Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New special uniforms from Nike

Was the stellar 2014 recruiting class really won over with the promise of wacky new uniforms?

HELL NO! We beat 'bama!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash
    I missed the 1995 Schnelly unis in the gallery with all of them. Bring back the sleeve stripes!
    La ola es mía.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Was the stellar 2014 recruiting class really won over with the promise of wacky new uniforms?

HELL NO! We beat 'bama!
    We also lost to Texas and Baylor.

I get what you're saying, but these things matter nowadays (if there is any doubt, head over to SoonerSports and watch the player reaction video). I don't think a recruit would pick OU just for the new alternates (or probably any school for that matter), but having that stuff does help.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    We also lost to Texas and Baylor.

I get what you're saying, but these things matter nowadays (if there is any doubt, head over to SoonerSports and watch the player reaction video). I don't think a recruit would pick OU just for the new alternates (or probably any school for that matter), but having that stuff does help.
    Also, I think it adds a little excitement for the players for the game week that they wear them. Never know when a little extra emotional charge will make the difference.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Gabe Ikard, Trey Millard and Aaron Colvin all posted on Twitter they helped design them.
    Here's the problem with that. I'm guessing NONE of those guys have experience in any field related to making things look good. They don't design ****, they may occasionally create a pair of shoes on the Nike or adidas site, nothing else. They're football players, that's it.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I went away from the internet to let you all have your say. Now I'll have mine... in motivational poster format:
    meh, the huge collars suck too.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Also, I think it adds a little excitement for the players for the game week that they wear them. Never know when a little extra emotional charge will make the difference.
    I think the players get a little bit of a boost when they come out with something different on, but that all goes away when the game starts. Just like when we lost to Tech wearing the throw backs, we just played bad football and the uniform had nothing to do with it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I think the players get a little bit of a boost when they come out with something different on, but that all goes away when the game starts. Just like when we lost to Tech wearing the throw backs, we just played bad football and the uniform had nothing to do with it.
    Yup

As long as they Got a Lot of White an/or Crimson say SOONERS on em and we wearing em Im ok with whatever they want.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Geez, what's next? Maybe crimson turf with the other stadium renovations.
    What ever happened to tradition and pride. Why act like the UO's of the world?

Sooner Starter NorthernIowaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

They're going to look ridiculous if they go all crimson. It'll look like a bunch of red plums running around. K-State used to go full purple with Prince at the helm and they looked like a bunch of grapes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BB37's Avatar
    vCash
    I give 'em a golf clap.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Got a question fer those who say they hate em. Yall gonna NOT yell yer fool head off when they wearing em?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernIowaSooner View Post
    They're going to look ridiculous if they go all crimson. It'll look like a bunch of red plums running around. K-State used to go full purple with Prince at the helm and they looked like a bunch of grapes.
    Jesus, you never go full purple.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I kinda like them. I would hate it if we did this like Oregon does it or OSU does things. But having an alternative uniform for a couple games that look similar enough to the traditional uniforms like these do is just fine. I would like to see white helmets with the white road unis too.
    "Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more" - Neil Peart

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    Or else you might forget your power towel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

has anyone thought about tie-dye uni's? Oregon could do those for the 2017 season in memory of the Summer of Love - 1967. That'd be sweet.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    Or else you might forget your power towel
    Lol
    Posted from iOS app

Not that big of a fan of the new unis. Adding a white helmet with a stripe to match the current crismon helmet would have been sufficent. I'll give it a chance.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Not that it matters but don't like the new unis ... nike and Oregon have made a mess of college football with all of this uni stuff. OU is a college football elite ... it doesn't need these kid of gimics.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

I just hope they don't put a schooner on the butt of the uniform, like OSU has Pistol Pete on theirs! UGH! I will have to BOO! uniforms, and that just doesn't make any sense. Also, please not all red like Nebraska came out in, they looked like they were playing in long-johns!