Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

A Late Congrats and Good Luck in 2014

First, congrats on the Sugar Bowl win. Don't pay attention to many of the excuses being thrown around by many of my fellow Bama fans--Stoops came up with a magificent game plan, especially on 3rd downs. I believe that our team was VERY motivated to play, your guys just out-hustled and and out-played us, and something that doesn't happen often--we got OUT-COACHED.

Really looking forward to 2014. You guys deserve to be #2 in the preseason polls to me and I really hope we can meet again in the playoff. RTR and Boomer Sooner!
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: A Late Congrats and Good Luck in 2014

I don't know if we're top 5. Yet.

Tell the aTm coach to shut up.

Appreciate the post, Sabanball....
    Aries

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Everyone deserves some time to lick their wounds.

Welcome back!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

He's alive!!!! Was wondering if the kick six and sugar bowl were to much to bear ;-)

Tell the aTm coach to shut up.
    LOL ... all Sumlin did was reply to something Stoops said ... and basically just offered a home and home ... real inflamitory stuff, lol.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    He's alive!!!! Was wondering if the kick six and sugar bowl were to much to bear ;-)

LOL ... all Sumlin did was reply to something Stoops said ... and basically just offered a home and home ... real inflamitory stuff, lol.
    Mac,

The kick six was a heartbreaker no doubt about it, especially when you lose on a play that has happened only 4 times in recorded college football history, all while your on the cusp of playing for a 3rd NC in a row. The Sugar Bowl was actually easier to take for me, we got our butts whipped and it is what it is. Just hope our young men(and our coaching staff) learned from it and maybe it will help get us motivated for this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sabie, think you can mail me one of those Sugar Bowl champ t-shirts that are apparently floating around your fair state?

If not, good luck this season anyway. Please shut the rest of the SEC up. They're confusing your success with conference success.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Sabie, think you can mail me one of those Sugar Bowl champ t-shirts that are apparently floating around your fair state?

If not, good luck this season anyway. Please shut the rest of the SEC up. They're confusing your success with conference success.
    LOL...hadn't seen that before! And yes I agree about the conference. We'll definitely try to do our part and I think we have a chance to be very good, but I think we will have our work cut out for us replacing McCarron/ breaking in a new QB and fixing our O-line. FSU, Auburn, and you guys would all be rated preseason ahead of us if I had a vote in the polls.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I don't know. Seems like licking ones wounds for 7 months makey tongue sore...Better late than never. Welcome back!
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

Just hope our young men(and our coaching staff) learned from it and maybe it will help get us motivated for this season.
    Oh ... I'd bet the squad is VERY motivated. The question is ... has Saban / Smart figured out the no huddle up tempo stuff yet? It's becoming more wide spread in the SEC now ... and Bama has had trouble with it, win or lose.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

He talked like a junior high/college kid on social media. Stoops wasn't talking to him.

I couldn't imagine Stoops saying that to anyone. I'd be embarrassed.

vCash

Oh ... I'd bet the squad is VERY motivated. The question is ... has Saban / Smart figured out the no huddle up tempo stuff yet? It's becoming more wide spread in the SEC now ... and Bama has had trouble with it, win or lose.
    That's the million dollar question, Mac. If recruiting is any indicator, then Saban does seem to be addressing it, signing more twitchy, light on their feet type guys that can fly from sideline to sideline, that and really going after some lockdown corners, something we really haven't had since Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick left. We did struggle mightily against the HUNH last year, no doubt about it and it exposed some weaknesses.

vCash

He talked like a junior high/college kid on social media. Stoops wasn't talking to him.

I couldn't imagine Stoops saying that to anyone. I'd be embarrassed.
    It was done at a coaches night function in Houston ... and in response to Coach Stoops deciding to rattle off our OOC schedule during the Big-12 media days.

We did struggle mightily against the HUNH last year, no doubt about it and it exposed some weaknesses.
    Well ... I wouldn't bet against them ... and LSU has shown how to do it ... handling our offense two years in a row and dealing with Malzahn's version last year.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It was done at a coaches night function in Houston ... and in response to Coach Stoops deciding to rattle off our OOC schedule during the Big-12 media days.
    He was asked about it at ESPN... BUT as long as you're here, oh mighty defeater of the Dukies in the mid-minor bowl you played in last offseason, loser of four regular season games and... I'll stop. Just say how you're going to do this upcoming season

vCash

Well ... I wouldn't bet against them ... and LSU has shown how to do it ... handling our offense two years in a row and dealing with Malzahn's version last year.
    Ah ok. And he went and tweeted his response? Is he 12?

vCash

Just say how you're going to do this upcoming season
    My guess is 7-5 ... sweep the OOC (not much of a feat I know) ... take down Arkansas and Miss. St. and steal one of the rest. This will be a transition year from JFF to the coming of age of our highly ranked recruiting classes.

Ah ok. And he went and tweeted his response? Is he 12?
    LOL ... no ... he's a man .. he's ... oh wait ... wrong coach ;-) Of course ... the prime target of said tweets ... read teenagers who happen to be gifted athletes ... do tend to like twitter ;-)
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

You're right about that--Chavous is probably the best D-Coach in the conference. He seems to be the only one that has figured out how to shut down the HUNH.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    LOL...hadn't seen that before! And yes I agree about the conference. We'll definitely try to do our part and I think we have a chance to be very good, but I think we will have our work cut out for us replacing McCarron/ breaking in a new QB and fixing our O-line. FSU, Auburn, and you guys would all be rated preseason ahead of us if I had a vote in the polls.
    Not a chance for me... I have FSU, Bama, oregon top 3. I believe that Auburn was a little overrated and should have lost about 8 games.

Second, you don't have the top recruiting class 9 years in a row and fall off from dominating peops.
    3rd, your schedule is very weak. When WVU is your toughest non conference by a long shot!! You have no problems in the first 3 games. You will win those by 30 each, the next 3 games are against people who will struggle to be .500 in the big 10. you have A&M without Johnny who IMO won't be ranked at this point, The vaunted volunteers of tennesee, LSU is down, and then the mighty BULLDOGS OF miss st...

At this point, your schedule gets tough!! Western Carolina!!!

Then the one tough and only ranked opponent of the year... AUBURN.

The third reason is why I believe you will be in the playoff. With only one ranked opponent all year, I think your average win margin will be in the high 20's.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRat View Post
    Not a chance for me... I have FSU, Bama, oregon top 3. I believe that Auburn was a little overrated and should have lost about 8 games.

Second, you don't have the top recruiting class 9 years in a row and fall off from dominating peops.
    3rd, your schedule is very weak. When WVU is your toughest non conference by a long shot!! You have no problems in the first 3 games. You will win those by 30 each, the next 3 games are against people who will struggle to be .500 in the big 10. you have A&M without Johnny who IMO won't be ranked at this point, The vaunted volunteers of tennesee, LSU is down, and then the mighty BULLDOGS OF miss st...

At this point, your schedule gets tough!! Western Carolina!!!

Then the one tough and only ranked opponent of the year... AUBURN.

The third reason is why I believe you will be in the playoff. With only one ranked opponent all year, I think your average win margin will be in the high 20's.
    Hard to disagree. I think we have a 3 game schedule--AM, LSU, and auburn. We win those three then yes we are probably in.....

vCash

My guess is 7-5 ... sweep the OOC (not much of a feat I know) ... take down Arkansas and Miss. St. and steal one of the rest. This will be a transition year from JFF to the coming of age of our highly ranked recruiting classes.

LOL ... no ... he's a man .. he's ... oh wait ... wrong coach ;-) Of course ... the prime target of said tweets ... read teenagers who happen to be gifted athletes ... do tend to like twitter ;-)
    So it takes Bob Stoops comments for your school's program to grow a sack and play a decent OOC opponent?