Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon rumor.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I was really disappointed in Dusty Dvoracek. He said Mixon has to go. He said he's not saying Mixon doesn't deserve a second chance, just not a second chance at Oklahoma.

I wonder how high the utility bills are for that glass house he's living in?
    I'd be willing to bet that the Shannon & DGB situations are a more than minor contributing factor toward him taking that stance. I can just see the media running with the "Woman Beater/Raper U" mantra, with "Here we go, back to the Switzer era" not far behind, & I think we can all agree that the program can do without that headache.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the Shannon & DGB situations are a more than minor contributing factor toward him taking that stance. I can just see the media running with the "Woman Beater/Raper U" mantra, with "Here we go, back to the Switzer era" not far behind, & I think we can all agree that the program can do without that headache.
    We all don't agree, because as long as Stoops does what is right be the players and the program, I could give a rats a** what the media thinks/says.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    We all don't agree, because as long as Stoops does what is right be the players and the program, I could give a rats a** what the media thinks/says.
    Exactly. He has to show a willingness to stand behind his players.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I have no problem cutting him loose if he has such a lack of discipline and restraint. At the most, tell the girl to go to hell and find something else to do, like go home because it's after 2am. Second chances are usually meant to be granted at other schools . We've had our fair share. Sorry, Joe, ya gotsta go, if what's being said us true.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    The university would be fools indeed to let the Media run their business.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    I have no problem cutting him loose if he has such a lack of discipline and restraint. At the most, tell the girl to go to hell and find something else to do, like go home because it's after 2am. Second chances are usually meant to be granted at other schools . We've had our fair share. Sorry, Joe, ya gotsta go, if what's being said us true.
    Second chances are actually given a lot at the school where the incidents occur. It was he's 18th birthday and him and some buddies went to a restaurant. I don't believe they have curfew...and you are wanting him gone when he potentially (most likely) punched the girl after she spat/punched him, which is well within the law unless he took it to far with multiple punches, etc.

I am not seeing it man. At the most if charges aren't even brought maybe a 1-2 game suspension for putting himself in that situation. If he gets a misdemeanor the suspension will be longer. Only way I see him getting kicked off is if he threw multiple punches, or it gets upgraded to a agg assault.

Wanting an 18 year old kid kicked off because he did something within the law is petty and unrealistic. Maybe if he had a past history of breaking the law, but probably not.

Let me be brutally honest, I have no sympathy for the girl, sorry....she ceased to be a woman when she assaulted him, and that's without bringing up her trashy past.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Take this with a grain of salt...supposedly someone in 'the know'

Quote deleted

If the person in the know has a verifiable source, you can repost.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Were you on campus during the 'Switzer Era'? I was. There were no open gun battles, no roaming bands of rapists on the streets. It was very normal. Barry's political opponents did him because he had too much perceived power. (Imagine Bob with victories over LSU and USC). So let's drop the casual slanging of his name.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    We might be waiting for the surveillance tape for a while.

http://newsok.com/surveillance-video...rticle/5102417
    It's possible, even likely we will never see the video if this does not go to trial.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Were you on campus during the 'Switzer Era'? I was. There were no open gun battles, no roaming bands of rapists on the streets. It was very normal. Barry's political opponents did him because he had too much perceived power. (Imagine Bob with victories over LSU and USC). So let's drop the casual slanging of his name.
    Thats the most refreshing, true statement about that time period that I have ever read. I was there too, and this is spot on. There was not the open craziness that is now assumed. The problem was that the stuff that happened at OU that made the news was everywhere, at every top football program. Doesn't make it right, it's just the truth. The times were different, no social media, no cellphone cameras. OU players were treated like gods, and they took advantage. OU's problems seems to all happen within a few months of each other and it got blown up, and of course it didn't help that there was a faction that wanted Switzer gone, so this made it easy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I know that; those stories were overblown to the nth degree. It didn't stop the media from dragging him & OU through the dirt though, even if it was just the 4-5 players who they focused on. Let this get back up to those levels again & you'll see it again, & if you don't think that the powers that be (esp. Mr. PC himself Boren) don't care about public perception, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I probably did a poor job of trying to intimate that in my previous post, but that's the point I was making.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I apologize if my comment was over harsh. Sincerely.
    I get a bit defensive about that era with people I perceive to be too young to have personal knowledge. It's as though, for some, that Barry was a nazicommiedruglordmafiadon who was somehow allowed to run amok until his reign of terror was ended by a popular uprising. I can understand horns feeling that way; considering that he used them and their team like toilet paper for decades. But, it seems odd to me that Sooners would buy into the revisionist history.
    But, again, my apologies, nothing personal intended.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

To the person deleting insider info comments....at this point any info will be coming out from sources that can not be named. Obviously.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Interesting insight from a Tulsa assistant DA:

Excerpt:
    1) Drummond said prosecutors are ethically bound to provide a fair trial. Releasing evidence – whether a video, a confession, DNA – can compromise the ability to provide that fair trial. Jury pools can be tainted.

2) I asked him specifically about the case at OU, and how that video could help school officials determine Mixon’s playing future. Drummond wouldn’t discuss the specifics of that case, but he said if he showed evidence, it would create a problem.

“Then it looks like I’m kind of bed with them, and I’m supposed to be independent,” Drummond said. “It’s not going outside our office. Only law enforcement and prosecutors are going to see it.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

As of now he is suspended from all football related activity. Practice begins at 530 am tomorrow.

vCash

As of now he is suspended from all football related activity. Practice begins at 530 am tomorrow.
    Understandable. He would be a tremendous distraction for everyone on the team.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

That's terrible news - 5:30am is inhuman!

vCash

I find it interesting that Dusty thinks Joe does not deserve a second chance at OU just because he hit a woman. I guess when he9DUSTY) beat his best friend so badly that he nearly killed him,THE SAVING GRACE WAS THAT HIS BEST FRIEND WAS A GUY.APPARENTLY DEFENDING YOURSELF AGAINST AN ATTACK FROM A DRUNKEN WOMAN IS A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CK Sooner View Post
    To the person deleting insider info comments....at this point any info will be coming out from sources that can not be named. Obviously.
    I'm the person deleting the "insider information". I've made it clear (twice) not to post things without a verifiable source. We can speculate all day long, but that's all it is at this point. No reason to start the whole "I heard from a friend, who heard from a friend..." stuff.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash