vCash

Heh, Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

too dayum late but at least they waking up and smellin the coffee. well all cept for matlock 8th,

http://theweek.com/article/index/265...stead-of-obama
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Heh, Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

Ain't touchin' that with a 10 foot pole...my flame extinguisher isn't
    fully charged....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I saw that article earlier today. Although it's one of those pointless, doesn't-matter-now stories, it did cause me to quickly wonder which swing states might actually go for Romney today. Because you know the Left Coast, the Peoples Republics of New England, and the Rust Belt states would likely still be very blue.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Ain't touchin' that with a 10 foot pole...my flame extinguisher isn't
    fully charged....

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    I saw that article earlier today. Although it's one of those pointless, doesn't-matter-now stories, it did cause me to quickly wonder which swing states might actually go for Romney today. Because you know the Left Coast, the Peoples Republics of New England, and the Rust Belt states would likely still be very blue.
    Yea its pointless, But it does show that Folks with 1/2 a brain are realizing their mistake
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

Yea its pointless, But it does show that Folks with 1/2 a brain are realizing their mistake
    This is what is really important.

38. And suppose that a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between
    Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney. Who would you be more likely to vote for?

39. (IF UNSURE As of today, do you lean more toward…?

QUESTIONS 38 AND 39 COMBINED
    July 18-20, 2014

Clinton 55%
    Romney 42%

Other (vol.) *
    Neither (vol.) 2%
    No opinion *

13 points has really gotta hurt................even when you win - you still lose.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post

38. And suppose that a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between

July 18-20, 2014

Clinton 55%
    Romney 42%

Other (vol.) *
    Neither (vol.) 2%
    No opinion *

13 points has really gotta hurt................even when you win - you still lose.
    You are such a Dildonic Moran. Did you really dig thru everything just to find some positive for your Lib Dems? REALLY.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You are such a Dildonic Moran. Did you really dig thru everything just to find some positive for your Lib Dems? REALLY.
    WOW coming from the Dildonic Moran who posted it and the link. Typical - didn't bother to check anything out, just blindly posted something, ANYTHING with a headline that backs your dumbass position.

LEMMING

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think Mitt Romney will be happier not being president, and I think Republicans will be more successful this midterm without having the Oval Office.

Winning the Senate has more staying power at this point than winning the Oval Office two years ago.

If you feel that President Obama needs a stronger set of checks and balances in his executive order spree, the way forward is to eliminate the divided House/Senate and make it all Republican majority. Even if you are concerned that will be unchecked Republican power, remember that President Obama can and will veto, requiring larger majorities or override.

Living in Oklahoma, I am not concerned about doing my part for this, as the Democrats are so long in the U.S. Senate race here that they're sending a former state Senator whose only platform is "legalize weed" up against a perennial candidate who stands on the roadside with his campaign around his neck (the one and only Jim Rogers).

The only thing missing from that election is the late EZ Million, may he rest in peace. He must be rolling in his grave with President Boren still in charge at OU and the RRS still in Dallas

PS: Our Tulsa Congressional District has no opposition to our Republican incumbent, Jim Bridenstine.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

July 18-20, 2014

Clinton 55%
    Romney 42%

Other (vol.) *
    Neither (vol.) 2%
    No opinion *

Guess you forgot to scroll backwards/read who the respondents to those questions were.

BASED ON 303 RESPONDENTS WHO DESCRIBE
    THEMSELVES AS DEMOCRATS AND 146
    WHO DESCRIBE THEMSELVES AS INDEPENDENTS WHO LEAN DEMOCRAT, FOR A TOTAL OF 449
    DEMOCRATS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Guess you forgot to scroll backwards/read who the respondents to those questions were.
    He's the only one who would dig thru a Pile of crap just to try to find one shiney little Dem pebble.

vCash

Is good policy to see that Romney would grab almost half of democrats or indys who say they lean democrat, especially considering how many independents went with Obama in 2012. If the election were today, Romney would have a good chance of grabbing the middle road states in the Midwest, which these days make or break elections.

...and at the same time, they're ignored the other four years of the election cycle as their populations continue to move south where the jobs and warm weather are, tee hee. Bawwww Big Ten, cheer up. You'll always have rust on your belt

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Romney wouldn't matter. President gets too much or too little credit depending on which side the media is reporting. Besides, whoever got elected was in a **** situation. Might work our best for the pubs this way. The president has little to no effect in Oklahoma (and most of the other states.) Let me know when our senators or local congress swing in the opposite direction.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Hey dwarthog take another look and you will see that question 34 was for republicans and question 35 was for democrats, the next four questions are for all and that would include the clinton question. So, I didn't forget, because I figured out they were asking republican who they support and democrats who they support for 2016. Did you really think 42% of democrats and independents would support romney over Clinton?

vCash

Did you really think 42% of democrats and independents would support romney over Clinton?
    Among likely voters, yeah I do, but at this point either or both will likely not run in 2016 so it's kind of a moot point.

One of the strengths of the Republican voting bloc is that people that get riled up about politics, that care who their elected officials are, will say how they will vote and actually go out and vote. I would fathom that a lot of Democrats' target base do not vote.

Take young people for example. Reliably Democrat. But, you have to be at least 18 years old to vote, and remember when election day is AND register in advance THEN get to the polls on election day. Nothing against the 18-25 demographic, but all of that to ask a "kid" to remember to do, heh.

vCash

Obama has been reduced to head Dem fundraiser------About all he seems to be able to do

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Among likely voters, yeah I do, but at this point either or both will likely not run in 2016 so it's kind of a moot point.

One of the strengths of the Republican voting bloc is that people that get riled up about politics, that care who their elected officials are, will say how they will vote and actually go out and vote. I would fathom that a lot of Democrats' target base do not vote.

Take young people for example. Reliably Democrat. But, you have to be at least 18 years old to vote, and remember when election day is AND register in advance THEN get to the polls on election day. Nothing against the 18-25 demographic, but all of that to ask a "kid" to remember to do, heh.
    Which is why you guys do better in mid-terms and I've heard this mid-term could be a historically low turn out.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Hey dwarthog take another look and you will see that question 34 was for republicans and question 35 was for democrats, the next four questions are for all and that would include the clinton question. So, I didn't forget, because I figured out they were asking republican who they support and democrats who they support for 2016. Did you really think 42% of democrats and independents would support romney over Clinton?
    Yeah, I should have scrolled down myself to see the breakouts on the respondents to those questions.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

I would have been just fine with Romney as I don't think he would have governed too conservative. I, for one, am happy we have a divided President and Congress. Keeps them from doing too much harm.
    Metaphors be with you!

vCash

Which is why you guys do better in mid-terms and I've heard this mid-term could be a historically low turn out.
    We can agree here. Voter apathy will be pretty high as uncertainly at home and overseas looms