Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New special uniforms from Nike

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Gabe Ikard, Trey Millard and Aaron Colvin all posted on Twitter they helped design them. I think they're okay. Hey, if that's what it takes to make the players happy, and they're winning, I don't care. I'm not crazy about the all red look. or the all white, either. But otherwise I think they work. Especially after you read about the tradition that went into the designs.

The woodgrain won't even show on the field, to the stands, anyway. On TV, yeah, but elsewhere, not so much.

I just hope we can play better than our last two stabs at special uniforms. Oy, my head aches at thinking about those games.
    I didn't realize those guys were design/art students. Maybe Joe Washington can paint all the shoes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    I'd bet they played that video at the reveal. Hell, I started getting geeked up by the music. They kids probably wanted to wreck the joint with the jams pumping and the new unis strolling in.

They look a little Louisville, but still cool. It's hard to break from our badass traditional unis. Odds are that these won't last long. If we win, I don't care too much about the new look.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Aweful! Also no stripe on the pants. Hate the tiger striped helmets, though they are saying it is a"wood" grain pattern, still stupid! One of things I liked about watching the Sugar Bowl was that BOTH teams were in tradional uniforms, and you KNEW who was playing. Now the teams look like arena football, and lesser schools TRYING to look important.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

agreed. I really don't care, but there's something to be said for simplicity and old school style. In the same way that having a matte finish black corvette with non-glare, tinted windows would be cool.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    Aweful! Also no stripe on the pants. Hate the tiger striped helmets, though they are saying it is a"wood" grain pattern, still stupid! One of things I liked about watching the Sugar Bowl was that BOTH teams were in tradional uniforms, and you KNEW who was playing. Now the teams look like arena football, and lesser schools TRYING to look important.
    Most people knew. My wife, on the other hand, kept forgetting which team was which.

vCash

Never have been a fan of gimmicky uniforms. Tradition rich schools should stick with tradition and let wannabes tinker with Arena League uniform combinations.

I vote thumbs down.

But they didn't ask me.

Not crazy about them.
    Aries

vCash

I will add that at LEAST they didn't add gray and black and green and extra colors to our palette of possible combinations like the morons in stillwater.

that would have really made me flip out.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The only thing I like is putting OKLAHOMA across the chest in place of SOONERS.

But I'm an old stick in the mud. . .change is bad. Leave things alone. Been fine for 100 years, should be fine for another 100.

But they didn't ask me. . .and as long as we win, I don't care if they were sparkles and tap shoes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

FINALLY! I've been saying for years that college football needed more tree bark pattern.

I don't want to see these duds against anyone but the East Popcorn States of the world.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. View Post
    The only thing I like is putting OKLAHOMA across the chest in place of SOONERS.

But I'm an old stick in the mud. . .change is bad. Leave things alone. Been fine for 100 years, should be fine for another 100.

But they didn't ask me. . .and as long as we win, I don't care if they were sparkles and tap shoes.
    Totally agree. In the 90s, the home reds were Sooners and road whites were Oklahoma. I always thought both should be Oklahoma and, instead, they changed them both to Sooners.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I went away from the internet to let you all have your say. Now I'll have mine... in motivational poster format:

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Are they giving a nod to the 20th anniversary of the baseball NC with the "home plate" collar design?
    La ola es mía.

vCash

You, too, can spike your armpit, pay homage to the 1994 baseball team, recall a simpler time where "Oklahoma" was on the front of our jerseys and whatever the hell else Nike claims for a low, low cost of $134.95*

*No name on the back of the jersey but of course

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Those collars look stupid and they look like the players will be pulling them down when they need to let off some steam.
    If you had a quarter for every time OSU beat OU you'd have $16.

vCash

when you look at it from behind it looks like a baseball jersey... might be onto something with the '94 nat'l title pricetag:

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    All of the pants have stripes. They used the same stripe pattern they used on the Nike Pro Combat uniforms we have worn in the past.

Administrator
    vCash

It didn't really matter what the new alternate uniform looked like, there was going to be initial push-back. We have one of the few traditional uniforms in all of college football, so even a minor change would draw the ire of some (see last year's RRR uniforms). This was a much bigger step, and there is no way OU & Nike didn't know there would be some folks upset.

Since we already had (IMO) the best looking uniform in college football, anything was going to be a step back. But, in this day and age, recruits/players want options. So, we ended up with a couple of alternate looks.

I was thinking last night "wow, that's two huge announcements in less than a week". Then it kinda hit me, that was done purposely. Like I said, we've had such a traditional look, for so long, there was going to be push-back. So, why not "announce" the changes on the heels of the stadium renovation project?! At least that way the blowback will be toned down.

In the end, the players/recruits are very excited about these, and that's really what matters, as it directly relates to winning on the field.

vCash

There's a nice graphic showing how the Sooners' uniforms have changed from 1890 on that's worth a browse at the site originally noted with the new uniforms. Some of them are pretty wild, indeed.

vCash

Despite the abysmal way we've played in them in the past, I haven't been against having alternate jerseys. Maybe if there were clearer pictures of the helmet in profile it would be easier to decide, but as far as the jerseys go, I don't much care for them. The armpit spikes and color blocking just look awkward to me.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.