Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Re: A Late Congrats and Good Luck in 2014

So it takes Bob Stoops comments for your school's program to grow a sack and play a decent OOC opponent?
    LOL ... the OOC mess is a result of our transition into the SEC and Arkansas (10 yr OOC contract) becoming a conference game. Next year we play Arizona St. in Houston, we also have a home and home lined up with Oregon and UCLA coming up. Same thing happened to us in the mid 90's when the Big-12 formed ... we had OOC contracts with Colorado (95 and 96) followed by Nebraska (97 and 98) as well as a contract with LSU thru 97. LSU broke contract following 1995 and the others became conference games which killed our OOC for most of the decade ... really didn't get back on track until 2000 with the start of the Notre Dame home and home. We have generally followed the same OOC template as most schools ... one marquee OOC with the rest being more "buy" home gates. Out "marquee" game, though, got messed up in the change of conferences.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Nyuck nyuck nyuck Arkansas is a marquee game. Only in the minds of the truly SEC brainwashed and Arkansas also of course... which itself is SEC brainwashed so they're doubly dumb on that side of the Illinois River.

I get that you scheduled them before Bobby Petrino crashed his motorcycle, but when you scheduled them, you scheduled them for Jerryworld, not even a home and home. That produced the likes of this (and I know its edited):

A year of "smile" John Smith got them two conference wins and a year of Bret Bielema got them zero. Send them to the Sun Belt

vCash

I get that you scheduled them before Bobby Petrino crashed his motorcycle, but when you scheduled them, you scheduled them for Jerryworld, not even a home and home.
    Arkansas was quite good when the contract was done ... although the whole Jerryworld thing sucked and still does suck. So yes, it was considered a marquee OOC game ... plus it was a throwback to the SWC era which was fun.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Nyuck nyuck nyuck Arkansas is a marquee game. Only in the minds of the truly SEC brainwashed and Arkansas also of course... which itself is SEC brainwashed so they're doubly dumb on that side of the Illinois River.

I get that you scheduled them before Bobby Petrino crashed his motorcycle, but when you scheduled them, you scheduled them for Jerryworld, not even a home and home. That produced the likes of this (and I know its edited):

A year of "smile" John Smith got them two conference wins and a year of Bret Bielema got them zero. Send them to the Sun Belt
    Don't forget that when this was signed, A&M wasn't a great team. Arkansas was up and A&M was down which made this look like a very competitive series. So knocking Arky, is like us knocking the fact that we signed Tennessee as our marquee game. Not A&M fault that ARKY fell and same for us.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm just thankful that Sabanball is safe and sound. The search party had long disbanded and the missing persons report had been filed as a cold case with soonerfans investigators.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRat View Post
    Don't forget that when this was signed, A&M wasn't a great team. Arkansas was up and A&M was down which made this look like a very competitive series. So knocking Arky, is like us knocking the fact that we signed Tennessee as our marquee game. Not A&M fault that ARKY fell and same for us.
    How about some context here? We just finished a series with Notre Dame. Knock away at Tennessee.

vCash

Btw Sabie... it seems Coach Satan has found a worthy apprentice to his dark world operations. An interesting read on the day he left Tennessee.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    How about some context here? We just finished a series with Notre Dame. Knock away at Tennessee.
    I'm not dissing our scheduling. All I am saying is that we schedule the best we can. You can't predict where OU will be in 5 years and you can't predict where our opponent will be. IF you scheduled us in 88 for the 1995 season, you would have thought big time team coming to town. Same as if you scheduled us in 1995 for 2000... Cupcake coming to town that year...
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRat View Post
    I'm not dissing our scheduling. All I am saying is that we schedule the best we can. You can't predict where OU will be in 5 years and you can't predict where our opponent will be. IF you scheduled us in 88 for the 1995 season, you would have thought big time team coming to town. Same as if you scheduled us in 1995 for 2000... Cupcake coming to town that year...
    I was kinda directing that towards anyone wanting to dog Tennesse(cough aTm person).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    I'm sure Texas A&M thought their OOC was filled with the next Boise States???

vCash

I was kinda directing that towards anyone wanting to dog Tennesse(cough aTm person).
    To quote that great American sage of wisdom Bugs Bunny ... "He don't know me very well .. do he?" lol

I'm looking forward to the OU-Tenn game.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

I'm sure Texas A&M thought their OOC was filled with the next Boise States???
    Hey ... Rice was 3-0 last year against teams on OU's schedule this season ... including wins over two of the Sooners OOC opponents. Ok ... that's all I got, lol. Our OOC sucks this year ... all my point is there is a reason for it. Next year we at least have Arizona St and then the home and home with UCLA.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Well I speak for myself when I say fool me 50 or so times, shame on me. So go suck an egg, Sabanball.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    Hey ... AggieAggieJohnnyJohnnySwaggerCopteruncoverblahblah blahwhoooooooopgigthem
    Congrats on your new athletic facilities, by the way. Now you can be just like the Texas Longhorns.
    Last edited by badger; 8/1/2014 at 10:16 AM.

vCash

Ok Badger ... to quote my teen daughter ... "uh ... worst, like, misquote EVAR!!!!!"

and we can just what like the sips????? :-/
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

two options:

1. "You can just 'be' like the longhorns." Probability? 90%
    or
    2. Now that you have comparable facilities, you can allow your natural affection for the horns to manifest. Probability: 10%

Pay the receptionist on your way out. You're welcome.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    Ok Badger ... to quote my teen daughter ... "uh ... worst, like, misquote EVAR!!!!!"

and we can just what like the sips????? :-/
    It was admittedly a typo, but you COULD just like the "sips" if you wanted to stop disliking them

Stoops has inspired me to Aggie-knock at every opportunity. I think these new fangled facilities puts you in the same category as Oregon's Death Star, or Michigan's newly renovated Big House stadium.

Every conference needs a perennial underachiever. Texas is ours, and you're now the SEC's. Now... bark so you can get out of work early like a good Aggie!

vCash

It was admittedly a typo, but you COULD just like the "sips" if you wanted to stop disliking them
    Nahhhh ... what's the fun in that?

Stoops has inspired me to Aggie-knock at every opportunity. I think these new fangled facilities puts you in the same category as Oregon's Death Star, or Michigan's newly renovated Big House stadium.

Every conference needs a perennial underachiever. Texas is ours, and you're now the SEC's.
    See ... just a few years in and we're already tops in the conference ... TAKE THAT! ;-)

Now... bark so you can get out of work early like a good Aggie!
    I work in Austin ... it doesn't work ... I've tried ... [censored] TEA SIPS!!!! (which circles back to the first part of this post!) ;-)
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Tops in what conference? I must have missed it.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

BEST DARNED UNDERACHIEVER IN THE SEC!!!!! WE'RE #1 BABY ... AND THEY SAID WE COULDN'T COMPETE IN THE SEC!!! TAKE THAT MIZZOU .. TENNESSEE .. OLE MISS!
    Gig 'Em and God Bless