Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Don't know if BBJ saw the video or not but, he did say Mixon was allegedly "double shoved, then slapped". FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Hmmmmm.....

Carey Murdock ‏@CareyWWLS
    As @jasonkersey first reported, can confirm no charges to be filed against Mixon today. The story is getting more interesting. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Hmmmmm.....
    The feeling continues to grow that this is "Much ado about nothing" cept some Loudmouthed drunk broad.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I know we all like to say we'd never strike a woman and maybe we wouldn't, but sometimes when people are hit-- regardless of who is doing the hitting-- striking back is reflexive and instinctive. If she did a double shove and a slap, that extends a bit beyond being a mere nuisance into a "I need to control this" kind of situation. If he shoved her back and she fell down causing her injuries, who cares? Even if he shoved her in the face. If he hit her in such a situation, one game suspension max.

I have yet to hear anything that says he instigated any of this, so regardless, I doubt he gets booted from the team.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Apples to Peanuts Badj
    I'd like to think that football in-game principles can apply to off field behavior. Football players must control their emotions for the good of the team during the games and off the field. Don't retaliate if an opponent talks trash or commits unsportsmanlike conduct, or you'll unquestionably be penalized. As such, don't retaliate if you're attacked in a bar, or the media circus will begin or worse, criminal charges may result.

Is there anyone that watches college football that disagrees: The one that retaliates is ALWAYS the one that's penalized. Thus, don't EVER retaliate during the game, or you're looking at a 15-yard flag or worse.

If the one that retaliates is always penalized in college football, then is should already be drilled into college football players: Don't ever retaliate, on the field or off. No excuses, don't do it.

I am quite confident that if Mixon stays on the team, that the entire team, coaches and players alike, will handle this situation as it needs to be.
    Last edited by badger; 7/28/2014 at 12:52 PM.

vCash

I'm with you. I like the comparison. When I think of who handles this stuff best, I think of Blake Griffin. Morally, that guy's been justified to cold-**** at least a dozen other players. His restraint is remarkable and really a role model.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I'm with you. I like the comparison. When I think of who handles this stuff best, I think of Blake Griffin. Morally, that guy's been justified to cold-**** at least a dozen other players. His restraint is remarkable and really a role model.
    Not disagreeing either But in your analogy Blake is a succesful 25 year old while Joe is away from for the 1st time in his life and just turned 18 . Apples to Peanuts again
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Not disagreeing either But in your analogy Blake is a succesful 25 year old while Joe is away from for the 1st time in his life and just turned 18 . Apples to Peanuts again
    True, but that crap started when Blake was a frosh at OU, and he always handled it with complete composure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    True, but that crap started when Blake was a frosh at OU, and he always handled it with complete composure.
    Again Blake was still pretty much HOME even then . Joe is at least what 1500 miles away from Home? Big difference

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Molitor got a lawyer. He apparently told her to STFU. No more interviews. Cops say bench warrants don't show up in their database so that's why she wasn't arrested.

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1663354
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think Sooner fans will always be more patient and understanding of OU player infractions than police and football refs will be. The law does not care about age, so long as they're an adult. The law doesn't care what state they're from and how far away it is.

This period of media and fan scrutiny is akin to a 15-yard penalty for targeting. The police may decide not eject (arrest) him after reviewing the tape, but the 15-yard penalty will stand, as this type of incident will impact his public reputation for years.

It's something he can recover from, however. Think Ryan Broyles and many others.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

At this point, if he is indeed kicked off the team, I'm about to brand this the "Reggie Bush Curse". That will make 8 5* running backs in a row from the state of CA since Bush that have bombed out at their first schools.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Regardless of the outcome I'm glad the coaching staff/ University officials had been patient to make a snap decision before all the details have come out.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Really bad news for Mixon. There is surveillance tape that shows exactly what happened. Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    Really bad news for Mixon. There is surveillance tape that shows exactly what happened. Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.
    LOL!!!! Funniest thing today!
    Aries

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    LOL!!!! Funniest thing today!
    Wish can knock em out the Park every now and then LOL

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.
    First Down, Oregon... and my God have mercy on your soul!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CincySooner View Post
    Unfortunately they're bringing in Gordon Riese to review it.
    First Down, Oregon... and my God have mercy on your soul!!
    FIFA isn't the only sport where games are fixed.
    Posted from iOS app

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I'd like to think that football in-game principles can apply to off field behavior. Football players must control their emotions for the good of the team during the games and off the field. Don't retaliate if an opponent talks trash or commits unsportsmanlike conduct, or you'll unquestionably be penalized. As such, don't retaliate if you're attacked in a bar, or the media circus will begin or worse, criminal charges may result.

Is there anyone that watches college football that disagrees: The one that retaliates is ALWAYS the one that's penalized. Thus, don't EVER retaliate during the game, or you're looking at a 15-yard flag or worse.

If the one that retaliates is always penalized in college football, then is should already be drilled into college football players: Don't ever retaliate, on the field or off. No excuses, don't do it.

I am quite confident that if Mixon stays on the team, that the entire team, coaches and players alike, will handle this situation as it needs to be.
    I agree with you for the most part, however, we (as humans with emotion) all have a breaking point. The point when "enough is enough". It seems to me that for most people, that point moves back as you age. When you're 18 and someone is in your ear during a game, then takes a shot at you, it can get to a point when you're just done "putting up with it". That doesn't make it right, but it does explain why it happens.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Joe Mixon has requested Assault and Battery charges be brought against Amelia Molitor. This sounds very good. Meaning that the video evidence must show that Mixon acted in self defense.

https://twitter.com/RJ_Young?origina...w_p=tweetembed