4. Texas
    5. Oklahoma State
    6. Texas Tech
    7. TCU
    8. West Virginia
    9. Iowa State
    10. Kansas

A few thoughts:

1. About all TCU and West Virginia are adding to the football conference is two names on a list. That's unfortunate and they really need to make some noise like A&M and Miz did in the SEC last year. Get with the program, guys!

2. Picking Kansas to finish last was probably the first thing everyone did on their poll, followed by ISU second to last. I bet they were unanimous #9 and #10 across the board. I'd nag them about sucking, but it's what everybody has come to expect until basketball season.

3. Texas is too high. Trade them with Tech

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Big 12 preseason poll: OU #1

Oklahoma and the 9 dwarfs.
    Ingles solamente (ˇno exepciones!)

vCash

Shouldn't we always be picked to win the conference in even numbered years?

I thought that was a given.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Them Gooners is overrateded.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

If we had Brandon weeden this year we might be top 5 NfL.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Texas, OSU, TCU and TT could be listed in any order from third to sixth. They all have decent-ish upside, but scary problems. The way all that shakes out will depend largely on their coaches. If they can keep the team believing and together, they could get to 8-9 wins. Maybe surprise someone. I think that lets Klingsbury out. He seems like more of a divider, no matter how close in age to the players he is. Charlie Strong is the pick of the litter, but to come into that disaster and turn it around in his first season would be a stretch (and there's a whiff of 'win at any cost' about him that might not go down well with pampered Texas athletes). Then there's Gundy who, good lord, is actually a pretty good coach. Will he be able to bring his lads back from the rape and pillage FSU is going to lay on them? Finally Patterson. He's my pick for the coach who can get his guys to weather the storm and keep plugging.
    But that's just one way to look at it.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

What standings really mean:
    1: College playoff berth
    2: Sh1tty BCS game
    3-8: Bowl game
    9-10: You suck and you should feel bad

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

That was "fourth through seventh" above. OU and Baylor are clearly the class of the B12 and KSU is better than anyone else in the conference other than those two.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It will be interesting to see if Wickline going from OSU to UT makes an obvious difference to either squad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Who gave Baylor those 9 points? They should be ran out of the country.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

say OSU somehow pulls out the W vs. free shoes... think about how even more delusional and obnoxious the aggies would get...
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Administrator
    vCash

If you read the Big XII blog on ESPN with any regularity, you'd think TCU and Baylor are going to run away with the conference. Max Olson (who used to be the Texas beat writer before ESPN did away with their "Nation" coverage) predicted TCU to beat OU 34-20. No, that's not a typo, he predicted a 14 point loss.

Anyway, It's OU and Baylor this year, everyone else is playing for a distant 3rd.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Nobody at all is talking about Texas.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

And for good reason.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Mack screwed things up to the point that it will take more than a season to fix it. Texas defense will be better than it's been in a awhile. But the offense will suck.

vCash

Texas "sucked" last year and pounded us pretty well. what did they really lose from their running game? if they can figure out their QB situation, who knows?

it will take a few more 5-7 seasons before i believe the aren't likely in the top 3-4 of the conference.

WV and TCU were big fish in smaller ponds. they are just average here. A&M and Mizzou showed flashes of brilliance in the Big 12. that's about all they have done in the SEC so far

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Ash will not finish this season.....too injury prone. Meaning Texas will have a true freshman starting at some point. Texas has the talent to play good defense. They haven't had any coaching until now. Supposedly, that's Strong's strength.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sammalone View Post
    Ash will not finish this season.....too injury prone. Meaning Texas will have a true freshman starting at some point. Texas has the talent to play good defense. They haven't had any coaching until now. Supposedly, that's Strong's strength.
    The defense will be the key for UT. They have studs at RB, and Wickline is a proven OL coach. So if they can run and play D, they might be able to slow the games and keep them close. I don't see them challenging for the conference, but they could be a very tough out for anyone.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sammalone View Post
    Ash will not finish this season.....too injury prone. Meaning Texas will have a true freshman starting at some point.
    They will probably be better off under that scenario, nor would it surprise me if Strong dumps Ash and goes with his QB of the future this season. The change in AD, HC and assistants were just the beginning of the shake up sa*et football needs to become a conference favorite again.