Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Well, to be fair, it requires a wee bit of talent to write an engaging story that's positive; so that removes the option from the palettes of 99% of all journalists.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Well, to be fair, it requires a wee bit of talent to write an engaging story that's positive; so that removes the option from the palettes of 99% of all journalists.
    Good point. There used to be a difference between "journalist" and "blogger". I think that distinction is gone.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Pretty.

Much.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Personally, I think it would be easier for all involved if Stoops brought him in and told him he was going to suspend him for a year (like he did with Broyles). That way, the media furor would die down just like it did with Broyles (who wants to read reports on a suspended running back).

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Personally, I think it would be easier for all involved if Stoops brought him in and told him he was going to suspend him for a year (like he did with Broyles). That way, the media furor would die down just like it did with Broyles (who wants to read reports on a suspended running back).
    I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year, for that very reason (assuming no felony charge). It's going to be up to Mixon to have the resolve to stay with the program and earn his way back. It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.
    Oh that is what I expect him to do. For whatever reason, top rated Cali running backs just do not pan out (since Bush anyway).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Oh that is what I expect him to do. For whatever reason, top rated Cali running backs just do not pan out (since Bush anyway).
    Brennan Clay ?
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Brennan Clay ?
    He did okay for us the last couple of years - didn't really show us the explosive jab ala Mixon.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

If he was just defending himself, suspending him for a year would be a horrible decision. People shouldn't be punished for being human.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year, for that very reason (assuming no felony charge). It's going to be up to Mixon to have the resolve to stay with the program and earn his way back. It would be really easy for him to bolt and try to put this behind him. We'll see.
    Why would you come to that conclusion if the story that is out is that she spit and punched him and he punched her back once...?

I heard a guy that said an offensive player told him the story. She punched and called him the N word MULTIPLE times before he hit her.

Coming to the conclusion that he will be suspended with the current info that is out makes no sense.

If he doesn't get a felony (which is far fetched) then he won't get a year suspension....if there is no charge I would be surprised to see a suspension past two games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    Why would you come to that conclusion if the story that is out is that she spit and punched him and he punched her back once...?

I heard a guy that said an offensive player told him the story. She punched and called him the N word MULTIPLE times before he hit her.

Coming to the conclusion that he will be suspended with the current info that is out makes no sense.

If he doesn't get a felony (which is far fetched) then he won't get a year suspension....if there is no charge I would be surprised to see a suspension past two games.
    This seems sound thinking
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    He did okay for us the last couple of years - didn't really show us the explosive jab ala Mixon.
    No but he sure was a warrior & gave it all he had. The player we're going to miss the most is Jalen Saunders.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

My guess is that would be premature. I don't think he wants to announce a specific punishment until he finds out exactly what happened and what Mixon will be charged with (if anything).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    My guess is that would be premature. I don't think he wants to announce a specific punishment until he finds out exactly what happened and what Mixon will be charged with (if anything).
    Duh! the hell with the media, all their condemnation, recommendations and gossip.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Some folks here are acting like they are ready to sacrifice him regardless of the investigation results.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Some folks here are acting like they are ready to sacrifice him regardless of the investigation results.
    And while a lot has to be found out, instead of condemnation he might actually deserve a medal for putting some worthless piece of trash in its place!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    And while a lot has to be found out, instead of condemnation he might actually deserve a medal for putting some worthless piece of trash in its place!
    This is where I think most people are different on. The only reason ever I would ever hit a woman is if she punched me or assaulted me in some way. In some cases, I might take a punch and walk away if she backs off.

The other side is delusional and thinks that you shouldn't never hit a woman no matter what because they can't do wrong.

If there was one person I don't mind getting hit, its that girl. Trashy, long criminal record and she assaults people because she thinks she won't get hit back.

vCash

This is where I think most people are different on. The only reason ever I would ever hit a woman is if she punched me or assaulted me in some way. In some cases, I might take a punch and walk away if she backs off.

The other side is delusional and thinks that you shouldn't never hit a woman no matter what because they can't do wrong.

If there was one person I don't mind getting hit, its that girl. Trashy, long criminal record and she assaults people because she thinks she won't get hit back.
    Yep, and I don't buy into that anymore. Want to be treated like a woman, then act like a woman. Act like some piece of crap because you think your lady parts give you some magic immunity, and you get treated roughly, well....that's too damn bad!

...and for the record: Any female that truly acts the part, and deserves to be treated as such, I treat with utmost reverence, and would defend them with considerable alacrity if need be.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 7/31/2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I was really disappointed in Dusty Dvoracek. He said Mixon has to go. He said he's not saying Mixon doesn't deserve a second chance, just not a second chance at Oklahoma.

I wonder how high the utility bills are for that glass house he's living in?

I was thinking the same thing. Come on Dusty... you got a second chance... and at Oklahoma. Double standard?

Administrator
    vCash

Look at how polarizing this issue is within the fanbase. I haven't taken a poll to find out how many people think it's okay to hit a woman in "self defense", but I'll tell you how I feel. Short of a woman pulling a gun on me, I would never hit a woman. I understand that there are people that would, but either way, it's a controversial action. Combine that with the current atmosphere in the NCAA (any kind of violence against women is a hot button issue), and it's not hard to reason that Stoops could err on the side of caution and suspend him for a year.

However, I didn't say I had come to the conclusion that he would be suspended. I said I've come to the conclusion that Mixon won't play this year. That will either be because he's suspended, or he decides to leave the program.

If you think there isn't a chance of either of those, then that makes no sense to me.