Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    And while a lot has to be found out, instead of condemnation he might actually deserve a medal for putting some worthless piece of trash in its place!
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

If he ends up leaving or being removed from the program that brings to mind a strategy we could employ against any number of teams that might be a threat to beat us: Round up some of the trashiest "women" we can find, send them to Austin, Stillwater, Waco, etc, have them frequent establishments were football players are likely to hang out, and at the opportune time let fly on them with any number of expletives, cuss their mamas, call them the most vile racist names you can come up with, punch, slap, kick, hit and bite them until they are forced to defend themselves, and then lets hit the news: UT football player punches woman in face!

Then we got ol Charlie Strong saying: well damn fella, you've got no previous criminal record, haven't been a problem since ya got here, but I got no choice: I gotta send ya packing. What with that there NCAA, and the news media and whatnot, we just can't afford to give ya a fair chance.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    With the accompanying soundtrack, I couldn't stop laughing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    With the accompanying soundtrack, I couldn't stop laughing.
    The music makes the video.

vCash

One of my "sources" supplied me with a copy of the surveillance tape. It's been edited for time constraints.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Look at how polarizing this issue is within the fanbase. I haven't taken a poll to find out how many people think it's okay to hit a woman in "self defense", but I'll tell you how I feel. Short of a woman pulling a gun on me, I would never hit a woman. I understand that there are people that would, but either way, it's a controversial action. Combine that with the current atmosphere in the NCAA (any kind of violence against women is a hot button issue), and it's not hard to reason that Stoops could err on the side of caution and suspend him for a year.

However, I didn't say I had come to the conclusion that he would be suspended. I said I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year. That will either be because he's suspended, or he decides to leave the program.

If you think there isn't a chance of either of those, then that makes no sense to me.
    If the law allows it then it shouldn't be an issue with him in regards to the university. With the past decisions Bob has made, it really is a baseless opinion that he will not play for a year, or will leave. Again, if the charges are dropped the suspension won't be more than 4 games. If its a misdemeanor he may be out half the year. I will come and eat crow if I am wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Good grief, how was the guy able to find and compile so many?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Good grief, how was the guy able to find and compile so many?
    I recognized a few. I had never seen the one with Reagan though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I slapped a women and then we engaged in angry sex…

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    If he ends up leaving or being removed from the program that brings to mind a strategy we could employ against any number of teams that might be a threat to beat us: Round up some of the trashiest "women" we can find, send them to Austin, Stillwater, Waco, etc, have them frequent establishments were football players are likely to hang out, and at the opportune time let fly on them with any number of expletives, cuss their mamas, call them the most vile racist names you can come up with, punch, slap, kick, hit and bite them until they are forced to defend themselves, and then lets hit the news: UT football player punches woman in face!

Then we got ol Charlie Strong saying: well damn fella, you've got no previous criminal record, haven't been a problem since ya got here, but I got no choice: I gotta send ya packing. What with that there NCAA, and the news media and whatnot, we just can't afford to give ya a fair chance.
    This is exactly what I was thinking the other day as I listened to some of the media pundits who say hitting a woman is never justified. As soon as you take away the threat of retaliation against aggression then you might as well declare open season on these athletes.

There you go. It's perfectly fine to hit a woman. Case closed. Now let's play football.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LA.SoonerFan View Post
    There you go. It's perfectly fine to hit a woman. Case closed. Now let's play football.
    LOL, you aren't playing anything girly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking the other day as I listened to some of the media pundits who say hitting a woman is never justified. As soon as you take away the threat of retaliation against aggression then you might as well declare open season on these athletes.
    I heard the same thing from some of those media fools. Hopefully Stoops has more sense than the media tools and the other simpleminded folks who make and believe in blanket statements like that.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

I don't think Stoops pays any attention to what comes out of the media and he has proven that in the past. But he might hold a different standard for an OU football player than a random guy on the street. He might not care if a response was justified or not.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    If the law allows it then it shouldn't be an issue with him in regards to the university. With the past decisions Bob has made, it really is a baseless opinion that he will not play for a year, or will leave. Again, if the charges are dropped the suspension won't be more than 4 games. If its a misdemeanor he may be out half the year. I will come and eat crow if I am wrong.
    Trust me, I hope I'm wrong. I want nothing more than to see the kid in a Sooner jersey scoring touchdowns.

And, I'm probably wrong more than I'm right, so that's good news.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't think Stoops pays any attention to what comes out of the media and he has proven that in the past. But he might hold a different standard for an OU football player than a random guy on the street. He might not care if a response was justified or not.
    True enough, and if I was a potential recruit I'd take that into account.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

I'm thinking we need to create a couple of drinks to commemorate the memorable week leading up to practice.

The Molitor Cocktail is a tiny drink that will only get you buzzed, but the Mixon It On Up packs a hell of a punch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Duh, right! "Look, we're disarming, Russia(China, N Korea, Iran, Hezbola, Hamas etc.)! Now you HAVE TO!"
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Lets face it, Mixon was a sweet addition when he signed. Although in saying that he was not a make or break player in my mind. If he gets to play, great. If he winds up in big time trouble, fine. I am still keen to see Keith Ford get a bigger role this year. I see flashes of AD in Ford if he can just hold on to the ball.

Gonna be a good year!

Boomer Sooner!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sooner View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Come on Dusty... you got a second chance... and at Oklahoma. Double standard?
    Dusty, bless his little heart, is not the first person I'd go to for wisdom on much of anything other than advice on how to hit/tackle people. Although he's under control now, it would seem, inside him one senses that the knucklehead lurks.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown