Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Obama is a supply sider?

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You are very naive if you think that will happen. Also, apparently my point went over your head.

Let me put it into an algebraic format:

1. Reagan was called a supply-sider because he lowered personal income tax rates and closed loopholes.
    2. Obama proposes lowering corporate income tax rates and closing loopholes.
    3. Therefore Reagan=supply-sider=Obama because they proposed doing the exact same thing.

You and Sooner8th must absolutely love what Reagan did since when Obama proposes doing the same thing you both think it is da bomb!

BTW yermom, I know you. You are a nice guy. Don't stoop to Sooner8th's gutter level of discussing opinions.
    Funny how you decide to ignore the most important part of his plan so you can claim obama is a supply sider. Typical for rightwingnuts. If they are the same, exactly how reagan's tax cuts were revenue neutral?

As told in the righwingnut column, reagan cut tax rates and closed loopholes that ended up CUTTING TAXES - NOT REVENUE NEUTRAL OR RAISING TAXES like yemon said, obama's plan would do.

What reagan and obama are doing are two totally and completely different things -

reagan was cutting TAX REVENUES, lowering taxes on PEOPLE. Get it?

Obama wants to keep the REVENUES NEUTRAL but shifting tax burden among CORPORATIONS. By closing loopholes that allow some corporations to not pay any taxes and AT THE SAME TIME cutting the rates - it would level out what is paid in taxes.

Do you see the difference, pumpkin? I'll bet you can if you try!

vCash

Obama is not going to do anything except try to get more money sent to Washington for the Gov't to spend

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Obama is not going to do anything except try to get more money sent to Washington for the Gov't to spend
    So you agree with yermon and me that he will not cut taxes.

So................that would make him not a supply sider.

Thanks for clearing that up.

vCash

I don't what Obama is----I do know he is clueless on what makes an economy grow

vCash

I don't what Obama is----I do know he is clueless on what makes an economy grow
    Let me ask you this - do debit ceiling fights grow the economy?

Does cutting government spending grow the economy?

Does cuttin' taxes to the wealthy grow the economy?

So much better than the guy you voted for TWICE. I'd go with us next time.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    So much better than the guy you voted for TWICE. I'd go with us next time.
    ---I was never happy with Bush-----But I would never vote for anyone that thinks raising taxes and more regulation will help the economy of any country-----Obama is a complete failure when it comes to leadership and the Dems know it

vCash

---I was never happy with Bush-----But I would never vote for anyone that thinks raising taxes and more regulation will help the economy of any country-----Obama is a complete failure when it comes to leadership and the Dems know it
    I see you didn't deny voting for him. If you were so unhappy with bush why did you vote for him the second time?

Let me ask you this - do debit ceiling fights grow the economy?

Does cutting government spending grow the economy?

Does cuttin' taxes to the wealthy grow the economy?

vCash

Show me an economy of any country that has been helped by higher taxes and more regulation------Just show one example

vCash

is this where we argue about FDR?

i'd like to see the counter example... i'm still waiting to hear about this conservative utopia with a lassez faire economy and no poors, or civil unrest

vCash

Show me an economy of any country that has been helped by higher taxes and more regulation------Just show one example
    In 1987 the top rate was 38.5 then it dropped to 28% in 1988 and George H.W. Bush had a gdp of 2.1%.

31% in 1991, up to 39.6% in 1993. Bill Clinton, 3.8% gdp.

dubya LOWERED the top rate to 35% and his gdp was 1.6%

Try again.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 7/29/2014 at 09:54 PM.

vCash

In 1987 the top rate was 38.5 then it dropped to 28% in 1988 and George H.W. Bush had a gdp of 2.1%.

Try again.
    ----Nice deflection----Show me an economy that has done well with high taxes and excessive regulation-------you won't find one-------try again

vCash

----Nice deflection----Show me an economy that has done well with high taxes and excessive regulation-------you won't find one-------try again
    I just showed you - are you too ****ing stupid to see the economy did better when taxes were raised?

Don't argue with me unless you can see the facts that are in front of your face.

vCash

I just showed you - are you too ****ing stupid to see the economy did better when taxes were raised?

Don't argue with me unless you can see the facts that are in front of your face.
    Heres yer Card

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Heres yer Card

what part of this is wrong?

Try again.

vCash

Try again.
    Dont be so defensive, Im just making fun of you and you "Always being RIGHT"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Dont be so defensive, Im just making fun of you and you "Always being RIGHT"
    Mock people for being right, celebrate people for being wrong, yep sounds like a conservative.

vCash

Mock people for being right, celebrate people for being wrong, yep sounds like a conservative.
    Naw, I mock you for being such a self-righteous, Smug acting condescending arsehole.

vCash

Naw, I mock you for being such a self-righteous, Smug acting condescending arsehole.
    And i mock you for being a dumbass. I wouldn't have to be condescending if people on this board wouldn't stick to their rightwingnut talking points when I prove they are wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Try again.
    Please provide the graphs or charts etc. that show specifically how the change of 8.6% on the top bracket in our progressive tax system directly resulted in a GDP of 3.6%.

Also, show how the Fed raising raising the rate to 9.75% to combat inflation prior to H.W. taking office didn't affect his GDP.

Additionally, please show how the Fed lowering the rate after Clinton was in office to 4% then 3% didn't affect the GDP rates.

Thanks.

vCash

----You are such an ***