Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: second quarter GDP 4%

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    FaninAma is right. It's all an illusion.

We've really been in Great Depression II since 1991.
    Then "The Matrix" is for real? That's okay with me if we are all
    really ensconced in a vat of goo living virtual reality dreams. Just
    keep injecting my compartment with images of good weather and
    friendly drivers on my biking route and I'll be fine. Maybe we could
    change the dream to include peace in the middle east, but I doubt
    the computers are sophisticated enough to conjure that one.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Then "The Matrix" is for real? That's okay with me if we are all
    really ensconced in a vat of goo living virtual reality dreams. Just
    keep injecting my compartment with images of good weather and
    friendly drivers on my biking route and I'll be fine. Maybe we could
    change the dream to include peace in the middle east, but I doubt
    the computers are sophisticated enough to conjure that one.
    I'm with you, but for FaninAma and his gloom-and-doom crowd , it's been a 23 year nightmare.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Boulder, I wish you the best on your financial security. San J, I detect some sarcasm in your post. Actually the Fed has fueled several asset bubbles since 1991 but their ability to keep doing this is growing weaker and weaker. We are a year past the 100 year anniversary of the Fed. I think we will see the full impact of their massive currency manipulation by the time their 105th anniversary rolls around.

You can act smug and condescending all you want but answer this question. How much has the stock market appreciated as a yearly % increase since 1999. Here's a hint: it's been less than 3% a year. Now, how much has government and private debt increased over that same period? Hint: it's a lot more than 3% a year. And the negative growth of median income over the last 6 years must really reassure you.

You used to get 4+% a year with a passbook savings account at your local bank. Yep, the Fed has done wonders for the average Joe 6-pack. Actually they have done a wonderful job of helping hedge fund managers and others in the currency/equity/banking market mafia.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 8/1/2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Boulder, I wish you the best on your financial security. San J, I detect some sarcasm in your post. Actually the Fed has fueled several asset bubbles since 1991 but their ability to keep doing this is growing weaker and weaker. We are a year past the 100 year anniversary of the Fed. I think we will see the full impact of their massive currency manipulation by the time their 105th anniversary rolls around.

You can act smug and condescending all you want but answer this question. How much has the stock market appreciated as a yearly % increase since 1999. Here's a hint: it's been less than 3% a year. Now, how much has government and private debt increased over that same period? Hint: it's a lot more than 3% a year. And the negative growth of median income over the last 6 years must really reassure you.

You used to get 4+% a year with a passbook savings account at your local bank. Yep, the Fed has done wonders for the average Joe 6-pack. Actually they have done a wonderful job of helping hedge fund managers and others in the currency/equity/banking market mafia.
    The really sad part is that I make 4% per week trading a very conservative options strategy. I am like Boulder though in that the past 14 years really have seen my income go up 6 times and net worth more than that. Didn't matter if it was Bush or Obama. I am in energy btw. It is why I don't complain that much either.
    Last edited by Skysooner; 8/1/2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Metaphors be with you!