SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Sampson Gives Back

I'm surprised this hasn't been made into a thread, as I feel this is pretty major news and from over a month ago. Anyway, OU got a new big man from Houston (the University). As some of you may know, Sampson is the new coach down there, and the coaching change is the reason he's leaving.

Here's a little info from soonersports:

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=209509076

We're also #5 on ESPN's "Winner's of CBB Transfer Season"

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff...espnapi_public

5. Oklahoma Sooners
    Addition: TaShawn Thomas (Houston)

The Sooners won 23 games and return everyone except power forwards Cameron Clark and Tyler Neal. Lon Kruger has guards Buddy Hield, Isaiah Cousins and Jordan Woodard back in the fold, as well as hard-playing big man Ryan Spangler. The one need is a power forward -- and that’s where Houston transfer TaShawn Thomas comes in.

The question is whether he’ll be eligible this season (he is attempting to get a waiver) or next. Regardless, Thomas, who averaged 14.5 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.2 blocks last season at Houston, will be a significant factor. Remember, Hield, Cousins and Spangler will all be juniors this season and Woodard will be a sophomore, so he’ll play with those guys whether it’s this season or next.
    He didn't look incredible in the little bit I saw, but he doesn't have much to compete with down low. Hopefully he's granted a waiver and can play with us next year. We could use some big bodies.
    Last edited by Eielson; 7/9/2014 at 06:12 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sampson Gives Back

sounds like a good get for us. i have mixed feelings about Kelvin but UH made a good hire from a basketball perspective. they just need to keep K off the phone.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout