Interesting.

Doesn't feel like a positive.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Interesting.

Doesn't feel like a positive.
    No, it doesn't. But it could just be a prudent move by the university until the police investigation is finished.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    No, it doesn't. But it could just be a prudent move by the university until the police investigation is finished.
    My thoughts exactly. No need for distractions when you are just getting going. In the long run, I think Mixon leaves the program.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    ESPN says "suspended" but the article in our own news forum quotes Mixon's attorney as saying Mixon is *not* suspended. He is being held out of football activities pending the investigation results. Of course, Mixon's attorney is going to spin it as positive as he can, so take it FWIW.

Administrator
    vCash

This could be typical protocol (I can't remember off the top of my head if there is some precedent for it). Certainly prudent for OU, especially given the current atmosphere in the NCAA.

Not that there's ever a good time for something like this, but with Shannon's ordeal and DGB's arrival, the timing couldn't be much worse.

Administrator
    vCash

ESPN says "suspended" but the article in our own news forum quotes Mixon's attorney as saying Mixon is *not* suspended. He is being held out of football activities pending the investigation results. Of course, Mixon's attorney is going to spin it as positive as he can, so take it FWIW.
    The "headline" on the main NCAAF page on ESPN says he's "banned" from the team. So, like everything else with this, there's no clarity.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Banned or suspended - seems like basically the same thing.

I have a bad feeling the university knows that charges are coming....hope im wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

"Joe Mixon is not reporting for team activities at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation."
    SoonerScoop contacted Mixon's attorney, Kevin Finlay, following the release from OU.
    "It's our understanding that he's not being suspended, that he's simply being held out from team activities, pending the conclusion of the investigation," Finlay said. "My understanding is that that's University of Oklahoma policy, and that he's being treated as would any student athlete."
    - See more at: https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.....pldnmL04.dpuf
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Banned or suspended - seems like basically the same thing.
    Depends. Suspended seems to carries an official designation that requires a protocol to become reinstated. Being "held out of team activities" may not carry any official status. Yes, I'm speculating why Mixon's attorney specifically stated Mixon was not suspended - there must be a rules difference (for now).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I apologize if my comment was over harsh. Sincerely.
    I get a bit defensive about that era with people I perceive to be too young to have personal knowledge. It's as though, for some, that Barry was a nazicommiedruglordmafiadon who was somehow allowed to run amok until his reign of terror was ended by a popular uprising. I can understand horns feeling that way; considering that he used them and their team like toilet paper for decades. But, it seems odd to me that Sooners would buy into the revisionist history.
    But, again, my apologies, nothing personal intended.
    No harm no foul dude. Like I said, I probably did a cruddy job saying what I was trying to say in my first post.

Oh, fwiw, I'm 47, remember those days WAY too well, & I'm totally with you on the revisionist history thing. It was a crock, but it didn't stop those with the platform to do so from screaming to the hills about it. It got old in a hurry, & I'd hate to see us even come close to giving them an excuse to go at it again.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I appreciate this article from Berry Tramel...The Father sounds sincere and it seems to fit in this thread.

http://newsok.com/father-of-a-discip...rticle/5108917
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    I appreciate this article from Berry Tramel...The Father sounds sincere and it seems to fit in this thread.

Great article.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tx sooner View Post
    I have a bad feeling the university knows that charges are coming....hope im wrong.
    This is baseless. It's school policy to suspend during stuff like this.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    This is baseless. It's school policy to suspend during stuff like this.
    It's the school mercy rule. The longer you're suspended/banned, the longer you hold off on your date with this guy:

Advice: When he asks you how many yards you're going to rush for in your OU career, aim low. It's his cruel way of figuring out how many stairs you're going to run

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    It's the school mercy rule. The longer you're suspended/banned, the longer you hold off on your date with this guy:

Advice: When he asks you how many yards you're going to rush for in your OU career, aim low. It's his cruel way of figuring out how many stairs you're going to run
    He's licking his chops waiting for him to come back. He is probably actually at Borens office on his hands and knees begging for him to come back.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Post just to get this off page 13, I hope. Not that I'm superstitious or anything like that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

He's licking his chops waiting for him to come back. He is probably actually at Borens office on his hands and knees begging for him to come back.
    Um

what?
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Priceless. Coack Stoops et al., have been there, done that. I trust Coach with his second chances. Mixon, as well as the plaintiff, will get a fair hearing. I'm sitting here in Georgia and always feel removed from the chaos. Thanks for the link.

Administrator
    vCash

That's the best perspective I've seen on all of this.

It's too bad that these kinds of stories aren't publicized more. I guess they don't grab headlines.