Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Obama is a supply sider?

Obama: Offshore 'Tax Inversions' Are Unpatriotic
    Saturday, 26 Jul 2014 07:10 AM

President Barack Obama says a loophole that lets companies dodge U.S. taxes by moving their headquarters overseas is unpatriotic.

Obama is denouncing "tax inversions" in his weekly radio and Internet address. He says companies are essentially renouncing their citizenship to avoid paying their fair share.

Obama says the best way to address the problem is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate. But he says the problem can't wait. He's urging lawmakers to join the effort to close the loophole.

Obama says Americans don't get to pick which rules they follow and neither should companies.

In the Republican address, congressman Steve Daines of Montana says Obama is waging a war on the middle class. He's calling for the Senate to pass House-approved jobs bills.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obam...#ixzz38hhOBKDN

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Obama is a supply sider?

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Obama: Offshore 'Tax Inversions' Are Unpatriotic
    Saturday, 26 Jul 2014 07:10 AM

President Barack Obama says a loophole that lets companies dodge U.S. taxes by moving their headquarters overseas is unpatriotic.

Obama is denouncing "tax inversions" in his weekly radio and Internet address. He says companies are essentially renouncing their citizenship to avoid paying their fair share.

Obama says the best way to address the problem is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate. But he says the problem can't wait. He's urging lawmakers to join the effort to close the loophole.

Obama says Americans don't get to pick which rules they follow and neither should companies.

In the Republican address, congressman Steve Daines of Montana says Obama is waging a war on the middle class. He's calling for the Senate to pass House-approved jobs bills.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/obam...#ixzz38hhOBKDN.
    You mean the part where he wants tax reform to close the loopholes that allow companies not to pay taxes which would RAISE their taxes? Did you even read it? Or did you just not understand it?

You really need to check up on these things don't you? Here is what he ACTUALLY said -

The best way to level the playing field is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate, closes wasteful loopholes, and simplifies the tax code for everybody. But stopping companies from renouncing their citizenship just to get out of paying their fair share of taxes is something that cannot wait. That’s why, in my budget earlier this year, I proposed closing this unpatriotic tax loophole for good. Democrats in Congress have advanced proposals that would do the same thing. A couple Republicans have indicated they want to address this too, and I hope more join us.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5623222.html

That didn't work out for you, did it? There is just nothing you won't COMPLETELY buy into from your lying rightwing websites is there?
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 7/27/2014 at 04:15 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

You have to be a troll. There is no way a real person can be as obtuse and unapproachable on a basis of logic as you are. You repost the segment of the article with the section highlighted by okie52 and then rocket down a rabbit hole of leftist talking points. Quit deflecting and address the pont okie made.

Obama thinks corporate tax rates should be lowered.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You have to be a troll. There is no way a real person can be as obtuse and unapproachable on a basis of logic as you are. You repost the segment of the article with the section highlighted by okie52 and then rocket down a rabbit hole of leftist talking points. Quit deflecting and address the pont okie made.

Obama thinks corporate tax rates should be lowered.
    WHAT PART OF THE ****ING SENTENCE DOES YOUR DUMBASS NOT UNDERSTAND? SAY I'M GOING DOWN A LIBERAL RABBIT HOLE WHEN ALL YOU AND YOURS SEE IS TAX CUTS, TAX CUTS, TAX CUTS. READ THE WHOLE SENTENCE!

The best way to level the playing field is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate, closes wasteful loopholes, and simplifies the tax code for everybody.

vCash

math is hard

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    math is hard
    It seems reading is harder.

vCash

How cute! I'm glad you two finally hooked up. We've all been expecting it.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    You mean the part where he wants tax reform to close the loopholes that allow companies not to pay taxes which would RAISE their taxes? Did you even read it? Or did you just not understand it?

You really need to check up on these things don't you? Here is what he ACTUALLY said -

The best way to level the playing field is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate, closes wasteful loopholes, and simplifies the tax code for everybody. But stopping companies from renouncing their citizenship just to get out of paying their fair share of taxes is something that cannot wait. That’s why, in my budget earlier this year, I proposed closing this unpatriotic tax loophole for good. Democrats in Congress have advanced proposals that would do the same thing. A couple Republicans have indicated they want to address this too, and I hope more join us.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5623222.html

That didn't work out for you, did it? There is just nothing you won't COMPLETELY buy into from your lying rightwing websites is there?
    As much as you want to ignore it, obama wants to lower the corporate tax rate which is one of he highest in the world. That, in your world if he was a pub, makes him a supply sider..now cry yourself to sleep little boy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    As much as you want to ignore it, obama wants to lower the corporate tax rate which is one of he highest in the world. That, in your world if he was a pub, makes him a supply sider..now cry yourself to sleep little boy.
    That is half the story. Reread what he said. A person who refuses to acknowledge that cutting lowering the corporate tax rate is only part of what he wants to do is calling ME a little boy?

DUMBASS

The best way to level the playing field is through tax reform that lowers the corporate tax rate, closes wasteful loopholes, and simplifies the tax code for everybody.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Good Lawd...I wish someone would make this little ****ing turd go away...why anyone gives this schmuck two seconds of their time is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Good Lawd...I wish someone would make this little ****ing turd go away...why anyone gives this schmuck two seconds of their time is beyond me...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I have been a member of SoonerFans for long damn time and I never had to put anyone on ignore...until now. I don't have the time or the energy for the biggest delusional douchbag ever to grace the Internet.

Life just got better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    That is half the story. Reread what he said. A person who refuses to acknowledge that cutting lowering the corporate tax rate is only part of what he wants to do is calling ME a little boy?

DUMBASS

Supply sider!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    I thought about doing that but then I realized he is so damn entertaining. Also it's obvious he's a troll. It's just a matter of time until he reveals himself. I have a couple of ideas who it is. Think of somebody who likes to post stupid internet pictures with sophomoric insults as a substitute for a reply.

Yermom, the question is simple. Does Obama favor lowering the corporate tax rate or not? I favor closing loop holes after rates are lowered. Reagan did that with personal income tax rates. Is Obama a supply sider like Reagan?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 7/28/2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I thought about doing that but then I realized he is so damn entertaining. Also it's obvious
    he's a troll. It's just a matter of time until he reveals himself. I have a couple of ideas who it is. Think of somebody who likes to post stupid internet pictures with sophomoric insults as a substitute for a reply.

Yermom, the question is simple. Does Obama favor lowering the corporate tax rate or not? I favor closing loop holes after rates are lowered. Reagan did that with personal
    income tax rates. Is Obama a supply sided like Reagan?
    Finally the right question - what he favors is lowering tax rates WHILE closing loop holes. The president also proposes using one-time revenue-raisers to support new “investments such
    as modernizing our infrastructure; creating new manufacturing hubs; and training our workers. In the long-term, the plan is revenue-neutral. Which, of course does not make him a supply sider.
    http://www.americansfortaxfairness.o...eform-Plan.pdf

vCash

So Reagan wasn't a supply-sider, either? Good to know. Tax revenues
    have gone up in almost every single year except for the peak of cyclical
    recessions in the economy. (I.e. 1990 and 2009). Spending increases by
    the government always out pace tax revenue increases except for the last half
    of Clinton's second term.

vCash

So Reagan wasn't a supply-sider, either? Good to know. Tax revenues
    have gone up in almost every single year except for the peak of cyclical
    recessions in the economy. (I.e. 1990 and 2009). Spending increases by
    the government always out pace tax revenue increases except for the last half
    of Clinton's second term.
    You just don't have a clue as what you are talking about. When regean cut taxes rates which resulted in lower taxes revenues - not revenue neutral changes. Here is a little help from one of your favorite sites the daily caller.

Make no mistake, these were real tax increases — in some cases, “regressive” taxation — but they pale in comparison to the scale of the income tax cuts that defined the Reagan era. Again, it’s important to put things in context. When inaugurated, Reagan inherited a nation with 16 tax brackets — ranging from marginal rates of 14 percent to 70 percent. By 1989, that was down to two brackets — with marginal rates of 15 percent and 28 percent. (Those rates — and brackets — were short lived. By the time Clinton left office, the top marginal rate was back up to 39.6 percent. But you can’t blame Reagan for tax increases that came after his tenure. That’d be like President Obama blaming George W. Bush for tax cuts passed in 2011…)

Again, my argument is that some taxes are more important than others. Do massive cuts to income taxes — perhaps the most confiscatory and arbitrary form of taxation (which disencentivize the very act of working) — carry the same weight as a temporary consumption tax increase which raised just over 3 billion in revenue a year? I would argue that the two clearly aren’t the same thing — and yet that distinction is seldom made.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ro...#ixzz38op00bxR

You see in supply side trickle down "economics" cuttin' taxes to the wealth TRICKLES DOWN to middle class and poor people. You see how he CUT the top rate from 70% to 28%. Did you also notice how the bottom rate went UP from 14% to 15%.

vCash

I thought about doing that but then I realized he is so damn entertaining. Also it's obvious he's a troll. It's just a matter of time until he reveals himself. I have a couple of ideas who it is. Think of somebody who likes to post stupid internet pictures with sophomoric insults as a substitute for a reply.

Yermom, the question is simple. Does Obama favor lowering the corporate tax rate or not? I favor closing loop holes after rates are lowered. Reagan did that with personal income tax rates. Is Obama a supply sider like Reagan?
    closing loopholes means that corporations could be paying the same or more taxes if the rate was lowered.

you can argue semantics all you want, but you just look dumb here

vCash

closing loopholes means that corporations could be paying the same or more taxes if the rate was lowered.

Yep - thank you for backing my point.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 7/29/2014 at 05:30 PM.

vCash

You are very naive if you think that will happen. Also, apparently my point went over your head.

Let me put it into an algebraic format:

A = Reagan
    B = lowering tax rates and closing loop holes (i.e. supply-side economic theory)
    C = Obama

1. Reagan was called a supply-sider because he lowered personal income tax rates and closed loopholes. (A = B)
    2. Obama proposes lowering corporate income tax rates and closing loopholes. (B = C)
    3. Therefore Reagan=supply-sider=Obama because they proposed doing the exact same thing. (: A = B = C)

You and Sooner8th must absolutely love what Reagan did since when Obama proposes doing the same thing you both think it is da bomb!

BTW yermom, I know you. You are a nice guy. Don't stoop to Sooner8th's gutter level of discussing opinions.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 7/29/2014 at 03:04 PM.