy.
    It was a good close game. That's why nicky's little comments lately are asinine.

I prefer Bama starting over us. I wish we were lower like the OP. Puts a chip on the guy's shoulders again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Been reading articles about how we are the trendy "overrated in the preseason" pick by the media. I hate the offseason. Preseason, whatever. One team is the favorite one week, then the next, someone has to distinguish themselves by disagreeing, then the lemmings follow. And not a snap has been played. I can't not read sports articles b/c by this time of the year I'm desperate for any football-related content, but I can literally feel myself getting dumber with each new article I finish.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

McCarron was the bama equivalent of Steve Davis, those championships were due to outstanding defense and an offense that didn't lose games. Please note I am only talking about the tide teams now, not comparing the Sooner teams of the mid-70's to them, I am commenting about A.J. While their 2014 QB may not have as pretty gf, he could easily be better and their offensive stats improve. But being his first year as starter, the odds are he will make more mistakes and thus the increased potential to cause a loss.