Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    That's sort of the point. We chatting up this board have no proof of anything. There's tape. Mixon according to his lawyer is going to talk to police. According to the reported eye-witness account, Mixon kept his cool well beyond what that witness thought was reasonable. A lot's going to come out in the next 48 hours. Is it unreasonable to wait at least that long before forming opinions?

But by then the torches will have burned out.

Surrender is not a Ranger word

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    But by then the torches will have burned out.

Good point. To hell with it! BURN IT ALL DOWN!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTLL View Post
    The documents on the charges are publicly viewable, which is generally a shame, but the fake ID charges read like regular old fake ID charges. It reads like typical college party kid stuff--busted at the lake, pulled over and found in possession, etc. Not good in the abstract, but hardly proof she's a lying charlatan.
    Ok that helps. I was too distracted to read all of that. I myself sported two highly crafted fake ID's back inna day. Still sweated it when I showed 'em.

vCash

The documents on the charges are publicly viewable, which is generally a shame, but the fake ID charges read like regular old fake ID charges. All of it reads like typical college party kid stuff that half of campus could get busted for. Not good in the abstract, but hardly proof she's a lying charlatan.
    You know who else uses fake ID's?

Terrorists.

vCash

If you check out her twitter and facebook post, this is one crazy chick. Friend talks about not pissing her off when she is drunk. LT thread has the post.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

this board is rather tame on the subject. Land Thieves has 1,630 posts on the subject.
    Land Thieves Legend

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SteelClip49 View Post
    this board is rather tame on the subject. Land Thieves has 1,630 posts on the subject.
    Look at the name of said website. I know it's a joke because of what other dorks call us but its still in poor to ****ty taste.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRat View Post
    Who said "protect the team" who said "she's full of ****"? You used quotes!!! Who said, "we've got games win!"

If guilty, boot him... But let the truth come out
    That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges, painting her as a wild child who brought it on herself, and using the little bits of circumstance and the anonymous witness quotes that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.

vCash

That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges and using the little bits of circumstance that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.
    As opposed to you saying he should be kicked off the team whether he's guilty or not.

KFOR just reported that Mixon will be arrested when found, and that the alleged victim had multiple broken bones and was found bleeding all over the bathroom at Pickleman's.

Whether or not he ends up being charged and convicted, he needs to go. I don't think it's too much to ask that football players not be arrested under suspicion of viciously beating women.
    If someone makes an accusation that a football player hit a woman in the face so hard that it broke bones? Yes, that is enough. I think it's messed up that getting rid of him isn't a given. It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Stated in this phone interview she couldn't open her mouth....again a phone interview. Then she says she was told she slapped him before he hit her. Not gonna bring up her past (trashy hoe), but as far as I know hitting someone back after they hit you is legal, but then there is taking the response to far. Up to the DA to say if he took it to far.

If he hit her and she didn't have any physical contact with him then I say give him the Agg Assault felony charge and goodbye. If she hit him first than give him a misdemeanor for assault and then OU will probably suspend him for some amount of time.

vCash

Thanks for quoting me so I don't have to repeat myself.

"It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox."

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not the court of law. He does not automatically have the right to play ball until his trial date. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all. I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating on the OU football team. **** me, right?

vCash

"It is not that hard to avoid situations that might lead to being accused of hitting a woman in the face hard enough to break bones. That's not the same as a pot possession charge or a public intox."

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not a court of law. He does not have the right to play on it. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all. I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating on the OU football team. **** me, right?

So basically let's condemn this young man on mere accusations. Perhaps ruin his future because he was out celebrating his 18th birthday. As far as we know he was minding his own business. But hey, let's tar and feather that young man.

vCash

YES, the mere appearance of being involved in this incident is enough to warrant his dismissal to me. The football team is not the court of law. He does not automatically have the right to play ball until his trial date. Norman is not a wretched hive of vile females waiting to trick incoming stud freshmen into violent encounters.

For that matter, I'd be fine if we hadn't messed with DGB at all.
    I don't like even the whiff of woman-beating
    on the OU football team. **** me, right?
    Tell us what you do when yer woman dont Obey ya and Make yer sammiches?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

So basically let's condemn this young man on mere accusations. Perhaps ruin his future because he was out celebrating his 18th birthday. As far as we know he was minding his own business. But hey, let's tar and feather that young man.
    As far as we know he was minding his own business--except the Norman PD are currently seeking to question him in connection with punching a girl they found bleeding with broken bones.

You want to give him a chance, fine, say he's suspended until he's cleared. Maybe don't literally kick him off the team. But it's still pretty queasy. It still gives the appearance that his football career is the priority.

vCash

As far as we know he was minding his own business--except the Norman PD are currently seeking to question him in connection with punching a girl they found bleeding with broken bones.

You want to give him a chance, fine, say he's suspended until he's cleared. Maybe don't literally kick him off the team. But it's still pretty queasy. It still gives the appearance that his football career is the priority.

No, it gives the appearance that the coaching staff are going to fully investigate before they fly off the handle and make rash judgments.

And the police are seeking to question him. Which is a normal procedure. No warrants have been issued for his arrest. But if you were chief he'd already be doing life without parole.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges, painting her as a wild child who brought it on herself, and using the little bits of circumstance and the anonymous witness quotes that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.
    My apologies for quoting your "". I assumed, "" were ""... Evidently, you were just assuming what our intentions were, just as you have made rash judgements against someone else recently... Quit paraphrasing, it's getting you in trouble! Find some facts and back them up!
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

Yep, you've got me right up against the wall, guy who can't distinguish direct quotations from artful quotation marks.

Here's one for you. Suppose a newspaper headline on Independence Day reads: AMERICA SAYS "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Who actually said that?! What mouth did those words come out of? Huh?????

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yep, you've got me right up against the wall, guy who can't distinguish direct quotations from artful quotation marks.

Here's one for you. Suppose a newspaper headline on Independence Day reads: AMERICA SAYS "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Who actually said that?! What mouth did those words come out of? Huh?????

murica

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Look at the name of said website(Landthieves). I know it's a joke because of what other dorks call us but its still in poor to ****ty taste.
    I don't know how the name came about, but I understand the site is owned/controlled by some whorns. That could be a factor on the name of the thread.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 7/26/2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Originally Posted by PhilTLL
    That was me paraphrasing. Being that this is a message board, if I was going to quote someone, I would have. But bringing up unrelated criminal charges and using the little bits of circumstance that we know to suggest that she's lying is basically a "Protect the team! She's full of ****!" reaction.
    As opposed to you saying he should be kicked off the team whether he's guilty or not.
    Surprised?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.