Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Re: two horn receivers suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    From yer article LOL

On Tuesday he had this to say
    Bergeron was held out of the latter portion of spring practice by Strong so the senior running back could focus on academics, and Strong praised him for his efforts at Big 12 Media Days on Tuesday.

“(Bergeron) will be back in the mix (at running back). He has done everything we’ve asked him to do, not only academically, but just showing up doing those little things,” Strong said. “When you take something away from a player sometimes and when you take something away that they really enjoy doing, then you can see a lot of change, and that changes very quickly if it’s important to them.”

2 days Later this

, Orangebloods.com reported Friday morning that senior running back Joe Bergeron was also dismissed by Strong on Thursday.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Bravo to Coach Strong for laying down the law. If these acts are found to be true, it will be puzzling as to who the "Texsa" Folks will have out on the field this season.
    Boomer

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Let's not give the Stronghorn too much credit --- can you think of any college football coach that doesn't kick out players after first getting hired at a new program?

Mike Gundy did it in 2005. Urban Meyer did it at Ohio State in 2012 and Will Muschamp did it at Florida in 2011. It happens in every conference with every coach. Hell, Stoops probably did that back in 1999 here, didn't he?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Hell, Stoops probably did that back in 1999 here, didn't he?
    I don't remember him doing that a lot when he showed up. But I don't think he needed to because several players rage-quit - I guess because they were John Blake's "kee-ids".

vCash
    "I think we can find someone to catch 8 balls for us" Stoops said of departing Ahmed Kabba.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Yes, I can think of coaches upon being named as Head Coach, did not boot out players. Just was basking in the Longhorn's plight until I read about some minor mess for Mixon.. geez
    Boomer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

That is pretty seriously disgusting.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!