Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Restoring the Positive Vibe...

The Sooner Fan base is anticipating the 2014 season with a great deal of hope. That hasn't changed, for the most part, I'm guessing.

But the Mixon/Molitar episode has certainly cast a shadow on things. Right when all appeared to be so sunny. What will it take to restore normalcy? Or is this pre-season tainted no matter what?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Restoring the Positive Vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    The Sooner Fan base is anticipating the 2014 season with a great deal of hope. That hasn't changed, for the most part, I'm guessing.

But the Mixon/Molitar episode has certainly cast a shadow on things. Right when all appeared to be so sunny. What will it take to restore normalcy? Or is this pre-season tainted no matter what?
    The calendar will soon flip to August and the team will be practicing for real. Everyone will be a sunshine pumper.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

We gonna be lethal. Thank you...Thank you very much.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

It will take practice to start. Yawn.

Administrator
    vCash

Doesn't practice start this week? That'll cure all that ills us.

It's funny, because what we think is a major ordeal may not be much of anything inside the program. That's usually how it works.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

I had a boss once that called mistakes Marvelous Learning Opportunities. Or MLO's. This has been an MLO.

I think this happening now, before practice starts, is a good thing. It's providing an example to some of the young members of the team, of which there are many, that if you're not careful that things can go south in a heartbeat. I hope the leadership on this team hammers that point home.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I had a boss once that called mistakes Marvelous Learning Opportunities. Or MLO's. This has been an MLO.

I think this happening now, before practice starts, is a good thing. It's providing an example to some of the young members of the team, of which there are many, that if you're not careful that things can go south in a heartbeat. I hope the leadership on this team hammers that point home.
    I kinda thought the same thing. I know Stoops does a good job of educating the players about how to behave away from the field, but nothing replaces actual experience. Even if they weren't there when everything went down, just being so close to the situation can have lasting affect.

I think this team's bond is as strong as any I can remember (at least in the past four or five years), and they'll be able to keep distractions from derailing the train. This team has put themselves in a position to be really special, I just hope they prepare/play as well as we think they can.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    This team has put themselves in a position to be really special, I just hope they prepare/play as well as we think they can.
    I've got a really good feeling about this season. We saw major improvements in defense. Bob is gambling again. And not just gambling but converting on the chances he's taking. Young team with a major win against a big name opponent. Mature enough to know what's at stake but still young enough not to feel too pressured.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I've got a really good feeling about this season. We saw major improvements in defense. Bob is gambling again. And not just gambling but converting on the chances he's taking. Young team with a major win against a big name opponent. Mature enough to know what's at stake but still young enough not to feel too pressured.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^We are, after
    all, OKLA-BY GAWD-HOMA! And don't none of ya fergit it!!!!

Mixon/Molitor? That's old news. Nothing is tainted. We will still have a great season, Mixon or not. August 30th can't get here soon enough.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

What a wussy society we have become. Mixon's been accused, not convicted. And accused by a, by all accounts, borderline insane, drug addicted felon of a slut/bitch.
    Is an unsubstantiated accusation from such a person going to ruin your season? Dayum. Don't watch games in bars in Texas.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Oh, I agree with you Kanto. I just wonder how long this episode will dominate sports pages, radio, sites, etc. The Sooners have an opportunity to be very good this yr, wussified society or not!

vCash

I just want our guys to be three games better than last year. I don't ask for much.

vCash

I'm less greedy. I just want our guys to play one more game than last year and win the finale.

vCash

I'm even more reasonable: I want us to win the first game by one point...and then win each following game by an increasing margin...until the end of time. And, oh let's go ahead and go large, I want that last game to be Texas and for their players to be forced onto the field at gunpoint, so great is their terror.

What's not righteous about that?