Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: August 30th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    My sentiments exactly, and might as well throw in Texas, too. In fact throw ALL of the Texas schools in that sentiment.
    I don't understand you people. So yes, let our biggest rivals lose all their games forever so it can reflect on us. Nice logic.
    Reflect on us?

What??

Those schools deserve pain.

Endless pain and humiliation.

They should lose so often and awfully that they eventually become so dispirited they drop sports and commit hari kari en masse.

It reflects nothing "on us" but has everything to do with their being loathsome and pathetic creatures.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: August 30th

Pretty sure them losing all the rest of their games, forever, was HYPOthetical.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't see why - both teams will be heavy underdogs. WVU has been pretty weak the last couple of years.

I think folks are underestimating the graduation losses FSU had last year. Yes, they have recruited well, but a lot of inexperienced players will have to step up and that can make season openers unpredictable. On the flip side, OSU lost most their experience too, so it's a long shot.
    You're over thinking this.

I'm not talking about the selection committee, or the people that watch the game closely and follow more than one team. I'm talking about the same groupthink that has dominated for the past few years.

You and I both know, even though none of those teams are going to be favored to win, the masses (especially in the other power conferences) will be talking about how bad the Big XII is...

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    Most likely ... but its a case of some bad matchups this year. Most likely oSu and WV will lose those games ... Kansas will probably lose to Duke (not that that's a huge game or anything), Texas will be a dog to UCLA, see if Iowa St can do anything against Iowa. On the flip side ... Oklahoma should beat Tennessee pretty good and Tech vs Arkansas and Auburn at Kansas St are really interesting matchups. Very possible the conference can go 2-2 or even 3-1 against the SEC ... and that will give the conference some cred.
    Agreed. It's almost completely bad timing. I'm sure several of these match-ups were scheduled enough in advance that it was possible they would at least be competitive. It's going to be a rough marquee OOC season for the Big XII.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    You're over thinking this.

I'm not talking about the selection committee, or the people that watch the game closely and follow more than one team. I'm talking about the same groupthink that has dominated for the past few years.

You and I both know, even though none of those teams are going to be favored to win, the masses (especially in the other power conferences) will be talking about how bad the Big XII is...
    You're probably right, but I do think anyone that follows CFB at all knows WVU was a big12 bottom dweller last season and the coachs' seat is getting warm. Bama's incoming freshman class might be able to take them. OSU takes a little more knowledge since they were a near-interception away from conference champions last year. So if FSU spanks them, the perception could be that the big12 is weak.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    You're probably right, but I do think anyone that follows CFB at all knows WVU was a big12 bottom dweller last season and the coachs' seat is getting warm. Bama's incoming freshman class might be able to take them. OSU takes a little more knowledge since they were a near-interception away from conference champions last year. So if FSU spanks them, the perception could be that the big12 is weak.
    I would agree with the perception of WVU, but Texas, KSU and OSU are among the Big XII upper crust (at least that's the perception). There's a legitimate chance all three could lose their marquee games. As Mac pointed out earlier, it's got more to do with catching some really good teams at a bad time, but most people won't take the time to realize that.

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

I would give us around a 1% chance of winning, but I do think we beat the spread. We lost too much defensively to make consistent stops to win the game. Our hope is Tyreek Hill makes some big early plays catching them off guard and they don't respond, or Jameis gets suspended. Either one works.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    I would give us around a 1% chance of winning, but I do think we beat the spread. We lost too much defensively to make consistent stops to win the game. Our hope is Tyreek Hill makes some big early plays catching them off guard and they don't respond, or Jameis gets suspended. Either one works.
    Tyreek who?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Tyreek who?
    Hill, Pay tention
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Is this the next Poke skill player to be called better than whatever position player that we have in Norman?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

In Tyreek we trust.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    Reflect on us?

What??

They should lose so often and awfully that they eventually become so dispirited they drop sports and commit hari kari en masse.

It reflects nothing "on us" but has everything to do with their being loathsome and pathetic creatures.
    Well I don't think you're being serious but I'll bite anyway.

So yeah let our biggest rivals lose forever, taking away the interests of those games, making our rivalries jokes.

It will reflect ON US because that takes away from our strength of schedule which affects the playoff selection committee.

I would rather see them win all their games EXCEPT for us every year. That would be even more hilarious and make the victories even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Reflect on us?

What??

Well I don't think you're being serious but I'll bite anyway.

So yeah let our biggest rivals lose forever, taking away the interests of those games, making our rivalries jokes.

It will reflect ON US because that takes away from our strength of schedule which affects the playoff selection committee.

I would rather see them win all their games EXCEPT for us every year. That would be even more hilarious and make the victories even better.
    If I recall correctly it didn't seem to hurt Nebraska's national championship aspirations during the 1990s when Oklahoma, their historic and long time rival, had pretty much fallen off the face of the earth.

Far from reflecting poorly upon them, they seized the opportunity and claimed national titles in our absence. So, even though my hyperbole may be excessive, I would just as soon see Texas cease to exist to exist as a football power.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Uh, nobody cares Cowboy. If they get whomped at FSU, they will be back to scheduling the William & Mary School of Nursing for the season opener.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

If I recall correctly it didn't seem to hurt Nebraska's national championship aspirations during the 1990s when Oklahoma, their historic and long time rival, had pretty much fallen off the face of the earth.

Far from reflecting poorly upon them, they seized the opportunity and claimed national titles in our absence. So, even though my hyperbole may be excessive, I would just as soon see Texas cease to exist to exist as a football power.
    Good point but the Big 12 was a stronger conference back then and like you said we didn't lose all our games. I'll still stick with my opinion of I would love to see them win all their games every year (excluding the bowl maybe) yet still lose to us every single year. That would be just hilarious in my opinion.

vCash

osu can lose every game forever.
    Hear hear!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

To CowboyMRW:

As usual being an Aggie, you are trying to compare wrestling to football. The fact is football makes a lot of money, and if you want to compare all of the sports programs in the two schools, OU has National Championships in Baseball, Softball, Gymnastics (with olympians) and probably others I don't know. OSU has zero football national championships, 2 conference championships (one is tied), so WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Question for Cowboy: Has football ever been an Olympic sport?
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I would defer to actual poke fans for talking about their team, but since I live in Tulsa, I actually get to hear about them occasionally.

They just lost their best defensive player, the one the Browns took before Johnny Football (CB Justin Gilbert). Not that Poke defense has ever been staple of Poke football. What has been is their running game... which had a major setback this offseason.

But, if they have anything going for them, it's J.W. Walsh returns to be the sole quarterback starter, not like a few years ago when there were a trio of starters, then last year where there was two starters... and Walsh is the one that doesn't have a twitter brother.

vCash

Crims 35-aggot 10. OA will be thankful they got the Crims on the opening day, before they ironed out the kinks.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.