Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

second quarter GDP 4%

So no one is going to post the good news?

Second quarter gdp 4%, first quarter raised to -2.1%.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101878728

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: second quarter GDP 4%

Thanks to the Federal Reserve and it's insane QE policy. Without Federal Reserve pumping and money printing the economy would have grown only $900 billion since 2008.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ederal-reserve

And before you embarrass yourself with another invective-laced tirade just answer this question: If the economy is so f'ing great why doesn't the Fed stop the QE program now?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

4% today....what will the number be in a few weeks when the number is 'revised'?

Bait and switch? Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    4% today....what will the number be in a few weeks when the number is 'revised'?

Bait and switch? Again?
    You're right. The numbers don't mean a thing. And this isn't a partisan issue. Both the GOP and Democrats hide behind manipulated government issued statistics.

Remember, the Federal Reserve balance sheet is now approaching $ 5 trillion dollars. Take that away and where would this economy be?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post

Bait and switch? Again?
    gdp numbers are always revised. Where was this when 1st qrt gpd was being reported at -2.9? All I heard was obama is ruining America.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You're right. The numbers don't mean a thing. And this isn't a partisan issue. Both the GOP and Democrats hide behind manipulated government issued statistics.

Remember, the Federal Reserve balance sheet is now approaching $ 5 trillion dollars. Take that away and where would this economy be?
    Hey tell me again how romney is going to win the election! You people don't believe anything that is contrary to your narrow thinking. remember bush was at 1.69% over his term.d

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    gdp numbers are always revised. Where was this when 1st qrt gpd was being reported at -2.9? All I heard was obama is ruining America.
    If the economy is doing so well why doesn't the Federal Reserve end their QE purchases of $75 billion in US debt each month?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

All I know is that during the Bush 8 years, my personal financials were stagnant, my company was not doing well (and thus my job security was not good). In the 6 Obama years, my company is thriving, my job is secure at the moment and my personal net worth has quadrupled. I'm not a big Obama fan, and much of this may be coincidence, but it's hard to ignore the bottom line since it is a big factor in taking care of my family. I do have fears like everyone else that it's all QE smoke and mirrors and could collapse any day. But I didn't have much to collapse 6 years ago, so I'll cope with that risk for now.

vCash

If the economy is doing so well why doesn't the Federal Reserve end their QE purchases of $75 billion in US debt each month?
    They have slowly reduced the buy back...it is down to 35 billion per month....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    They have slowly reduced the buy back...it is down to 35 billion per month....
    If you're talking about the mortgage backed bonds, they just reduced to 25 billion per month and expect to halt it in a few months.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    If you're talking about the mortgage backed bonds, they just reduced to 25 billion per month and expect to halt it in a few months.
    Yes, sorry...treasuries down 5 billion to 30

vCash

In march the Fed cut monthly mortgage bond purchases to $20 billion from $25 billion and Treasury purchases will drop to $25 billion a month from $30 billion. I cant find a breakout for the $35b.

vCash

All I know is that during the Bush 8 years, my personal financials were stagnant, my company was not doing well (and thus my job security was not good). In the 6 Obama years, my company is thriving, my job is secure at the moment and my personal net worth has quadrupled. I'm not a big Obama fan, and much of this may be coincidence, but it's hard to ignore the bottom line since it is a big factor in taking care of my family. I do have fears like everyone else that it's all QE smoke and mirrors and could collapse any day. But I didn't have much to collapse 6 years ago, so I'll cope with that risk for now.
    What sector is your company in, if you don't mind me asking?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    In march the Fed cut monthly mortgage bond purchases to $20 billion from $25 billion and Treasury purchases will drop to $25 billion a month from $30 billion. I cant find a breakout for the $35b.
    And of course we know that this happening because we are able to read the detailed audit reports of the Fed. Oh wait, the Fed isn't audited. We will just have to take their word for it.

The Fed has a balance sheet of nearly $5 trillion. It will be intersting to see what happens to the value of their debt they hold once interest rates start rising.

vCash

What sector is your company in, if you don't mind me asking?
    Large, silicon valley technology company. Judging by the number of head hunter calls I get, many high tech companies are thriving out here, or at least competing for workers.

vCash

Are they publicly traded companies?

vCash

Are they publicly traded companies?
    The company I work for? Yes. The companies that call - both yes and no. Google, Apple, Cisco, etc. and many startups.

vCash

With all due respect I hope you have set aside a large
    rainy day fund because the recent economic "boom"
    has all been due to trillions pumped into the economy
    by the Fed ..... a large percentage of that ended up in
    the stock market and the coffers of publicly trade companies.

We'll see what happens as the Fed takes away the free punch
    punch bowl they've been supping for 5 years. Already the stock
    market is starting to show signs of withdrawal.

vCash

With all due respect I hope you have set aside a large
    rainy day fund because the recent economic "boom"
    has all been due to trillions pumped into the economy
    by the Fed ..... a large percentage of that ended up in
    the stock market and the coffers of publicly trade companies.

We'll see what happens as the Fed takes away the free punch
    punch bowl they've been supping for 5 years. Already the stock
    market is starting to show signs of withdrawal.
    Yes, I'm invested pretty conservatively since I'll be hitting 60 when
    the next POTUS takes office (unless the impeachment crowd somehow
    gets their way). And I said my job is secure "for now" for a reason: there
    is no such thing as job security in high tech. I know it could all be
    from happenstance, but I made no progress towards being able to retire
    before death during the previous administration and now I have a plan
    that at least is plausible to retire in 5 years unless the bottom falls out as
    you say. Again, I know it could be unrelated to who is in office, but I've only
    been able to accumulate any savings during the Clinton and Obama years and
    was stagnant doing the Bush II years. I just hope the last 2 Obama years treat
    me as well as the first 6. The last presidential pub I voted for was Bush I and
    I fear it will be the last one ever unless the grown up pubs can somehow
    expunge themselves of the tea party circus show.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

FaninAma is right. It's all an illusion.

We've really been in Great Depression II since 1991.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)