Thread: Orlando Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Orlando Brown

Has been declared eligible and headed to Norman per himself from Twitter. Thought i would share some good news for you guys since Joe kinda fudged things up.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

Here is the story

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-football-freshman-offensive-tackle-orlando-brown-jr.-qualified-heading-to-norman/article/5079407
    Posted from iOS app

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Orlando Brown

huge

vCash

If true this is really good news. This dude was offered by everybody in the country last year.

As such Rivals looks kinda stupid having him as only a 3-star, but I'm guessing some of that may have been related to concerns about his eligibility???
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    Has been declared eligible and headed to Norman per himself from Twitter. Thought i would share some good news for you guys since Joe kinda fudged things up.
    Just wondering...in what way? Did you mean in a strictly "Ick, there's bad publicity" way? Just curious.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    If true this is really good news. This dude was offered by everybody in the country last year.

As such Rivals looks kinda stupid having him as only a 3-star, but I'm guessing some of that may have been related to concerns about his eligibility???
    The only thing I can think of is that his lower rating was due to grade issues. He's got the tools to be a big time lineman, and there is obviously NFL DNA there (remember, his dad was the guy that got hit in the eye with a penalty flag, and sued the NFL).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that his lower rating was due to grade issues. He's got the tools to be a big time lineman, and there is obviously NFL DNA there (remember, his dad was the guy that got hit in the eye with a penalty flag, and sued the NFL).
    Lomas Brown! I didn't know the connection. Nothing wrong with some NFL DNA though!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerloyal View Post
    Just wondering...in what way? Did you mean in a strictly "Ick, there's bad publicity" way? Just curious.
    Bingo. I was simply referring to the "ugh, potentially bad news". Nothing to do with insider info.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

My only problem with this theory is that there are plenty of other cats who are big time grade issues that do receive the stars. Dez Bryant in particular, comes to mind. I think that rivals could benefit from expanding their task force. I know that a lot of their evaluations come from camps and we all know that not every athlete that is D1 worthy can attend such camps.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    My only problem with this theory is that there are plenty of other cats who are big time grade issues that do receive the stars. Dez Bryant in particular, comes to mind. I think that rivals could benefit from expanding their task force. I know that a lot of their evaluations come from camps and we all know that not every athlete that is D1 worthy can attend such camps.
    I was just speculating, but my personal belief is that Brown was rated lower because he's not a hustle player. That will change at OU, or he won't play/will leave. Fortunately, Brown has been told (not sure if it was by family, or coaches) that he really has the potential to play in the NFL, and seems to have taken that to heart (he's worked harder in the weight room and in the classroom in the past year). But, there's no way to go back and change his reputation of being a little lazy. He can only improve what is ahead of him.

He has the physical tools to be another Sooner lineman drafted, but there's a lot of ground to cover between now and then.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

That guy is HUUUUUUGE. A strong line can make up for a lot of other issues. Hoping he stays happy in Norman. Should be weird when he lines up against Tennessee this Fall though.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

I was just speculating, but my personal belief is that Brown was rated lower because he's not a hustle player. That will change at OU, or he won't play/will leave. Fortunately, Brown has been told (not sure if it was by family, or coaches) that he really has the potential to play in the NFL, and seems to have taken that to heart (he's worked harder in the weight room and in the classroom in the past year). But, there's no way to go back and change his reputation of being a little lazy. He can only improve what is ahead of him.

He has the physical tools to be another Sooner lineman drafted, but there's a lot of ground to cover between now and then.
    Gotcha. Yeah, i think Coach B and Schmitty can get the lead out of the arse.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    That guy is HUUUUUUGE. A strong line can make up for a lot of other issues. Hoping he stays happy in Norman. Should be weird when he lines up against Tennessee this Fall though.
    When O-linemen are involved, that seems to be issue #1. If he can stay happy (and that's going to be completely on him), then he could really be special. So many promising linemen get signed by elite programs all over the country, only to leave school. I have a theory on this, but to keep it short, I think a lot of linemen get overconfident when they are pushing high school defenders around. Then, get shocked when they get to the next level and realize there's far more to it than just being big.

Anyway, I'm almost certain he'll redshirt this year, but he could see some time in Knoxville next year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Ya don't say.......

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Well, hell, I missed it. Food service company stocks in Central OK are up 20%.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown